I have exciting news...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jordiwes wrote:
Yeek! So exciting! What TIME do we get the news? :waiting:
:yeahthat:!!!!!

I hope you get the news you want!

On a note about the "movements" - sometimes colon spasms can feel just like a kick.

Rosie, do you know yet? Spill the beans, lady! Are you going to a doctor for a blood test or peeing on a stick? I know you said blood test, but I'm just making sure. For some reason I thought you took a pregnancy test back in January and it was negative, but maybe you just got your period and figured you weren't pregnant? We had a pregnancy scare a month ago, it was so weird. I've taken multiple tests though and something should definitely have shown up by now if I was!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Rosie, do you know yet? Spill the beans, lady! Are you going to a doctor for a blood test or peeing on a stick? I know you said blood test, but I'm just making sure. For some reason I thought you took a pregnancy test back in January and it was negative, but maybe you just got your period and figured you weren't pregnant? We had a pregnancy scare a month ago, it was so weird. I've taken multiple tests though and something should definitely have shown up by now if I was!
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

WELL, FIND OUT....WE WANT TO KNOW :biggrin2:!!!

Rosie, do you know yet? Not to be obnoxious or rush you since I'm sure you have other things to do, but POKE POKE POKE.

LOL!! You guys crack me up!!

I've taken two pee-stick tests, both negative. And one urine test last night (also negative). BUT...urine tests will say negative when you're someone that has period during your pregnancy (which I've a history of, so even more probable for me).

They took a tube of blood to do a pregnancy blood test...but I won't know the results for, she said, at least a week! UGH!! Here's hoping that for some reason, my test flies through, and I get the results in DAYS instead of a WEEK. :D

:pleaseplease:

Given how many things are occurring that indicate that I'm pregnant, I'm almost at the point of just planning and starting to purchase things, lol. ESPECIALLY given that if I'm as far along as I suspect, I'm only going to have four or five months to plan and purchase things for him/her! UGH!!

As far as names...I made more decisions. I swear, I've been all over the place with names. Right now, here's what we've decided:

Boy: Isaac Daniel (Daniel is Danny's dad's middle name, and Danny's INSISTING on Isaac, lol)
Girl: Anne Elizabeth (Elizabeth Ann being Danny's late mom's name, and I'm a big fan of Anne of Green Gables)

It was so cute...Danny had a horrible case of the hiccups last night. It went from the moment he got home until the moment we were done at the clinic. And when we got home, we were getting ready for bed, laying down, and he said, "Hunny?" And I said, "Huh?" And Danny whispered, "I'm really excited!!" Hehe...it was so adorable. It's really neat seeing him so excited...and he's SO insistent that we're having a boy, lol!!

Ugh...A WEEK!!! :grumpy:

Aw, sorry the tests were negative! Hopefully the blood test will say something different. A week, seriously?! That's such a long time! What did the doctor say? I love Isaac Daniel and Anne Elizabeth. Would you call her Anne or Annie? Both are very sweet. It seems like everyone's been having boys lately so maybe you will too!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Aw, sorry the tests were negative! Hopefully the blood test will say something different. A week, seriously?! That's such a long time! What did the doctor say? I love Isaac Daniel and Anne Elizabeth. Would you call her Anne or Annie? Both are very sweet. It seems like everyone's been having boys lately so maybe you will too!
Ya know...I'm not sure whether I'll call her Anne or Annie. I suspect both, really. I'll only know once she's born.

Danny and I were laughing the other day, because he said that the baby will probably have these big ol' ears of his, hehe! I just love Danny's ears...

I wonder if he/she will have green eyes like his, or brown like mine, or hazel (since hazel brown/green eyes run in my family).

I didn't actually visit a doctor...just a clinic that does the tests. But the nurse I spoke with sat down with me and said, "So...the urine test was negative..." And I said, "Yeah, I expected that." She gave me the funniest look! And then I told her I have a history of having periods during pregnancy, and that's why I wanted the blood test, and she nodded, understanding then. LOL. She must've thought I was crazy for that brief moment! LOL!!

So exciting...:)

Rosie, not to be a bummer, but seriously, TRY not to get your hopes up. I hate to see you get let down. If I am wrong, you can celebrate and tell me how wrong I am.....

If you were that far along, you would have positive tests regardless of your period - the tests measure hCG and that has nothing to do with the lack or presence of your period. It is the hormone that is produced from a growing fetus. Even with miscarriage, there is still enough hCG in the body for a time to give you positive urine tests.

Unless you were JUST now pregnant (like 2 weeks) I would assume it's correct.

Yeah, I'd try not to get too excited either, I agree with what Pennie said.

When the pee-on-a stick kinds come up with so many negatives, it's normally a pretty good sign you're not pregnant - or you're only a week or so along.

That's insane to have to wait that long for a blood test! When I was having them done last time I had a miscarriage, I had them done every 3 days to check on my HCG levels, to see that they were indeed going down and I was miscarrying. I'd test in the morning and the nurse would call me that afternoon.

Are you not having any other signs? Larger, tender breats? Weight gain? Belly expanding? Skin colour changes? Nothing?

I really hope you are though as I know that dispointed feeling when you find out you aren't.

Don't ectopic pregnancies give negative pee-on-the-stick kind of pregnancy tests? Ectopic (tubal) pregnancies are when the fertilized egg doesn't make it all the way to the uterus. It basically implants in the fallopian tube and is normally miscarried, or if that doesn't happen, the pregnancy needs to be ended. :( There have only been less than a half-dozen of cases where the mother carried the child long enough to have it live outside the womb. There were two cases last year... They are both mentioned in an article the following paragraphs.

My sister had an ectopic pregnancy with her first baby and obviously lost the embryo. They didn't catch the pregnancy from the pee tests. She had to get a blood test done. She was also bleeding like she was having her period.

Here is an article about ectopic (tubal) pregnancies, for those of you who don't know what they are.

I'm not trying to be a dark little raincloud, but I am just sharing my random bits of information...

On a side note, the coolest word EVER has to be oocyte! It is pronounced oo-oo-site and is the "medical term" for a human egg cell. I just had to share because it just sounds too cool to pass up!

Yes, eptopic could very well be negative, and I thought of thatbut if she was past her 1st trimester, she'd have already had to go in for a rupture from it. (Thinking of the "kicking" time frame)

Most people don't feel the first movements until about 14 or 15 weeks and that is the movement..... not really kicks.

Awe thats good news you want to make Em a big sister.
Yeah, those pee-on-the-stick things don't help much, my aunt -for fun- kept taking one every month while she was pregnant, and the last one she took right before my cousins were born and it said negative. . .
Well, good luck =)

maherwoman wrote:
Girl: Anne Elizabeth (Elizabeth Ann being Danny's late mom's name, and I'm a big fan of Anne of Green Gables)

I'm Elizabeth Anni. :)

My middle name is my German grandmother's first name, and is pronounced "ahh-nee." I used to really hate it, I know TONS of people whose middle name is Anne or Ann or Annie, and I was the odd one out. Now I like that it's different.

Latest posts

Back