I want this bunny!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Hi guys! I just looked on Petfinder and there's a beautiful baby girl bunny at the shelter Rory came from! She looks just like Rory only black spots, even with the same ears that go up or down. And she's his age, too. She's the same breed as him and they described his temperament pretty much the same. And she was abandoned just in time for Christmas and it says she's scared :cry4: She's been spayed already, too (came from Petco and they spay their buns first). I want her so badly! Here she is:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9933243

I'm sitting here all teared up over her. Doesn't she look like she needs a mommy and a Rory and a home to love her forever?

Aww.......they don't do a very good job of describing Jaime! She needs a loving home for Christmas!

I really wish I could get this sweet girl, but now is not the time. I'm heading out of town tomorrow and won't be back until the middle of January. Not like the shelter would be open tomorrow anyway since it's Christmas! I really doubt she's still there when I get back in January, but if she is, I may need to work on Paul a bit. I'm sure we could fit another bunny cage in our apartment if we just moved things around or put her cage right in the middle of the kitchen or something. I feel kind of bad though because Paul didn't even want to get Rory because we're pressed for space! He agreed we could get another bunny when we move or when our sweet girl ratties pass on (which hopefully won't be for at least another year and a half).

I'm worried she'll be "adopted" by someone horrible who will feed her to something or eat her. The adoption fee for bunnies at that shelter is only $5 and they don't ask ANY questions. Also, the bunnies are usually only there for a couple days, which is odd considering how long bunnies are at other shelters. I don't want her to be eaten!

AHHH!!!! I was just talking to Paul, and HE WANTS HER TOO!!! I'm crying! He said it was fine with him if we get her! I didn't even ask if we could, he just said he hopes she's still there when we get back so we can go get her!

:party:

I hope she's still there!! Paul is getting back on the 31st so he could always go adopt her by himself and build a little cage for her! I wonder if they would hold her for us until then...

Edited to add: I just e-mailed the shelter and asked if they could hold her for us until January 2nd (since they probably aren't open on the 1st). I told them how loved she would be and what a good home she would have and that we would make an extra donation to cover her care until the 2nd. Let's hope they get back to me and say she's still there and that it's okay!

I'm such a dork! I was blathering on about her to Paul and forgot to send him the link to her picture and info on Petfinder! He just asked me for it. He's such a good guy, he hadn't even seen her and is ready to go adopt her himself on the 2nd.

Also, is there any way to make sure a rabbit has been spayed? Petco spays their bunnies, but who knows if she was really spayed. Rory was neutered November 2nd so at least we don't need to worry about babies!

Oh Shiloh! i am sooo excited and nervous!:pullhair:I hope they will hold her for you guys. Paul is AWESOME! Life can't always be predicted and we just have to go with the flow.

Let us know when you get word! :bunny18

Paul is such a good guy! I'm pretty sure that today was the first day the bunny was on Petfinder, so hopefully no one snatched her up yet. I really hope they will hold her for us! I get the feeling they will, why wouldn't they? Especially since we'll make a donation and I know they need money. She looks and sounds like such a sweetheart, I can't wait to meet her. I'm sure a good diet will help her lose her excess (undoubtedly cuddly) weight and while both my bunnies came to me litter trained, I don't think training her will be a huge deal. I'm just so surprised and filled with happiness that we will most likely be getting her now and not have to wait a year or more to get a bunny that wouldn't be her! Just like Rory, this bunny's picture was screaming "please come get me!"

For some reason, the name EMMA just completely jumped out at me as the perfect name for her. I was trying to think why that would be, and couldn't remember if anyone here has a bunny named Emma... I did a search and, indeed, Katt was fostering (I believe) a lop with black spots named Emma! So, I guess that name's out, since the only reason I associated the name with her is that there was another bunny that looks like her with the name. I most likely won't keep her name as Jaime, but I'm not sure if Tabitha (which I had picked out) is right either as I imagined it for a straight eared bunny. Since I found out about her on Christmas, a Christmas name would be cute! Got any Christmas names? There's always Noelle or Chrissy, what else? It doesn't have to be a people name either, just something Christmassy or at least wintry.

Aww i really hope you do get her....she is so pretty :)

Phew! The bunny is still on Petfinder as of right now, so at least that's a good sign. Rory's page was still up for nearly a week after we brought him home though, so hopefully she's still there. I haven't heard back from the shelter yet, but it is Christmas so I'd be surprised if they did get back to me already. Tomorrow I'm going to be spending the entire day on an airplane and will really be chompin' at the bit to check my e-mail when I arrive in Louisiana! I thought about sweet baby girl bunny all night (I call Rory sweet baby boy a lot of the time) and am just tickled.

I'm going to buy a bunch of NIC panels when I'm down south (they're hard to find up here) and am making the plans to build them a nice big cage! After Paul goes to adopt her, baby girl bunny is going to stay in Rory's cage and Rory is going to have the whole kitchen to himself with the entrance blocked off. He's great with the litter box so it should go fine. Then when I return with the panels, I'm going to build the big cage and move Rory into it. Hopefully a couple months from it, the two cuties will be in the big cage together! They will look so cute together. I hope they like each other!

As for names, I suggested Tinsel but Paul doesn't like it. He prefers people names. With Rory, I just told him we were naming him Rhiordan and calling him Rory because I knew he probably wouldn't care for the name if I asked, I've wanted to name my bunny that for the better part of a decade and Rory is about 80 percent my bunny and 20 percent his :biggrin2: So I'm going to keep trying to think of Christmas names but for normal people names, I have Tabitha (Tabbie) or Annabelle (Paul really wants to be able to call a bunny "Bunanna" lol), I also like Larken, Shealyn and Delilah.

So, that is the update for now! I wish I could print out her picture to admire on the long flight tonight (leaving the house at 11 pm and arriving at 10 pm tomorrow). I'm going to miss my little Rory so much! But hopefully I'll have two bun buns to come home to in January :bunnydance:

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I'm such a dork! I was blathering on about her to Paul and forgot to send him the link to her picture and info on Petfinder! He just asked me for it. He's such a good guy, he hadn't even seen her and is ready to go adopt her himself on the 2nd.

Also, is there any way to make sure a rabbit has been spayed? Petco spays their bunnies, but who knows if she was really spayed. Rory was neutered November 2nd so at least we don't need to worry about babies!

Hello,

I've recently run into trouble with Petco and their "policy" of making sure all of their bunnies are spayed and/or neutered. I adopted a female bunny from a local Petco store, and I really wanted to make sure she was spayed. I took her to a rabbit savvy vet, where they shaved her belly to look for a scar. I think that is the common way to tell if a female is spayed. I also think they could do an ultra sound or xray, but those could be pricey. Turns out, my girl wasn’t spayed!

So, I think it’s a great idea to take her to a rabbit savvy vet to make sure she’s spayed. Sometimes you might even be able to feel around her belly for a scar, especially since she’s so young. However, I think that can be hard to determine as well.

I hope you can adopt her. She’ll have a good home with you and Paul!

Good luck,

Kathy

Evey, I knew someone on here recently had that happen to them! I agree, I'll feel around for a scar and take her to visit the vet. I figure a well bunny check up would be a good thing anyway.

Shiloh, can you believe it? Not to long ago we were talking about you getting your first and me my second bun but thought it wasn't going to happen for a while. Now I look at Thumps and Peaches (who are very lovey dovey right now by the way) and I just can't stop smiling thinking about how they were living their lives before coming home. :biggrin2:

I truly hope that this works out and she is there when Paul goes to get her. I'll be praying for you. :hug:

Oh, by the way, I wish you a very safe and smooth flight.

Evey wrote:
SnowyShiloh wrote:

Hello,

I've recently run into trouble with Petco and their "policy" of making sure all of their bunnies are spayed and/or neutered. I adopted a female bunny from a local Petco store, and I really wanted to make sure she was spayed. I took her to a rabbit savvy vet, where they shaved her belly to look for a scar. I think that is the common way to tell if a female is spayed. I also think they could do an ultra sound or xray, but those could be pricey. Turns out, my girl wasn’t spayed!

So, I think it’s a great idea to take her to a rabbit savvy vet to make sure she’s spayed. Sometimes you might even be able to feel around her belly for a scar, especially since she’s so young. However, I think that can be hard to determine as well.

Good luck,

Kathy

See? This is why you are a wonderful animal caretaker:hug:. Not saying everyone else on here isn't, but that right there just goes to show how youshould always have your adopted animal checked by a vet, and a savvy one for your breed;).

Good goin, Evey!

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Evey wrote:
SnowyShiloh wrote:

Hello,

Good luck,

Kathy

See? This is why you are a wonderful animal caretaker:hug:. Not saying everyone else on here isn't, but that right there just goes to show how youshould always have your adopted animal checked by a vet, and a savvy one for your breed;).

Good goin, Evey!
aww, thanks! :D

She is so cute. I hope get her.

Macey told me to tell you though she still needs me to tell her how much you love her, so make sure she still gets attention. ;)

Latest posts

Back