I have exciting news...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok some little things what your doing with Em GREAT! I work with a lady who had alittle girl recently and has an 8 year old girl already and my god daughter is 10 and my best friend just had alittle boy. They both did what you did and things are going smooth.

When it comes to the new things working at Target I learn alot about those products from moms coming in. So feel free to ask.

I like Issac, Shawn, and Patrick.

if you plan on breast feeding a good book to get is "so thats what they are for" A guide to breast feeding, it is a good book to have to reference to.

That is so awesome!! I am so excited for you and your family!! How old is your daughter? Our kids are going to be pretty far apart in age. We have an almost 3 year old (b-day next month) and then we want another one so bad but we can't afford 2 in daycare right now. We will have to wait until our son starts school, unless we win the lotto or come into some big money. lol

Not a whole lotta news to add to this, except that I HAVE a list of (boy) baby names, but neglected to bring them with me. Sheesh...I'm not even pregnant yet (that I know of), and am already forgetful!! Of course, this is just something that's ME...I grew up with the name Forgetful Jones. LOL!

Anyway, one name I remember, and the one Danny is REALLY partial to...Isaac. I'm not totally sure how I feel about it just yet. I kinda wanted to steer clear of Biblical names, but not for any reason other than the fact that my entire family (close and extended) has always really focused on using ONLY Biblical names. I'm more leaning toward Irish or simple American names.

We DID get pretty interested in the name Curtis, but you should've heard my dad's reaction to THAT one!! Lol...not something I can repeat here, but needless to say, he didn't like it ONE BIT, and he had such a strong reaction, I couldn't possibly rationalize naming the poor kid that now. LOL!

We're also toying with the name Craig. (And, though we are really big fans of Craig Ferguson, and he DID make us think of the name, it wouldn't be that he would be named after him.) We think it's a nice, masculine, strong name. :)

We're also really partial to Patrick. (Think: Patrick William...has a nice ring to it! And it seems a nice, honest, strong name.) :)

Ugh...thank goodness we have plenty of time to decide!! :D

I keep having dreams, too, and wake to realize I've been dreaming about picking out cribs and changing tables, and strollers and carriers. LOL! And in every dream, we're expecting a boy. I don't know if it's prophetic (worth considering, as I tend to have prophetic dreams), but we'll see!!

That's about it for now...until I remember to bring my boy's names list with me. What a goof!

Hugs all around!

Rosie*

Edited to add: I suppose it's an indicator of which names are our favorites, given that those are the ones from the twenty or so list we have that I remembered. :)

I don't know if you know them, but the band, The Fray, the lead singer is named Issac.

just wanted to throw that out there, lol.

I love the name Isaac. My best friends dads called Craig Ferguson and his son is Isaac haha. Patrick is also a really nice name to.

Oh my goodness...look what I just found...

Imagine being surrounded by this as a baby!

bunnymotif.jpg

Not a whole lot of news on this lately...

Aside from the fact that we've decided against both Isaac & Patrick (Danny didn't really like Patrick, I didn't really like Isaac). We added a few names...let me put what I remember:

Tristan
Kyle
Lucas/Luke
Danny likes Wyatt (though I'm not totally sure)
Ryan
Charles
James (which, coincidentally, is both Danny's middle name, and his grandpa's name...which is who he got it from)

We could be expecting at this point, but I won't know for a couple/few weeks. Let's hope so!!! :D

Tristan is sweet... perhaps heralding a future of dramatic love scenes :biggrin2:
I like Craig Ferguson too! What a great name.

Also, love the name James, cause then you can call him Jim, Jimmy...
Love "Jim"... and Charles = "Charlie" (awww!)

My brother's name is Dawson, named for Dawson City, Yukon...
Apparently, my name was supposed to be Clayton...

I bet this is more fun than naming a bunny:D. So glad to hear things are going well!

I'm probably opening a can of worms here, but you should check out etsy.com for baby stuff. Everything is handmade or vintage and you can find a bunch of REALLY cool stuff or even request that something be made for you. :D

This is one of my favorite sellers, she's from Norway and she make the CUTEST baby shoes ever: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5062323

And if you just go through the catagories for babies I'm sure you'll find a lot of stuff you'll like

I looked up some bunny stuff real fast and here are my favorites, these were all on the first 2 pages out of 15 or so.

Blue and brown bunny blanket, bib, and burp cloth: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_21&listing_id=17732770

Organic Bunny Onesie: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_21&listing_id=16516746

Set of two onesies saying "I'm new Here" "Hello world" and "Help, I'm hungry...": http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_21&listing_id=12697430

Embroidered onesie that says "Some bunny loves you": http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_4&listing_id=19317113

I'm kind of addicted to etsy, you'll have to forgive my insanity :p

*DIES for that baby room set*

If I had the money now, I would buy it all for later when we have a kid!

I love the name Wyatt for a boy! We have a lady at work who named her son Wyatt. She also has another son named "Hayden".

I also love the name Tristan.

OMG I have just seen this thread, Rosie I think thats really great! And you've thought of everything!!! I bet Emily is really excited, how old is she now?

Good Luck - :)

Hehe...thanks, guys!

I just love that baby set...once I saw it, I knew that was the one for us!

So...we've FINALLY made a final decision on a boy name...

Isaac William.

We decided on that one, because Em looked it up, and it means "laughter"...which is something we have so much of in our household. And...I like the sound...especially since knowing what it means. :)

So, Katie Elizabeth for a girl, and Isaac William for a boy. :D

I'm so excited!!

maherwoman wrote:
Hehe...thanks, guys!

I just love that baby set...once I saw it, I knew that was the one for us!

So...we've FINALLY made a final decision on a boy name...

Isaac William.

We decided on that one, because Em looked it up, and it means "laughter"...which is something we have so much of in our household. And...I like the sound...especially since knowing what it means. :)

So, Katie Elizabeth for a girl, and Isaac William for a boy. :D

I'm so excited!!
Such beautiful names :shock:

Thank you! :)

To answer your question...Em is eight currently, but will be turning nine in a couple weeks. :)

So, by the time we have a baby, she'll probably be ten. :)

Okay...updates!

We took a trip to Babies R Us the other day (actually the last time I was online), and decided on a few things.

We decided on this stroller. We figured the colors were fairly gender neutral (not to mention, I like plaid). We checked out about what felt like a hundred different strollers, and that one was truly the best. I love that it includes an infant carseat...which is something that I didn't get to get all at once last time around (had the carseat before the stroller, and they just so happened to fit together, lol). The stroller seat (when he grows out of the carrier) reclines into four positions, it has plenty of drink holders (including one that's shaped to hold either a round cup or a juice box), it even has a container to hold diapers and wipes by the front handlebars! And it folds down so easily...oh man, I'm gonna be so spoiled!

We decided we liked this crib the best. The front side goes down (which, surprisingly few do), and Danny was actually drawn to it first, and I quickly followed. It's even more beautiful in person! Not to mention, it's convertable, which means that he'll be able to use it as a toddler bed, and later on a twin-size bed (and I think it'll even convert, with extra pieces from the manufacturer, to a full-size bed).

I used this swing when Em was a baby, and LOVED IT! So I knew what I'd be looking for this time around. Oh MAN, have they improved on it! When Em was a baby, it had hardly any padding, so I had to add my own. Well, now, not only do they have LOADS of WONDERFUL padding, they also have it covered with an oh-so-dreamy fabric. Oh man, is this baby gonna be spoiled!! :)

Danny really really liked this bedding set, and I can't say I blame him! It's ADORABLE! The picture on their site really doesn't do it justice. Obviously, if we have a girl, the bedding set will change to be something more feminine (and I have something in mind already), but for a boy, we thought this was really adorable.

As far as the bunny bedding I'd posted before, the colors in person are really not so great...the bunnies are a pea soup color...and I'm not a big fan of green, so that just wouldn't do. :( BUT...we did find the puppy bedding set that's above, and it's a ten piece set (even has a lamp and mobile) for about $80, which I thought TOTALLY wonderful (and it's a LOT cheaper than the bunny set). We're also going to collect things like that a la carte (piece by piece from places like Target) to fill in anything that the set doesn't include (though that isn't a whole lot...the set is wonderful!).

BUT...not to worry...this kid's gonna have LOADS of bunnies surrounding him!! :D Oh, hehe...literally, even! LOL...

I told my dad that we REALLY wanted to name the baby (if a boy) Isaac William, and he wasn't totally hot about the idea...but conceded that it did sound nice, and that if we liked it that much, go for it. :) So, that's final! :)

I know it seems really silly to have so much planned out so far in advance...but it's something that really helps me be able to relax about having another baby. And right now, in trying to conceive (and even quite probably currently being pregnant), relaxing is really the best thing. We walked all around, checked out some things, and I'm really happy that the biggest things, the things I thought would be really difficult to figure out and decide on, we've already got decided and in the plan.

And then, given that the store had an attached Toys R Us, we couldn't resist letting Em have some fun in the toy sections. :D

Oh my...this is gonna be so much fun!!!

:bunnydance:

Well, guys...it looks as if we might have accomplished our goal...

A few weeks ago, I started to feel some movement right where a baby would be...but at first didn't want to put much thought into it, as I'd been still getting my periods as usual. BUT...then I got kicked in the hand by something that felt quite solid...so I've been doing research since then, and it turns out that it's not all that uncommon for women to have their period during pregnancy! Some women even had them as far along as seven months...some during the entirety of their pregnancy!

Tomorrow evening, we're going to go get a blood test to tell for sure...but I'm quite sure I'm pregnant, and given that I've been feeling kicking for about a month, that would mean that I'm at least four months along! Which would mean that I got pregnant sometime in November...BEFORE Danny and I even talked about having another! Makes me really glad we both decided to go for it! :shock:

So, though this time is really sad for us both, and we're going through so much sadness and loss...we've also quite probably got something to celebrate! And, given that Danny and I are quite sure that I had at least one or two periods while I was pregnant with Em (she was 9lbs 14oz, and her eyes were open and she was totally alert and aware from the moment she was born...that, combined with her being incredibly early in various developmental things, made me think of it), it's not all that unprobable for it to happen to me again.

If the test tomorrow says positive, I think the doctor will have a difficult time figuring out my due date. And, given that my body was just fine and more than happy to carry Em for 10 or 11 months, I think the doctor will probably go by size and general development to figure out when to induce labor.

So, there ya go...the big news. Given that I'm craving milk (which I HATE) and cake (this from a woman with little to no sweet tooth) in a HUGE WAY, and am having a LARGE aversion to salt (which is something I LOVE), I'm quite sure it'll be a positive on that test tomorrow! Good thing I've been taking prenatals for a few months now! (I was taking them just in case, and to be sure I had the right levels of vitamins and such ahead of time.)

In the midst of such sadness...we have happy news. :)

Latest posts

Back