intorducing my flemmie!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I made sure to buy a large under the bed storage container and I mad sure she daenk out of it by putting it on front of her mouth that's how I lead her into the litter box.

So for hay I'm going to put hay in some cardboard tubes. If she still doesn't eat any should I reduce pellets?

How big is the litter box and is it easily accessible for her? For my 14 lb French Lop I used a plastic cement mixing tub purchased at a hardware store (Lowe's or Home Depot). We cut out one side of it to make it easier for her to get in. She was pushing elderly when I got her from the shelter, so she could not jump into a litter box. My rabbits like a big litter box. Skyler is only 4 lbs and his litter box is an extra large cat box. Stella and Parker are each about 4 lbs and they have two high back litter boxes pushed together, facing each other. They pee and poop in one, but only poop in the other. I've no idea what their reasoning is on that decision. Get her the biggest litter box you can. BTW, she's really really pretty. :)

She's in a big litter box. Its not really that she doesn't rt it in it. I just don't think she has the concept down.

I keep finding this red stuff on the floor. It doesn't look like blood. Could it be blood though? I haven't noticed any wounds or anything and its not in pee.

20130822_065207.jpg

She is gorgouse you lucky mummy what about Petula I think it would suite her ha ha.

Looks like blood to me, have you checked her nails to make sure she didn't split one?

How big is the litter box and is it easily accessible for her? For my 14 lb French Lop I used a plastic cement mixing tub purchased at a hardware store (Lowe's or Home Depot). We cut out one side of it to make it easier for her to get in. She was pushing elderly when I got her from the shelter, so she could not jump into a litter box. My rabbits like a big litter box. Skyler is only 4 lbs and his litter box is an extra large cat box. Stella and Parker are each about 4 lbs and they have two high back litter boxes pushed together, facing each other. They pee and poop in one, but only poop in the other. I've no idea what their reasoning is on that decision. Get her the biggest litter box you can. BTW, she's really really pretty. :)

Not trying to jack this thread, and in fact it might have been you who gave me the idea to get the tubs myself, how did you cut it? I probably need to do it soon myself as well. I only have simple tools and even if I could get better tools I got nowhere really to use them.

I have always heard that baking flour will stop a bleeding nail if you dab a bit on the end. I keep syptic gel on hand just in case but thankfully haven't had to use it. Hopefully you track down the source of those spots.

I didn't really are any bleeding nails but she didn't really let me look. I'll try a bunny burrito tomorrow and look while I'm cutting nails. Kinda scared to pick her up. I don't wanna break her back and I'm sure she wasn't handled often.

At 5 months is she in her teenage years? If she is she's really good.

So she's not as hard as I thought she would be to pick up. She's pretty calm. I didn't see any split nails and there aren't anymore of those marks

As larger buns Flemish take a bit longer to mature. 5 months is just starting to hit teenage and hormones will start kicking in right about now. Don't forget though, they also say Flemish are laid back. I never saw bad behavior from my Conan even at 9 months old.

Oh OK. Hopefully she will stay lazy. Peeta is a hellion. He's 7 months so hopefully when he hits a year or so he will mellow out. So far I don't believe that whole boys are more laid back than girls rumor. My girls are better than my boy.

i would take her for her check sooner rather than later just to check the red stains and also the fact that she isn't eating hay it would be worth getting the vet to look at her teeth and make sure they aren't getting overgrown

Also those stains have stopped and I don't think they were blood they just didn't look like blood it wasn't really a liquid.

Back