Introducing Yofi :o)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassetluv

Reaction score
For the past few weeks I had been considering getting another rabbit. Ever since Raph's passing I felt this *urge* to seek out another English lop...but the strange thing is, it never felt as though it was something really coming from me. It was like Raph was pushing me, telling me to go out there and find *him*. And so I began looking at breeders in the province, just to see if any E-lops would be available. It was a casual quest at best, but one that I felt compelled to do...I could almost feel Raph's nose nudging me, telling me to do so.

And several weeks ago I found a breeder who had some bunnies that would be going up for sale soon. When he finally posted their photos, there were several to choose from...but one in particular caught my eye right away. He was a little broken cream buck, just over 3 months old, and even though all the other rabbits were gorgeous, there was just something about him. And once again it felt as if Raph were somehow behind this, telling me to keep looking at him...to look at him.

So a few weeks ago I paid for this bunny, and last weekend my sister and I drove down to Toronto to pick him up. It was a combined trip, as I got to visit my son and meet his girlfriend, and then on the way back we went to the breeder's. And there he was...an adorable little guy who oozed sweetness and charm, who seemed both laidback and terrified at the same time, if that's possible. I held him in my arms and could feel the tension in him, yet at the same time I felt enveloped by that wonderful sense of *bunnylove* that all of us here know too well. And so I put him in his carrier and we headed back to Ottawa.

The timing on getting Yofi (yes, that's his name ;)) couldn't have been better...or worse. For the past three weeks or so I've been feeling ill, and last week things felt much worse...many physical difficulties as well as emotional ones to tag along...and I wondered if getting this little guy was a mistake. Taking on another pet when I was barely taking care of myself...what was I thinking? But all the time I felt that constant urging...that *nudge* from Raph...telling me to go ahead. And now - today - I still don't feel well, but I must admit that Yofi's presence has more than uplifted my spirits. He is such an entertainer! In many ways he is nothing like Raph...where Raph was extremely laid-back and calm, right from the moment he arrived...Yofi is jumpy, wirey, raring to go at the drop of a hat. He hates being held and will flash those huge white feet at the slightest hint of being picked up, though he will settle down once snuggled into arms. He darts from room to room, anxious to make sure he's not missing out on any of the activities and goings-on in the house. And he flips and does binkies, twists and turns, all, I am sure, just to show off those ears.

My only concern I have about Yofi right now is his upper respiratory tract. He's been sneezing off and on...though it does seem to be a dry sneeze. No discharge, no wetness to speak of under his nose. But my concern about that is small; if it keeps up a quick trip to the vet will most certainly take care of things. This guy has a huge appetite, energy to spare, and has quickly claimed his own space in the house. He loves to stretch out in front of the door; the bathroom, for some reason, has filled him with curiosity (how many times have I now walked in there to find the trash bin emptied all over the floor!); and the sofa...well, he seems to think (to my extreme disdain) that he's discovered the world's largest litter box! :nonono:

I've rambled on enough...so without further ado, here he is....my Yofi:

YofipeeksSmall.jpg

YofiundersofaSmall.jpg

Yofisep17Small.jpg

YofimidhopSmall.jpg

EARSSmall.jpg

cleanthosefeetsSmall.jpg

IknowshesupthereSmall.jpg

YoficloseSmall.jpg

So as odd as it sounds, I do feel as though Raph led the way to Yofi. For what reason, I'm not sure...but Yofi is like a breath of fresh air... with a bit of Jerry Lewis thrown in...:)

Yofi is precious! I love the name, too! He looks like quite the impish little guy. :D

I am so glad to hear that Yofi is part of your life and that you felt that connection with Raph while you were looking for the new guy. It is nice to have acutieElop around here again- I've been wanting to add one to my own crew and getting to see new pictures has satisfied that urge (a bit), lol!

*****whining*****

I WANT.....

****whining off****

He's adorable - really adorable. I'm so glad you have him and I'm actually glad that he has a different personality than Raph.

Peg

oh wow, he is stunning! He is so beautiful. Im so happy for you.

We needed some good news around here. He's a breath of fresh air.

What does Anna think of him??

OMG! look at that face and those ears and he's just as gorgeous and adorable as can be! I love his "peaking" around the corner!

I bet he's just a character isn't he???

Thanks everyone! Yofi truly is a spirited little fellow. Peg, I agree completely; I'm glad he isn't like Raph. He's his own independent soul, and while he has the English lop look, that's where the similarities between he and Raph end.

LOL...does he step on his ears? I've seen him do it once or twice, but - again - unlike Raph, he doesn't get *stuck* when he does so. He knows to move his back foot quickly to get going again. Raph, on the other hand, didn't always recognize that it was his foot holding him back, and would get frustrated in his attempts to move his head. Raph also did so a lot, partly because of his spinal problems...his hind feet seemed to go further forward than they should have, so he was tripping on his ears a lot.

Anna hasn't formally met Yofi just yet. I tend to keep them separated for the time being. However, Anna did meet up with Yofi once, very briefly, in the backyard. She was running loose and I had taken Yofi out on a harness. Anna spotted him and came running over, sniffed his rear end, and gave him a hard nip on the butt, then took off. She doesn't seem very impressed with him at all, so bonding them might be a bit of a challenge. Maybe her nose is a bit out of joint right now and she sees him as an intruder on her property. She got along great with Raph from day one; however, in that case she was the newcomer on his turf. So I suppose Anna is a bit territorial, queen that she be. :?

As for Yofi's name, I actually named him after an archangel called Yofiel, but I shortened it to Yofi. I was trying to come up with a normal *bunny* name for him, but was online and happened to run across this website with a list of archangel names. And in skimming through the list that name jumped out at me. Then I looked up the meaning, and it said that Yofiel - which means 'divine beauty' - assists archangel Michael in battle (fitting for this guy, as he seems like a warrior type). He is also an angel of September, which was also fitting as September is the month he came to me. And lastly, Yofiel is known to 'cure stupidity in humans'. LOL! So I thought, what a perfect name for him. :p

Even my sister loves him, and she doesn't care for rabbits...!

Congratulations on your new addition, he is adorable.

I look forward to many more stories and pictures of him. Raph would be so proud of you and the new little guy.

Susan:apollo:

A few more Yofi pics

Watching TV:

WatchingTVSept222007Small.jpg

Acting pretty:

BigboySept222007Small.jpg

EARS:

PrettyearsSept222007Small.jpg

His favorite spot (excuse the hammer...I'm a terrible housekeeper, and when I went to take the pic, that's when I found the hammer :p):

YofilyingdownSept222007Small.jpg

Shnoooozin':

Snoozin2Sept222007Small.jpg

Yo! MOM!

HeyMomSept222007Small.jpg

Will post some pics of Anna too, once she's out of her snit. She's so mad that a new bunny has invaded her turf, she won't let me anywhere near her. *sigh* Females... :p

I love his name! If this isn't an angelic face, I don't know what is. I love that his namesake "cures stupidity in humans." We could use more of him!

Bassetluv wrote:
HeyMomSept222007Small.jpg

Will post some pics of Anna too, once she's out of her snit. She's so mad that a new bunny has invaded her turf, she won't let me anywhere near her. *sigh* Females... :p

Oh Di, I can't tell you how happy I am that you have brought another bunny into your life - and a truly gorgeous one at that. Like Peg, I am pleased that he has a different character to Raph (well, he was one of a kind). He has that 'self assured look' that I think most elops seem to have.

He certainly seems to be quite the character - I am sure Anna will take to him! With a face like that, how could she not? :D

Jan

He is just gorgeous :inlove: I am so happy for you :hugsquish:

Latest posts

Back