I have BIG news!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm thinking that company that makes the place cards may be kind of expensive, but I just had the idea that if I could get a template somehow, we could take it to the local printer that Steve uses for his business and get them to print them all... Would be much cheaper....

Now to find a bunny template that would fit over a glass lol! :huh

what a great idea! im sure the company can die cut rabbit shapes. they'd make great name cards imho. i think if i was marrying again i'd have a ring of flowers on our table with gold bunnies woven into it chasing each other. hmm, will bear this in mind for future renewal of vows - have to wait for 7 years tho as im going to combine it with me 50th..

im guessing the groom isnt running round like the proverbial headless chicken either;)

Saudade wrote:
You should totally have two little plastic buns on top of your cake instead of bride and groom!
My mum had mice on the top of their cake. They still have the little thing. It's so cute! Their piece is similar to this one. They were both made by Wee Forest Folk.

I was just thinking- now I'm not a crafty person at all, but if I were to find some beads, get some bobby pins (have loads at home already) and get some jewellery wire, it wouldn't be that hard to make my own, right? Maybe a little fiddly, but I could do it, right?

*runs off to Google for silver beads*

Not really wedding attire, but these guys are cute. :)

MU-3Renoir%20Rabbits.jpg

http://www.deckerscollectibles.com/pages/gallery.asp?id=21

mouse_chalk wrote:
I was just thinking- now I'm not a crafty person at all, but if I were to find some beads, get some bobby pins (have loads at home already) and get some jewellery wire, it wouldn't be that hard to make my own, right? Maybe a little fiddly, but I could do it, right?

*runs off to Google for silver beads*

You might want to buy ballet pins instead of kirby grips. You can get hot glue guns for less than £10 which would be a lot easier (if you thread the beads on they won't stay in one place). Glue guns are really easy to use and they stay put really well too. I made a pic headpiece thing with flowers etc using one and its still stuck together. That way you could just glue as many beads/flowers on as you like. You can buy nice beads in a craft shop/sewing shop, or try eBay.

Time for another update!

I have some proofs of our placecards!! Who wants to see?

I'll have to upload the picture and save it as a JPEG first since it's currently a PDF, but I'm sooooo excited about them!

Here they are- not final versions but pretty much what they'll look like:

placenamesetting-connor.jpg

placenamesetting-connormouse.jpg

placenamesetting-connorsnow.jpg

placenamesetting-connorbarn.jpg

placenamesetting-connorchalk.jpg

The vegetarian guests will be distinguished by a small carrot in the corner of the placecard!! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

We did the seating plan yesterday- took forever. I ended up making a big board, drawing the tables on, and making name lables with blu-tack on to move people around. Just like Monica in Friends planning her wedding! I think we have it just about sorted now.

A major, MAJOR thing also happened yesterday- our cake maker dropped out :shock: It was supposed to be the best man's wife, as she has her own small business making cakes. She had her second baby in June, and was quite stressed out and tired etc before he was born, so we were advised to leave it be for a while, seeing as we only wanted a chocolate cake that doesn't take as long to make (fruit cakes need to sit for a while etc) so we didn't bother her about it. Steve emailed his best man yesterday after me saying that we reeeeeally needed to sort it out, because if she was going to back out, it's getting too close to find another cake-maker. Well, he emailed back and said she felt she had too much on to do it, but she thought she'd told him that ages ago. He denies all knowledge of this and is very apologetic about it, but we're screwed nonetheless.

So, cue mad panic and much Googling of local cake makers and many emails sent. Thankfully, we had an email back this morning from someone about 5 minutes away, with a lovely website, and lovely looking cakes, and she can make ours!! Hooray! She did say that with this short notice she wont be able to do any of the iced-flower designs though, which is a shame because it's exactly what I wanted :( But, at this short notice, it's just great to have found someone! We're going to see her on Tuesday evening to talk designs and such.

Here is her website:

http://www.annatylercakes.co.uk/

We're still trying to decide the music for the ceremony. We apparently have to have 7-10 tracks to play whilst we sign the register and pictures are taken of us- the ceremony pictures. It's SO hard! We also have to choose our walk-in and walk-out tracks too....

Thanks guys! :D

I really love them. I can't wait to get the proofs in the post and see them for real! She's making our table plan as well, possibly with bunnies on it, or maybe just in purple...

Hi there,

I've been reading and smiling and remembering all the preparations for my wedding 20 years ago this September. I don't know you well enough, but I did notice that you are stressing a little over some of the details.

I wanted to offer a suggestion on music! One song that I think is very appropriate for a wedding is "Forever" by Chris Brown. I don't know if you will know who he is, but the lyrics are fabulous and the song is not a slow one, but it would just be great!

I also don't know if you've seen the you tube video of a bridal party marching/dancing down the aisle to this song either. It is priceless and you have to watch it just because it will make you smile and then you can listen to it as well.

Go toyoutube.com and search for Wedding March Entrance. The video is called "JK Wedding Entrance Dance".

Congrats to you and your groom! I'm sure it will be a wonderful event and the happiest day of your life.

Laura

Latest posts

Back