In Memory of the best English Lop around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you all again for your kind words. . .

i too am sorry for you loss laura. . . i am yet to read other peoples rainbow bridge post, right now they hurt to much. . . but with time, i will be posting.

we are getting along. winnie is a doll, and i am thankfull every minute that i have her.

that hardest part is forcing myself to move on with life in the rabbit world. i won't forget herman, but i need to make myself okay again, and have learned to make myself think about rabbits, and think about winnie, not herman. .. the live, not the dead.

in time, it all gets better in time.

katie

Katt, I'm so very sorry. Herman was a beautiful boy, and I was so happy for you when you were able to bring him hom (Winnie too, of course).

You gave him a great home and tons of love, as did Winnie.

(off to give Nibbles some kisses now.)

Katt, I am terribly sorry for your lost of Sweet Herman, I have always loved his bunnytures that you have taken and posted. Since I do not have buns but I have given my dog Samantha hugs and cuddles.

Binkie Free Sweet Herman.

i have been trying to put herman out of my mind. that is simply how i cope with death. but i can't. i try to day and night not think about him, but it is impossible. i look at one of the other buns, and i think "were is my boy at", "what trouble is herman getting into now".

i suppose i should fallow the advise i always give everyone else and let the emotions come.

i finally looked at photos of him last night. i have been carefull to stay away from my photobucket account, the blog i had for him, and all the photos of him around the house were taken down right after he died because i would break down when i saw them.

but i am ready, i am ready to look at them, and cry for remembering just how great of a rabbit he was

i was going to place a ton of my favorite photos of him on here, but there were so many

instead i made a video slidshow of him. . .

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/auth_preview?work_id=3984301

ontruemedia isn't always the easiest to work with, let me know if the link doesn't work

Oh Katt, that was so beautiful.

What a wonderful tribute to do for such a wonderful companion.

Rest in Peace Herman, you were so handsome, and lit up so many of my days, just looking at your pictures. I know you are looking after your Mommy, Winnie and Emma x

Katt, that's a wonderful tribute :in tears:

Herman reminds me of sweet and dearest Raphael. Those big ears. His avatar photo was adorably cute. I offer my shoulder and condolences, Katt. What a wonderful loved life he had with you. May time ease the pain, Hug, Julie

it seems like a lot of people are writing to their long lost bunny-loves. i just had to fallow along.

i miss you my boy, i truely do. i thought that time would heal this pain, this broken heart, but it hasn't. i think of you at least 20 times a day, and miss you ever second i am awake. i wanted you to know that your still there in my lonely mind, in my broken heart.

i wanted you to know that, to know that you still mean the world to me.

pst, hey, wouldn't you love this? momma is going to carry you everywere with her now. as soon as she saves up the money a new tattoo is on the way. wanna peek?

100_2765.jpg

see you there??? with you big ears??? that is trixie next to you, my 2 parts to my heart. right there, so that mamma can look at my hermie anytime, and know that you are there with me all the time trixie too.

i know, it is a bad doodle, but you might remember it from our song, remember? at the end of death cab for cutie's video to "i'll fallow you into the dark".

i found a photo of you the other night that brought a smile to my face

herman_stuck.jpg

how could i forget how you disappeared for hours that night, i was so worried about you, and you managed to get yourself under our bathtub. . . geez herman, you always did know how to have an adventure.

i miss you my boy, i miss you so much what i would pay for one more binki, one more day, one more cuddle, one more nuzzle in the middle of the night. i can't help but think that is i had been feeling better, if i hadn't let myself reach a state of exhaustion i would have been there for you better, that i could have don't something more for you. i just want you back.

i still cry myself to sleep some nights. and i remember those night that you would jump up next to me, nuzzle my cheek and just sit with me in my dark days. you were my rock, and your gone, and i am still lost without you, sometimes it feels like i will always be lost without you.

now that it is winter, and there is snow on the ground, i can't visit your grave, i cannot lay flowers on it, and i cannot go sit there and talk to you, and sit there with you, and i just so badly want you back, and i want thehappiness that i had with you back

i will always love you my boy, always

100_1339.jpg

100_1209.jpg

Katt that was so lovely to read, i had tears in my eyes. I love the tattoo you are going to get.

Susan:angelandbunny:

i was thinking about herman last night, when i came across something i wrote about herman a long while ago. . .

Weeks of anticipation were building to this single moment. All that kept me from him was a 45-minute drive. A thick, white fog had begun to settle, ever so lightly, leaving a hazy mist of unknown that only added to my feelings that this might be the best day of my life. Rolling hills gave out to a small house nestled on a plot of fenced land were, even after dark had settled in, 2 nanny goats roamed eating bits of grass.

They were a quiet family of 3 girls, and the mother. The father was either not in the picture, or simply not home. That information was never discovered. A homey scene of the littlest dipping her finger in a bowl of cookie dough that middle girl had been stirring. The eldest daughter, who opened the door, returned to her mother’s side at the sink and proceeded to finish drying a heavy black skillet.

“well, I suppose I should get him for you” the eldest daughter spoke quietly and hurried into a back room out of sight. There was a tug on my jacket, I glanced down to see the worried look of a six-year old as Gretchen (I later learned her name) in a shaky voice questions if I was really going to take him away. He was her favorite.

Her mother quickly intersected the little girl, who was now almost in tears. “It is okay honey” she soothed, “the lady is going to take care of him, and give him a nice home”. Before the young girl could weep for the loss of a friend the eldest returned with a bundle of grey, fluffy fur in her arms.

“He is absolutely perfect” the excitement in my voice reached new heights and my hands extended towards the puff of grey held closely to the girl’s body. A gentle coo had an oversized ear and whiskered nose popping out to investigate the new person. I knew he was mine.

100_1412.jpg

missing my boy today and forever

Oh Katt you made me tear up.

I miss him too, Katie. He really was a special boy. I remember the day you thought he got out (when he was behind a wall or something) and how scared sick I was all day worrying about your silly boy. He was the only English Lop Ive ever met- he was just so beautiful and friendly. He reminded me so much of Basil.

I hope youre somewhere doing binkies in the sunshine, Herman :bunnyangel:

I loved the story of you getting Herman - he was one of my favorite rabbits on the forum and after reading about him and Raph I seriously considered getting an English lop....in fact, when Tiny passed away, I considered it instead of getting another flemmie...that's how much those two made me think about it...

I'm so sorry he's gone - I imagine it has got to still be hard going through the day without him there....

Thank you for sharing that story - it was really special.

i was going to go to sleep. it is rather late, and i do have to work tomorrow, but as i got ready for bed a random thought popped into my head.

herman's birthday was in feb. and it is now feb 13th.

time has flown, he would have been 4 this year. i can't believe that it has been 2 years since his death.

so i decided to take a few moments to read thru his old blogs and his tribute page.

and now i am sitting here with a pile of tissues bawling my eyes out.

i had what i like to call a 'dark day' on the day of his death. i kinda just had to sit back and think of him, look through his old photos and cuddle winnie awhile.

i still cannot believe how much i miss him. a lot about me and my life has changed in the 2 years since he has been gone. rabbits have come and gone, the same with people in my life. i live in a whole new place, hang out with whole new people, do a whole new job. . . and i get to share not a single bit of this with my little bug.

it just makes life seem so unfair.

i am a firm believer that animals offer the BEST therapy to people that suffer from emotional and metal issues. herman as a great example of this. i am not perfect, i have many flaws and many faults, but he was by my side, nuzzling my arm, and begging for a treat through them all. how can anyone ask for such a gift? and how can such a gift be taken away from me so quickly?

it still hurts to this day, it still feels like i lost this huge part of me that i will never get back.

i think it is hitting me so hard right now because chaucer is so much like him in certain ways. it is like having a little bit of him here with me. and while that should comfort and it often does, sometimes it hurts to see him act a certain way and think "wow, herman would do that"

i have reminders of herman all over my apartment. from photos on the wall, to artwork, to my prized rabbit statue that looks just like him standing guard at my door.

if i could trade years off my life, to have him back, i would. in a heartbeat.

he retaught me trust when i had lost all faith in it, and he taught me that something can love unconditionally when i was faced against a wall of my own mind and lost faith in all the people and things around me. he offered quiet support when i was sick and during all the therapy and such i had to go through. he offered me a clumsy act or goofy look when i needed a smile. a cuddle object at night when things felt so lonely, and most of all he offered me the chance to be apart of his life not once, but twice.

so in honor of herman, and all his greatness he bestowed on the entire world, tomorrow night winnie, chaucer, and toulouse will get a treat of canned pumpkin, to honor what would be herman's 4th birthday (i don't have the exact date, as all his paper work is tucked away at my parents house so i wouldn't get obsessed with it).

and i will do what i put in my first post of herman's death: i will hug my bunnies, i will spoil them, and treat them like royalty because i can't do it for him anymore and remembering all this reminds me that i could lose anyone (not just bunnies) at any time and to cherish the time i have with them.

i suggest to anyone who may fall victim to reading this soppy post to do the same

100_0692.jpg

I know that there have been some awesome EL on this forum (even now there are a few) but Herman is the bunny that made me want an EL. As I said before that the reason I started to give pumpkin was because of the pictures of him eatting it.I still miss him too and I am sure no where near as much as you do.:hug:

Latest posts

Back