I have BIG news!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slavetoabunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
Then there will be a seperate girly night out in Bristol- me and 7 of my girlfriends will go for a couple of drinks in a bar in the centre of Bristol- my best friend knows the owner so they will reserve seats for us and we'll get cheap drinks! Then we'll go for a meal to a Mexican/South American restaurant nearby for food and they do great cocktails too. Then we'll go to a club afterwards where we'll have an area of seating reserved with drinks and table service so that we don't have to go to the bar and queue! We're getting dressed up in proper dresses and heels and it's going to be loads of fun. All the girls are really excited! :D
Do male strippers fit in anywhere? I couldn't find that part.:biggrin2:

Haha! You guys make me laugh! Nope, no strippers anywhere :D One of my friends is a bit funny and she flat-out refused to go if there was one, and I said that I didn't want one anyway-find it a bit distasteful and I'd not be a happy bunny if Steve had one at his stag do so it's only fair that I don't either! :p

I did specify to my bridesmaids that I didn't want any of the typical hen-night stuff- no L-plates, no fairy wings, or sashes or anything like that! Hence we came up with a theme of just dressing up as nicely as we could in our best dresses and shoes. I need to find a dress!! :shock:

mouse_chalk wrote:
purplepeacock wrote:
i'm so excited for you!!!! how did you loose the weight? I've been dieting and exercising since february and can't loose anything. i'm thinking it's the meds i take but it's so frustrating!
I'm not really sure actually... I think it's mostly due to the contraceptive pill I'm taking,

Must get back on the pill! My boobs have got smaller and my stomach has got bigger since I came off it :(

I have your website bookmarked :ph34r2

pinksalamander wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
purplepeacock wrote:
i'm so excited for you!!!! how did you loose the weight? I've been dieting and exercising since february and can't loose anything. i'm thinking it's the meds i take but it's so frustrating!
I'm not really sure actually... I think it's mostly due to the contraceptive pill I'm taking,

Must get back on the pill! My boobs have got smaller and my stomach has got bigger since I came off it :(

I have your website bookmarked :ph34r2

fran----don't feel bad. i loose my boobs every time i go off the pill too. and i don't have much to spare!!

The last pill I went on, I lost over a stone at first, and then I stopped, and got to be a very moody and not very nice Jen, so I switched, and now I've started losing again. Hooray! Don't know if it'll keep up or not but I'll enjoy it while it lasts :)

I'm back to the drawing board with shoes :( I ordered some cheap ones off a catalogue site, that were quite nice. But when I went to order them I couldn't find them on the website, so we used a link that we'd saved previously. and when they arrived they were nothing like in the picture at all. So it looks like they discontinued the shoe and replaced it with something 'similar' which isn't really similar at all lol. So they're going back :(

I have found the shoes I really want, but they're too expensive. I LOVE them, but they're just too much. These are them:

http://www.rachelsimpsonshoes.co.uk/range.php?range=2&name_id=3&style_id=113&page=3

Beatrix-113-Satin.jpg

I love the style, the simple detailing, the heel height is perfect and they're not really thin heels so I'd have some stability.... I just LOVE them! I'm searching high and low for a similar pair that are cheaper, but no luck yet.... I just can't justify spending so much on a pair of shoes when we likely wont even get a honeymoon right now...

This shoe-obstacle is a tough one to climb lol!:p

well....depending on your style you could find an awesome pair of silver shoes that you could at least wear again. i don't know about where you live but where i live a lot of girls for the reception wear a white slipper instead of their shoes so they can dance and for comfort. my sis wore silver shoes under her dress and it rocked. not that too many people see your shoes...lol

That's what I was thinking. Most of the girls I know wore fancy shoes to their wedding, only to kick them off for the dancing part. Some of my older friends (who were going on their second marriage) opted for nice, comfy ballet-style slippers that supported your feet well. They didn't have sore feet later, and no one saw their shoes anyway! :)

kherrmann3 wrote:
That's what I was thinking. Most of the girls I know wore fancy shoes to their wedding, only to kick them off for the dancing part. Some of my older friends (who were going on their second marriage) opted for nice, comfy ballet-style slippers that supported your feet well. They didn't have sore feet later, and no one saw their shoes anyway! :)
I used them for the ceromony than kicked them off and NEVER put them on again. :biggrin2:

Lol! I was actually looking for some flats that would fit the bill, but all the ones I've seen wedding-y look really grannyish and not very nice so far :( Also, I tend to have terrible slouchy posture in flats so I was hoping that some low-wearable heels would straighten me up a bit!

The search goes on...

I went and had a spray tan earlier! Me and one of my bridesmaids went to our friend's house where a beauty therapist came round, set up a tent in my friend's living room and gave us all a St Tropez tan! It was pretty fun! Apparently it develops overnight, and gets darker the longer you leave it on, so I'll hopefully wake up nice and tanned tomorrow! I can see a difference now, but not that much, where as my friends looked really brown already.... Not fair!

The reason we did it is because I want a spray tan for the wedding, and my friend is a bridesmaid at a wedding on Saturday, so we thought we'd do a trial... I'll probably also get one done for my hen night in August, provided this one goes ok!

Our website says 64 days to go! YAAAAAAAY! And bless you Fran for bookmarking it! :)

i was married once before in my early 20's and the shoes i wore i never wore again. and i took them off at the reception. i swore this time i wouldn't spend money on shoes. since my dress is ivory lace over a champagne dress i had to purchase shoes. they weren't my first pick for awesome shoes but they were only $30 and had a heel but it wasn't too pointy. i'm a nurse and spend my days in my nursing shoes so to do big heels was completely out of the question...i'd fall over .......lol

oops what i was getting around to saying but got sidetracked was that sometimes the bridal shops have shoes on sale. that's where i got mine.

I feel like my brain has gone to mush. i ramble on and can't keep a straight thought.....maybe this is what wedding planning does to you =)

Jen congrats! I just noticed this thread, then again I normally hang around the rabbitry and showroom section :p

Anyways the dress is gorgeous :) I love the hair and the shoes are too die for :eek:

This must all be so exciting :eek: lol I think the dress, the hair and the shoes all come together really well too!

I have an idea for the shoes,
how the ceremony and to the reception you should wear nice, heels.
Then , take them off and hide them once you get to the reception, no one will even notice.
My cousin took her shoes off at her wedding and went full barefoot. (btw, the only reason I know is because I helped her)

Brandy456 wrote:
I have an idea for the shoes,
how the ceremony and to the reception you should wear nice, heels.
Then , take them off and hide them once you get to the reception, no one will even notice.
My cousin took her shoes off at her wedding and went full barefoot. (btw, the only reason I know is because I helped her)

hmmm....my sister did that at her wedding and she stepped in glass and got blood all over her dress. no one even knew that a glass got broken and it was such a small shard of glass. we almost had to take her to the ER cuz i couldn't get it out of her foot.

What about a nice pair of heels for the ceremony, and get someone to bring you along a nice pair of satin flats for the reception :)

Ok, another update!

I'm still in LOVE (like, head over heels) with the expensive shoes, but I *think* I have found some that cost much less. I'm going to order them and see how they look when they arrive! They're very similar...

This is them:

http://www.elegantsteps.co.uk/products/Touch-Ups-Abby-Wedding-Shoes.html

AND, I've had a major panic/fit/worry the past couple of days and rethought a couple of things.

First thing is that I'm not going to wear a purple sash on my dress anymore. I just keep looking at the picture of me trying my dress on and crying, because I feel like I look really big and horrible in it. It doesn't help that the dress is waaay too big at the moment, and because it's heavy fabric, it makes me look a lot bigger. I know it'll look better when it's altered but I'm just having a major dress wobble right now! Anyway, so in that, I realised that the sash, just cuts me in half and makes me look a lot bigger on top. Plus, the colour was waaaay darker than it looked in the picture, so it kind of throws out my purple scheme, because it's not really purple. So, I've decided not to wear it, and just to stick with the plain dress, and hopefully I'll get it altered right so that it looks better!

As well as rethinking the sash, I've also had a major 'flower wobble'. We went to see a mock-up of the tablecentres a few weeks ago, and I've been worrying about it ever since. It wasn't exactly as it will look on the day as she just made it up with some of our chosen flowers plus some of what she had in there as well. But there was ivy trailing down, and spray carnations, that I really, really don't want :expressionless Call me fussy and a bridezilla, but I just had the idea that it would be more 'modern' than that- I was thinking just one or 2 different flowers, foliage around the outside, very crisp and simple. But, you know me, did I tell her that? Noooo, silly me, I just said it was lovely and I was really happy :rollseyes So I've been worrying non-stop the past 3-4 weeks about it. Not just the tablecentre either- I worried that the same would happen to my bouquet. So, after having a major worry today, me and Steve decided that I'm going to do some more looking at the sort of bouquet that I want and then we'll take pictures into her and ask her to base them on that....

All with just over 7 weeks to go! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!

Plus, we still have to make the wishing tree and find materials for it, sort the table plan, sort placenames, send evening invites out, meet the photographer with a list of 'essential' shots, organise a minibus for my friends to get there and back on (luckily a friend is taking care of that for me), go on my hen night and help organise the second hen-party, organise favours, buy candles and tealight holders, buy shoes for me and my bridesmaids, buy underwear (??!!), organise to meat the seamstress to get mine and my bridesmaids dresses altered, choose all the ceremony music, Steve has to get his and his best man's suits organised, choose a reading, and probably lots more that I haven't remembered yet!!!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

BREATHE!!!!!

it's gonna work out ok. but you need to tell your florist that you don't like the carnations or ivy. i agree with you. carnations remind me of funeral flowers. don't worry about your underwear----you'll end up wearing granny-panties with tummy suckers in them anyway....lol....once the dress is altered you'll love it again. i go for my first fitting tomorrow---i'll be wearing my granny-whites and tummy suckers that's a fact! things will all work out---i promise!

bec

Latest posts

Back