I'VE GOT HIM!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezeta

Reaction score
Not long been back with him me and Phil sat in the room with him. He seems happy enough with his NIC cage. He has has a good hop around sniffed all his toys had some hay and pellets and had a good wash so I am taking this as a good sign.

Jess is excited she hasn't seen another rabbit for a year. (there cages are next to each other so they can see each other) they have been trying to sniff and suss out one another through the bars but looks like they have calmed down now.

I'm just going to let him settle today and get used to his cage, a bit later on I will let him have a run around in the room where his cage is, I'm not letting him have the full run of the house just yet because don't want to overwhelm him so think I will gradually get him used to each room. Its very hard not to keep checking up on him, I'm really trying to refrain myself and just let him be but its very tempting just to poke a head around the corner see how he is getting on :D.

I will post you a pic a little later when he has settled in a bit more.

In the meantime could do with your oppinion on names. Sorry don't know how to do the voting thing. The rescue called him Travis and we thought we would keep it but then we decided maybe we would give him a new name for his new start in life. So we decided Dexter as me and Phil both like the name.

What do you think? Travis or Dexter? . . Or maybe you can think of something else?

Does he know his name, Travis?

Cause all of ours know their names and respond to them. Tony will come to me if I call him. Bo will if he feels like it.

No he doesn't seem to respond to Travis .. Tried calling him Dexter a few times just to see what he thinks. He doesn't seem to fussed with either at the moment he is to busy nibbling hay :)

Eating is a good thing! sounds like he's not too concerned about the move.

If he has no idea about his name.... Dexter it is! :D

I LOVE the name Dexter for your new lil boy! (A new name for a new start!) As long as he doesn't respond to "Travis"... it doesn't matter.

Woohoo! I just read your other posts, and was really upset for you that Travis (sorry, Dexter) may not be coming. I am so pleased you decided to go ahead with the adoption:).

Can't wait to see how the little guy settles in :)

Jan

Hehe thanks,

I've let him out his cage he has had a good hop around in the spare bedroom, he is happily washing himself at the moment and totally ignoring me.He even did the tiniest of binkies afew seconds ago. I have tried to get a few photos but they haven't turned out very good because he was running around and now the battery in my camera has gone, maybe try again a bit later because got to go do the food shopping so will get some batteries then. I will see if he is in the mood or not later I might be able to sneakily get one. Hehe I'm sat on the floor he just came and nudged me with his nose and ran off :biggrin2:

Ohh even better than that he has been going around things and occassionally rubbing his chin against them marking them as his...He just did it to me!! Guess that means I am his now hehe

YAY!!!!!

I read your other thread earlier and was gutted that you might not be getting him (didn't get chance to reply as I was going out) and was really gutted for you.

But I'm glad to come back to good news! He sounds like a real cutie and I'm glad to hear he's settling in ok :)

Waiting for pics!

mouse_chalk wrote:
Waiting for pics!

Yes me to,i don't know if i have just missed him somewhere or not....but i want to see his picture :D

Cheryl

Yay, Dexter is home! I'm so glad you have him and he doesn't sound too scared! Dexter is an awesome name, I'm sure that if we got another boy bunny my boyfriend would want to name him that.

Pictures, please? He sounds so cute!:biggrin2:

Oh YAY!! I just saw your other post, and asked about him...and was DELIGHTED to see this post!! :)

And I LOVE the name Dexter...it's so cute!! :D

:hug:

:biggrin2:phew glad people like the name Dexter for him hehe.

I just want to say thanks again guys for putting up with my "stressyness" the past week :biggrin2:

Well you really need to put a picture to that name now don't you. Hold on one tic I'm just going to go get my camera and will put some pica up for you in a min or two ...

INTRODUCING DEXTER . . .

This is him in his new cage (we will be having two levels at some point)

9486.jpg

Eeks its gone blue and underlined.. How on earth did I do that? Huh well anyways. I did actually clean him out not that long ago but he is a bit of a messy pup and not quite got used to the litter tray yet.

9485.jpg

9487.jpg

He had a fantastic time digging in the bed covers.. Don't tell Phil though hehe. P.S sorry these pics are a little big I have no idea how to make them smaller I am useless with this sort of stuff

9489.jpg

Darn its in Blue again!!

Looks like Dexter likes RO as well he is looking at a thread all about himself lol.

9490.jpg

Oh boy! He has certainly settled in!! I just caught him "humping" his cuddly rabbit toy lol he was really going for it as well. Jess could see him from her cage and I think she was jelous she started grunting I had to give her some serious cuddles :)

Aww...Dexter is a little cutie pie!! He looks like a little stuffy!! :)

How wonderful that he's so comfy in his new home...

And I can't wait to see how Jess likes him...:D

hehe thank you.

Hmmm I'm not sure what Jess thinks. Oh dear I think she may be a little angry he is here at the moment because she keeps grunting at me and giving me nips. Think she is a little jelous poor little baby. I have been giving her extra cuddles and attention.

Think we are going to put Dexter in Jess's cage tonight and Jess in his because I think she is too possessive over her cage so I want to try and mix the scents a bit (is this a bit too soon do you think or am I best letting him settle in a bit more first?)

He had his first bit of banana today and *shock, shock* he did this weird twitcy thing that Jess does when she has banana and gets excited.

Latest posts

Back