Introducing Petey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petey is SOOO adorable! I absolutely love him! :inlove:

He kind of looks like my new bun Layla.

What a lucky boy that you took him home, he is such a sweet littlething, I'm glad he is going to have such a wonderful life with you andPeapoo.

Eve wrote:
Petey is SOOO adorable! I absolutely love him! :inlove:

He kind of looks like my new bun Layla.

What a lucky boy that you took him home, he is such a sweet littlething, I'm glad he is going to have such a wonderful life with you andPeapoo.

thank you! im SO glad i got him!i love him and ialready can't imagine my life without the sweet little guy! lol...itsfunny how it only takes a little while to get so attached tothem!!:bunnydance:

that shelter must not have given him any hay...ive already refilled hishay thing twice..he dives right into it.. i didnt see any at theshelter, but i have never seen a bunny so excited over hay!:D

*edit* wow, his coloringdoes looka lot like your bun:)

Eve wrote:
I'mglad to hear his hay is bringing him so much pleasure. :D
i wassurprised that he got so excited! he's probably finished his second haybin full by now...lol..should i just keep giving it to him? or not givehim unlimited hay right nowif he's never had itbefore?:ponder:

What a cutie! Congrats!

You can give him unlimited hay. That's the one thing thatusually won't upset a bunny's stomach if they have a lot rightaway.

Do you know when he was neutered? You might want to call theshelter and get a date. Don't let Peapoo near him until 4weeks after his neuter date, because he could still have living spermleft. Accidents have happened before!:shock:

I think they'll be a beautiful couple!

oh poor petey!! that shelter didnt trim hisnails:(! they were SO long!!! poor little guy! he didn't even care wheni cut them...it looks like its more comfortable for him to walknow:)..they were so long i was afraid to wait until latertocut them!

here's one of the shorter nails..after i had already trimmed it some...they were SO long!:(

peteysnail.jpg

heres the picture of him they had on their website... its not a very good picture of him:?

A667153.jpg

i love the little guy:bunnyheart! he's stillkind of shy, but he hasnt even been here 24hrs yet so thatsunderstandable..he is definately better than yesterday. he hasnt eatenany of his pellets, but he has eaten three containers full of timothyhay..he LOVES it! right now he's exploring the bunny room aka thedownstairsbathroom.he hates the slippery floor, so i had toput towels and rugs on the floor..peapoo gets her playtime in mybedroom now instead of the bathroom...she doesnt seem to mind since mybedroom is bigger and has carpet so she doesnt slide.. plus herbig nic cube cage is in there so she can go in and out as shepleases..

i cant wait to see what peapoo thinks of him! im kind of dreading itand looking forward to it..lol;)...i really hope they'll getalong eventually! but i guess that will be awhile...we're still lookingat vets to get peapoo spayed, but haven't found one we like yet..wewill probably wait until this summer ( i get out in 4 wks) when i canstay home with her to make sure she's ok after the surgery ...my mom isterrified that something will happen to "the little baby girl"..soshe's sort of hesitating to get it done..but we will get it done.. wow,i didnt realise how long this was...lol...:wink:

oh im so happy:D:D!! i let petey out in a closedarea in the living room (on the carpet so he wouldntslide)and he started doing binkies:wink::inlove:!! he's socute! and he's starting to come over and nudge my hand for noserubs!!!:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

thanks guys! he's really starting to come out ofhis shell today! he's upstairs hopping around... he hates the woodfloors and will only stay on the rug in the middle of the floor, so ionly have to check on him every now and then. unlike peapoo who has tobe followed around everywhere she goes..

wow he does kind of look like trix:)...it looks like he has more black on him though

well, today i had to go ahead and move petey'scages into my room...they were taking up to much space in thedownstairs bathroom and nobody could hardly get ready in there...iwould be afraid that he is sick or something, and being around peapoowouldnt be good...but he just went to the vet right before we got him,so im not that worried..

there is plenty of space between their cages because it hasnt been amonth since his neuter yet, and we wouldnt want and accidentallitters;).. on may 10th it will be a month. then i guess ill let themjust get to know each other( through the cagebars)for awhile and then we'll have to start the bonding..theyve been laying beside each other, well as close as they can get toeach other, so i guess its good that theyre not growling and such..butthe bonding still might be a problem..peapoo was been really nervousaround him at first and freaked out and tried to run away from him...

i need them to be bonded as soon as possible, but im not rushing...itsjust that ina few months we will be living at thelake and i havent fixed them a place there yet, so they'll have to stayhere for awhile. they would be fine the way they are..i would just likethem to be together

both peapoo and petey seemmore relaxedand happytoday..when i first put their cages in the same roomthey were a little tense at first..especially peapoo...now theyre bothjust stretched out in their cages:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back