I want this bunny!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipp, the sponsoring is a great idea! Also, a woman at the Fairbanks shelter is interested in starting up a rabbit rescue since the closest one is 6 hours away! Once I get back in town I want to see what I can do to help out with that. I might not have the space to foster any bunnies, but maybe I can help find them loving and appropriate homes. I'll need to contact some people in bunny rescues and see what ideas they have for finding homes and making contacts with potential adopters.

I see what you mean about shelters not being able to hold animals because if they hold one for someone and that person ends up not wanting it after all, time that could have been spent placing that pet in another home is wasted, as is the space that pet is occupying in the shelter. When I saw Rory's picture on Petfinder, I knew he was my boy and we got to the shelter as soon as we could the next day. They placed him in my arms and it took me about half a second to decide he was mine. We played with him for a few minutes in the "meeting pen" (during which he just sat on my lap or on the floor next to me, wherever I put him, because the poor thing was so scared) for good measure.

I thought maybe people would like to see a few pictures of the little one from tonight. As you can see, I built her a little mini cage. After I took the pictures, I had to replace the towel with paper towels because she was wanting to eat it!

Tallulah3.jpg

Kisses for her moosey the first time they met! Don't worry, I'll be keeping an eye on her in case she tries to eat that, too...
Tallulah2.jpg

Tallulah.jpg

Wet face and chest after enjoying her bowl of water a little too much. Note the little bunny sneer:
Tallulah4.jpg

OMG she is so stinkin' cute!!!!! Would you just get her home so I can find her permanent home and bunnynap her from there?!?!!

I LOVE the one-up, one-down ear thing she's got going on. Our Stewart's ears were like that for almost his first entire year of life. I remember being a bit disappointed when they both fully "lopped." The 1/2 and 1/2 look is adorable.

Tallulah is a cool name. If I had a bun with that name I think she'd probably end up with "Lula" or "Lulu" as a nick name. Thanks for posting the pics. She's a lovely litle girl. Here's hoping Rory falls in love, too.

~Mary Ellen

Latest posts

Back