I just have to brag about my BIG baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKGS

Reaction score
Tony... where do I begin?

This gentle giant has become much more than a handful. Lol. He's soooo big and has a heart to match!

I just got through cleaning his cage and changing his litter and he got out for some floor time while I cleaned. Talk about jumping! This big guy can binky like no other, although a bit clumsy. Lol. Those huge back feet seem to trip him up.

He has also learned this new vertical jump where he just stands perfectly still and suddenly vaults straight into the air and back down in the same exact spot. It is amazing and at the same time hilarious to watch.

He jumps on things now- furniture, tables, boxes....etc. He has become more and more noisy. When I bring bags in he puts his head in the bags I guess to see if he got anything. He is becoming as bad as the kids. Lol.

His true loves in life are food and being loved on. When I am petting him he melts-literally. He will gradually begin sliding down if he is standing until he's a big heap at my feet, eyes closed and slow breathing, totally relaxed. I love this.

I don't think there is a nicer bun anywhere. He is a total mush and we all adore him.

Awww he sounds so adorable! Do you have any photos to accompany your post? :D I love looking at pictures of Tony. My guys do the same thing with the grocery bags, they especially make a beeline for the bag with the BANANAS! How old is Tony now?

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

He was on the other side of his cage in this pic and seemed to be saying "Peekaboo".

I didn't realize he was still so young....wow. My boys are a bit older and Hermes is a spoiled brat - but not overly affectionate and Mercury wants you to sit and pet him for half an hour at a time.

Trust me...the fun will continue to go on...

Aww! He's so pretty. Black buns looks so elegant :)

Both my buns do the "straight up in the air" jump too. I still consider it a binky. It's so cute. It's like they are so happy that they don't know what to do, and they just burst!

Thanks Fran. I love his ears. I could sit and stroke them forever. And they are so expressive.

Peg, The vet said he is big for his age. Do you think this means he will be huge as an adult or maybe he just hit a growth spurt? He has done alot of growing the past 2 weeks.

How big is he now? I mean - weight wise?

Is your vet familiar with the flemish giant breed?

I need to weigh my flemish...but let me give you a picture of a 4 1/2 month old flemmie doe stretched out on the floor (1' square tiles)..

100_1280-1.jpg

My girls are supposed to be show quality...

I don't yet have the pedigree and am waiting for Jack to mail them to me - but he got called out of town for work (he held my check for a week for their payment - so I didn't mind him waiting on sending the peds). So - I'm not 100% sure of their age but I was thinking he said they were about 4 months old when I got them....although Sophia looks a bit older and more developed than Athena (to me)..

Yes - I would guess he's probably going to be big...I think my girls are about 11 or so pounds now - I have yet to weigh them.

Latest posts

Back