In Memory of the best English Lop around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
This is possibly the hardest post i will ever have to make in my life.

after months of battling ear infections and other unknown illnesess, my dear, sweet, herman has passed.

anyone that has read my blog lately that as of yesterday we were having sever problems with herman. it is hard to go into details, but in the past 24 hours he started to get sick again, and what scared me even more was how destructive he became. within the past 24 hours my happy, loving herman turned into a bunny full of rage. he was in pain, and beyond the pain, something just changed in him.

today, this morning, i called into work because i was feeling extremely ill. herman was feeling worse. within hours of me realizing he was ill, he started have seizures and passed away before i could even get him to the vet.

i have decided not to take his body to the vet. . . i just can't bear to have that done. i personaly wouldn't have it done to my body, and therefore can't justify doing it to his. my mom just came and picked him up to bury him at the farmhouse just now.

to my amazment, winnie is fine. she almost seems reliefed that he is gone, which makes me think that he was really sick, and that she knew it.

it just hurts soo much, i can't even breath. it feels like just yesterday he was running around the house begging for a craisin, and bringing a smile to my face, and now he is gone. my herman is gone. my heart, it is broken, and i am not sure it will ever be whole again.

i just can't think, i can't breath. . . i can't coupe with this today, and wait for the pain to dull with time.

please don't offer me prayers, or tell me herman is in heaven waiting for me, because i don't believe in heaven. instead, go to your bunnies, and give them a huge for me, because i can't hug my herman ever again. enjoy them today, in this moment, because time is so fragile and you never know when they will be gone.

outside_bonding_1.jpg

goodbye, my little bug

This is such a bad month. I'm so sorry Katt. I will definately be hugging my bunnies, I've been cuddling them a lot lately with all these unexpected losses.

Herman was always one of my favorite forum bunnies, and I'll miss seeing his pics and stories. Binky free, Herman.

:pink iris:

Oh Katt...my heart is with you...we all loved Herman so much and we're here for you.

My girls will indeed get extra cuddles today...

:sad:

No no no nono ... :tears2:

I know exactly how you are feeling Katt, I'm feeling it myself,there are no words, I am so sorry. :big kiss:

~~~~

Everyone, like Katt said, please make the most of your bunnies when you have a chance, far far far too many of us have had bunnies leave too soon of late. :(

I am crying as I post this. I can not deal with this one. My heart hurts right now so I can only imagen what you are going through Katt. I wish I could hug you. Bless you for loving him so.

We choose them sometimes they choose us and other times they are given to us.

We bring them home and suddenly learn there is so much more.

We love them and care for them.

We feed them and play with them.

We watch them grow and marvel at the change.

We laugh and enjoy there every move.

We sometimes get annoyed at some of what they do, than they look at us and it is all ok.

We do our best to keep them safe and it is not enough.

We sometimes make the choice for how there life ends and sometimes they choose it.

We love them will all our hearts in the end they know this and that is best of all. They go to the bridge loved when so many others have never known love. They go knowing some day we will see them again and their hearts as well as ours will be whole.

RIP Biig Guy you will be missed.

No no no no, not again! I can't handle any more losses.:bigtears:

Katt - my heart goes out to you, I know what you are going through -I am missing Ruby so much right now.:( This is just so unfair.:cry4:

Binkie free Herman. :bunnyangel:

I also want to reiterate what Katt said - make the most of your bunnies. Tell them you love them, hug them, kiss them and spend as much time as possible with them. You never know when they might have to leave.:bigtears:

[align=center]:bigtears:[/align]
[align=center]Not Herman. Man I loved Herman. He was so gorgeous... I'm really sorry Katt:cry4:I'm glad you were home with him.[/align]
[align=center]This is simply an awful month...:([/align]

thank you all for your words, they help so much.

herman was more then just a rabbit to me, he was the one thing i allowed to get that close to my heart since trixie died. i am going though so much right now with my anxiety problems, that at the end of the day, herman was my reliefe, he was my shoulder to lean on and and night he would sleep next to me and i would know that everything would be better then next day, and now he is gone.

i am only thankfull i have winnie, my little girl will give me enough strength to pull thru this and herman will always be a shining example of unconditional love in my mind

I don't have a heaven or hell either, no belief in one, so I can understand that totally.

I'm so sorry for the loss of Herman. He really did look like the best english lop around.

:tears2:

I am really sorry about Herman. He was one of my favorite bunnies here on RO.

This month with all the buns passing away and getting sick has taught me something, rabbits can get sick at any time without any notice. Everyone should hug or pet or kiss their bunnies (and other pets) everyday because something can instantly happen without a warning.

I'm sorry Katt. Herman had the best life a bunny could ever have with you.:sad:

Megan

Oh my gosh! I can't believe this!! I'm so sorry hun. I'm so glad you were home with him. He was always on of those special buns that I enjoyed seeing and hearing about. Hugs to you and Winnie.

Im so sorry Katt. I cant even imagine what you are going through. Were here for you.

My bunnies will be getting lots of extra cuddles.

Rest in Peace Herman, you were such a great bunny :rose:

Oh Katt, my heart is breaking for you. I know how much you loved him and I know how much he loved you. I remember how happy he was when he was returned to you that day- he was so happy to be with his mommy again.

I always felt like he (and Winnie) were meant to be with you. You were always wonderful to him and Im sure he knew every day how much you loved him.

Herman was one of my favorites. I loved him from the minute I met him. I cant believe he's gone.

We all loved you so much, Herman. Rest in peace sweet boy.

katt, i'm so sorry. i hope you are alright soon. i'm truly truly sorry for your loss, and i will go give nemo the biggest hug ever after i post this.

binky free, herman. :rainbow::in tears:

Oh no, I am so, so sorry. Herman was one of my favorite bunnies on here, I loved looking at pictures of him and reading stories about him. I feel awful, I know you are hurting so much and there isn't much to say that can help that, but you are in my thoughts. I hope you can take comfort in Winnie. I'm going to hug my bunnies, like you said...Binky free Herman :(

Latest posts

Back