Introducing Yofi :o)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BSAR wrote:
Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.
Great Yofi update! I do agree entirely about the book thing! If it was popular Yofi might even get his own tv show! That would be cool! I really think you should write a book about all of yofi's antics and such.
Reality TV that I would actually watch! :p

Thanks everyone...still dragging myself around, but with low iron it takes a while for pills to accumulate and start taking effect. So now instead of being 8 steps behind Yofi, I'm now 12. ;)

LOL...yesterday I decided to give Anna and Yofi a chunk of banana to share. Usually when they get banana I'll divvy it up between them, but this time just gave them one piece, figuring they'd work it out. Yofi is THE biggest food hog, running to the darkest depths of the cage and huddling in the furthest corner with his treasure so he doesn't have to give any to Anna. She, however, has lived with him long enough that she knows his tricks and will be hot on his heels behind him. So I was a bit surprised to return after giving them their treat this time, to find both of them still in the same spot. However, what I saw didn't surprise me. It certainly did invoke a burst of laughter, though.

There was Anna, desperately trying to worm her way under Yofi's mouth in an effort to pry just a morsel of the cherished banana from him. But it was a futile effort, for The Boy had somehow managed to shove the entire piece - almost half a banana - into his mouth at once. And the look was hysterical. Those pudgy little upper lips of his were expanded outward to twice their normal size, like a hamster hording a full winter's supply of nuts...only the storage wasn't at the sides of his mouth, it was at the front. He could barely move his jaws to masticate the food into mush, but he was giving it his best effort. I've never seen a rabbit with that much food crammed into its maw before, but, well...he's Yofi. And Yofi will do what a Yofi's gotta do in order to not waste away and starve to death.

He would've made Alvin of chipmunk fame proud.

Hey Di,

I dure hope you start to feel better resal soon, And I hope and pray thet the Insurance company will pick up the tab for all the digging in your back yard. Believe me I know how slow Insurance companies can be at giving money out.

Poor Anna, not getting any Banana. I think you should send her here so i can share all of my babies treats with her. Of course she'd get the biggest piece of banana.:p

Susan:weee::panic::purpletongue

Back again...and yes, Anna did eventually get some banana! ;) Of course Yofi would claim that he is wasting away to nothing and NEVER gets a morsel, but thankfully I don't fall for his exaggerations. Too often, anyway. (Thanks for the well wishes Susan...I know you've had more than your share of experience with insurance companies; I can't imagine some of the frustrations you've seen! So far I still have a hole at the back of my house, though they finally finished soil analysis and say it's all good...excavation was kept to a minimum. Now I'm waiting for them to return and fill it in, and then find out if the insurance company will be paying.)

Today was a beautiful, sunny, warm summer day, so the bunnies had a few hours in the garden to run and play. Actually they don't run and play quite so much as they do sit and 'tan' (especially Miss Anna), but hey, they enjoy it anyway. And I finally recharged my camera, so here's a small photo shoot:

First...the money pit...er...hole (see, it's not big at all)
july509thehole640x480.jpg

My clematis
july509clematis640x480.jpg

Lemmee out!
july509garden1640x480.jpg

Garden inspectors
july509garden2640x480.jpg

Kaya and Fritz
july509kayafritz640x480.jpg

A nicer one of Kaya
july509kaya640x480.jpg

Annadoo (the ol' red-eyed rabbit)
july509annadoo640x480.jpg

A 'meh' pic
july509annadanna640x480.jpg

"Sumbunny needs to go on a diet..."
july509annamuffin640x480.jpg

ooops...never take a photo of a female that shows her extra weight, or you get this look:
july509annadanna2640x480.jpg

Kaya's archnemesis (and my son's as well, apparently)
july509squirrel640x480.jpg

Anna in her favorite hidey spot (Devil bunny!!)
july509devilbunnay640x480.jpg

And now...a group of Yofi photos:

Sitting outside of his favorite hidey spot
july509infrontofhidey640x480.jpg

And in the hidey spot
july509hideyhole640x480.jpg

"U can't com in unles u knows the sekret code"
july509dirtynose640x480.jpg

"Hai dere!"
july509dirtynose3640x480.jpg

"Huh? Wut?"
july509dirtynose4640x480.jpg

"I haz a spot on mai face? Where?"
july509dirtyface2640x480.jpg

"Iz it gon naow?"
july509dirtyface640x480.jpg

"Hehe...she can't seez me heer"
july509mrincognito640x480.jpg

"or heer"
july509yofarooni640x480.jpg

"Mom sez I talks too much. She'z nutz."
july509password640x480.jpg

july509yofer640x480.jpg

And doing what a Yofi does best in a garden...
july509tastinleaves640x480.jpg

july509nomming640x480.jpg

july509nomming2640x480.jpg

"Up Yofiscope!"
july509yofiscope640x480.jpg

LOL...and finally, a picture that was on my camera from a while back. Fritz was snoozing on the sofa when suddenly this came up from behind for a sneak attack...a nip on Fritzie's bum...poor Fritz didn't stand a chance:
sneakinuponfritz640x480.jpg

Oh, and the squirrel picture I actually took as I plan to send it to my son. Apparently a month or two ago a squirrel got into the apartment he shares with his girlfriend and a roommate...it was running around in the roommate's bedroom, having squeezed in through a hole near his window A/C unit. The roommate wasn't at home so Stephen, wondering what was making all the noise upstairs, went to look. The squirrel started running around in a panic and Stephen (probably in more of a panic than the rodent) ran out of the room and went downstairs to get a broom. His plan, he later told me, was to 'herd' the squirrel back through the hole from whence it came. Little did he know, however, that squirrels do not take lightly to being herded. So when Stephen entered the room, armed with his trusty cleaning implement, the squirrel got REALLY mad and raced out of the bedroom and down the hallway. Stephen panicked again, ran out of the room and managed to get halfway down the staircase. Then he turned around to see if he could spot where the squirrel was in the hall, just in time to see one royally #$%$-off creature leap into the air and land squarely in the middle of his chest, where it latched firmly onto his shirt (sounds like a remake of Clark Griswold's famous Christmas tree scene, doesn't it?).

Now, he didn't tell me this, but I'm almost positive my son must have let out a freakishly high girly-scream right about then. He raced down to the livingroom (still sporting squirrel) and finally amid all the chaos the squirrel had enough and fell off. Stephen's girlfriend opened the door to the apartment and the peanut-eating creature flew out, into the bowels of the building. Door slammed shut, Stephen checked to see if his heart was still going, and then everything finally went back to normal.

One hour later. Stephen decided to go to the grocery store. He headed out of the apartment, went down the stairs to the first floor landing, and THERE IT WAS. The squirrel spotted Stephen, Stephen spotted the squirrel (and again I'm sure there was a freakishly high girly-scream erupted, only this time by both parties), and suddenly the squirrel went into 'attack-the-weird-human' mode again. Stephen screamed upstairs for Brooke, who came flying to his rescue by helping him to chase the maniacal squirrel outdoors...this time for good.

You know, if I wasn't there for my son's birth I'd almost swear he was adopted. He does like animals, but somehow just doesn't have that 'rapport' with them. Well, at least anything other than cats or dogs. Raph never did really get along with him all that well; I had another rabbit, Rufus, who used to bite him - and only him - and would even seek out Stephen's shoes and pee on them; and now a member of the nut-packing community tried to take him out as well.

Ah well, I'm one to talk...for him it's small creatures with big, sharp teeth...for me it's June bugs....:biggrin2:

:laugh: Oh, that has really brightened my day:D. The thought of your son and that squirrel - hilarious!!!

Love the pictures - my new girl looks a lot like Anna, apart from her ears are uppity. Funny, but it seems Yofi's nose gets more dirty than his long ears when he's in the garden!!

Jan

Quick question; what is that little bump on Yofi's head? Is that fur, or part of his little head? Do all E-Lops have that? I've only noticed it on him...

I just have to comment and tell you that your story of the squirrel and your son is priceless and hilariously told. You are a good story teller.

I hate to gain pleasure from other people's pain, but that is a funny story!

Also thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of your bunnies and kitty and dog! They are awesome.

Laura

LOL on Stephen! :rofl:

Those buggers can be pretty fierce. My folks had a whole group of them come down the chimney one time. 2 dug a hole in the carpet and tried to hide nuts. A couple more sought refuge behind some scrap wood, so my dad blocked them in while he tried to figure out what to do. Then came....the WORST gnawing sound you could ever imagine!Somewhere between a growling Cujo (old movie reference for ya...basically a demonic dog that loved human blood) and an enormous woodchuck. :nasty: SCARRRRYYY!!

I had a chipmunk get loose in my room once... :D I caught it from a neighbor's cat, and I wanted to make sure he was OK, so it was living in a bird cage in my room for a little while. The little bugger got out of the cage and hilarity ensued. Cue the Benny Hill theme!

kherrmann3 wrote:
Quick question; what is that little bump on Yofi's head? Is that fur, or part of his little head? Do all E-Lops have that? I've only noticed it on him...
Yep, that's Yofi's special 'doo. For some reason his hair grows upward at the top of his head and forms a peak, which winds up making him look uncannily like Alfalfa from the old 'Our Gang' fame. All he'd need to complete the look would be a few freckles on that mud-smeared face and he'd be a dead ringer. Personally I haven't seen other e-lops with it, though I don't know if it's a unique Yofi™ patent or not.;)

*Jan, Anna's ears used to be erect all the time, until I got Yofi. And then not long afterward her ears began to droop. Now she sometimes holds them up, sometimes strikes a helicopter pose, and sometimes she's in full lop. It's the dangedest thing...it's like she copycats him (or, copybuns?). Well, I guess the saying is true, that when a couple lives together long enough, they begin to look like one another....

I had a chipmunk get loose in my room once... :D I caught it from a neighbor's cat, and I wanted to make sure he was OK, so it was living in a bird cage in my room for a little while. The little bugger got out of the cage and hilarity ensued. Cue the Benny Hill theme!

Somewhere between a growling Cujo (old movie reference for ya...basically a demonic dog that loved human blood) and an enormous woodchuck.

I swear, these little rodents have some sort of plan hatching to take over the world, one family at a time. Never mind threats of recession and global warming...we need to watch our backs for these evil-doers! I say the next time we see two or three of them congregating around our homes, undoubtedly leaning casually back against a tree, clad in tiny leather rodent jackets that sport their squirrel-gang colors, with little oak-leaf-wrapped cigarettes dangling from those freakishly-sharp gnawing untensils, then we need to watch every step...leave lights on at night, sleep with one eye open, and each and every one of us keep a broom beside our beds. :nerves1:biggrin2:

(LOL...I loved the description of the strange sound those wood-hiding squirrels were making! And yes, I definitely know Cujo...the drooly rabid St. Bernard conjured up from the depths of Stephen King's dark recesses...but I'll bet if Cujo had run into an angry squirrel even he'd have taken off with his tail between his legs. ;))

:rofl:Have you seen the movie RV (with Robin Williams) that came out a year or two ago? He had a run in with RACOONS. What's next?! Possums? Chipmunks? Angry hummingbirds??

Latest posts

Back