In Memory of the best English Lop around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bigtears:I'm so sorry. I've been giving Wash some extra loves lately because of all the loss. If you would like me to do a tribute to Herman on my bunny picture website, just let me know.

Herman was always so beautiful and majestic, I'm so sad to see him go.

Between Raphael & Herman, I fell in love with English lops. Their personalities were just SOOO adorable.....and their looks....wow.

I am in shock now....two of my favorite larger bunnies are gone. Raphael I had time to prepare for the loss - Herman - was a shock. I knew over the weekend you'd posted about him - but I kept hoping that he would be ok.

I did as you asked. I went and loved on Tiny and shared a banana with him. I'm so glad I did.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm happy you have Winnie....but that isn't the same as having Winnie AND Herman. I just have no words to say....except...

[align=center]I'm sorry.
[/align]
Peg

Oh Katt...omigod, no...

I'm so sorry...I've just found out about Herman, and this is such an awful shock. Your sweet boy was so beautiful, and I loved whenever you posted pictures or stories of him. He was so endearing, and Herman's presence actually even helped me through the loss of Raph somewhat.

I think we all had a huge part of Herman in our hearts, and now we are all grieving with you. He was such a comical, whimsical clown, and the forum will not be the same without him. I'm really grasping at knowing what to say right now, as the tears and heartache are taking over.

Bless you, sweet Herman...you will be missed tremendously...and you were so deeply loved by Katt, Winnie, and everyone else.

Binky free, sweet boy...

:bigtears:

I am so sorry for you loss Kat. I just got up went into my room and kissed my bunny on the head a few times. I don't believe in Heaven, or The Bridge, but it is a nice thought. My heart goes out to you, and Winnie. Herman was such a character.

~Star~

"My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today."

your words touch me, all of them so deeply.

i broke down last night, more then i had right after his death. it was hard, i knew he was sick, and couldn't help him. i felt like i had failed him. he had been there so many times when i was sad, when i was in pain, that i was feeling like i hadn't been there.

after many tears, a few slapping wake-up calls from my roommate (and i wouldn't tell you how many shots. . .) it hit me: i loved herman, i still do. but there was some other plan for him, and it said that right now, he had done what he needed to do with me. i got a second chance at life with him, hoping for a third would be more then selfish.

many of you know that herman and winnie were rehomed last december. after being gone for a month, herman and winniewere jumped to a handfull of different homes, and ended up at midwest rabbit rescue. thankfully the people at midwest were so willing to work with me on getting them back, as that was all herman and winnie wanted, to be back home now. i can't imagine what winnie would be going through right now if herman and still gotten sick, and still had died, and if they were at the rescue still, like so many bunnies are.

but i wanted to thank everyone for the kind words, for letting me know that you hugged your buns when i (and so many on RO right now) can't.

i wanted to post this quote from a pm that i sent someone on the afterlife comment on made on my original post, as i have had a couple pms about the subject (don't worry mods, all nice pms. . .)

"it has always been hard for me to talk about death with people because i truely don't believe in heaven or hell, i don't know what lies after death, after all, i have never died, but if there is another world after we pass, i can only hope that it fits to whatever you believe (if you believe in heaven, why shouldn't you go there when you die, if you believe that our souls all become bugs after we die, why shouldn't that happen).

years ago, when trixie died, i wanted there to be more, i pleaded with myself that there was more out there then just this life, because she ment soo much to me, and honestly was the only friend i had in many dark times, during many dark years (basically she kept me alive when otherwise, i would have killed myself. . . just telling myself "you do have someone, you have trixie, what would happen to her if you died, who would care for her?"). after trixie left i was lost, and jumped quickly into owning winnie, believing that i could raise her to be like trixie, and find that love again. stupid, i know. but winnie means a lot to me, and possibly if i hadn't jumping into owning her, i would have had that connection to her i did with herman and trixie. herman was beyond something special to me, words cannot amount to what we had. and this time when i lost him, i didn't hope for something more, but instead i simply know that his purpose in life was accomplished, he helped me to survive, he was there when i went to the doctor, when i took my meds, when i got sick from my meds. i know it is self-centered and possibly wrong to think that herman came only into my life to help me, but i know that was part of it. did he leave to soon? yes, i wasn't ready to say good-bye, i wasn't ready to lose that support. but he touched my life, he changed it, so even if there is nothing after death, i know that he died with greatness to him, because he saved me, just like trixie did.

i feel that it is wrong to have people tell me my rabbit is in heaven, waiting for me, because when i die, i don't plan on being in heaven or in hell. i hope that my life will be good enough to me, that if i die and that is it, i can die happy. that in those final moments, i can tell myself that i had a great enough life to not need anymore. it is hard to fallow, i hope i am making a little bit of sense."

even just 24 hours later, winnie and i am moving on, the numb pain is gone, and we are going to be okay. i have flat out refused to cage winnie ever again, maybe because i know how much herman hated it, or maybe because i enjoy her company way to much as she runs freely in the house. my roommate agrees, jessica(my roommate) has been so strong during this, even when i know she wants to break down as well (herman was close to her as well. . . i was mom, but jessica will always be nanna jessie to the buns). we will not be adding another bunny, unless i feel winnie wants a friend. the pain is just to great to add another right now, and at this moment we are doing fine just the 2 of us.

but thank you again, to everyone for everything.

100_1426.jpg

tundrakatiebean wrote:
:bigtears:I'm so sorry. I've been giving Wash some extra loves lately because of all the loss. If you would like me to do a tribute to Herman on my bunny picture website, just let me know.

Herman was always so beautiful and majestic, I'm so sad to see him go.

feel free to do a tribute to herman. . . it would be nice.

use any photos from my blog that you like. . . they are all great photos of my boy!

This really has been a horrible month :(...
Katt words cannot express how sorry I am to read about Herman... I can't imagine how sad you must feel :(
He was such a beautiful boy, I remember the first time I saw photos of him, I had never seen an English Lop and was so taken with not only his appearance but how sweet and playful he was.
I'm going to miss hearing and seeing him, I hope your ok...
Thinking of you,
xox Lara:pink iris:

I'm sorry Katt. I just found this post. I don't normally come into this section because it makes me too sad. When I saw the subject under rainbow bridge i immediately thought of herman and hopped it wasn't him. Herman and Winnie were my first favourite bonded couple on Ro. I always followed their posts. I hope you and Winnie are doing okay.:bigtears:

:sad:I'm gonna go cuddle with my boo now.

I'm so sorry. I'm just seening this now. You were so dedicated to him, I'm so sorry. These recent losses on the forum are so sad, they truly do make me appreciate my bunnies even more.

:bigtears:

I don't often wonder into this section because it's so upsetting. I'm so sorry for your loss. Herman was truly beautiful and will be missed. I too don't believe in heaven/hell/afterlife but I do believe in fate and that everyone and everybun has a purpose in life. From reading your posts it is clear that Hermans purpose was to help you and vice versa. It really is such a shame that he has passed but he had a fantastic and happy life with you. The memories may hurt right now but with time you will remember all the happy times you had with Herman and he will make you smile forever.

Katt,

You are right that Herman had a purpose in your life...and you had one in his...and that is why you were together.

It is so sad to lose someone you love. And I hurt for you - we all do.

My hope is that the precious memories of what you and Herman shared together will carry you through any dark times to come.

Oh, and Gingivere, Emmaline, and Pipkin are grateful that you reminded me to hug and hold them even more. Thanks for inspiring us even when you're hurting.

-Mary Ellen

:angelandbunny:I am so sorry to hear about Herman... He will be missed... I am keeping you in my prayers...

Binky free Herman:rainbow:

:pink iris:Becky

I really am at a loss as what to say without echoing everyone else here. I've been so caught up in my own life here, and I was stunned by this post.

I'm so sorry.

When I asked about advice on the breed, it was after seeing Herman. I've always loved the breed, and he was such a joy to see and "get to know" on this forum.

One of the hardest things about having a beloved pet is losing them and I really, really do feel for you and your family.

You were great giving me information about having Herman and I thank you for that and he'll always be remembered by me and will hold a special place in my heart, as will you, for all of the kindness, beauty, care and consideration shown.

I'm just now seeing this, Katt. I'm so sorry about Herman.

In dealing with my own grief over Cooper, I've missed a lot this week.

Hugs,

Laura

Latest posts

Back