I have BIG news!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's OK, Jen! Just BREATHE! :)

I've never had to plan a wedding or anything like that, but I remember how crazy my sister went for hers (she's the "perfect" kind of person, where everything must go right... or else). She was beyond a Bridezilla. Ask your friends/family about their wedding experiences. They might be able to tell you what you should and should not fret about. :)

I'm sorry that the purple sash did not work out as planned. Could you possibly go out and find another sash for the dress? Maybe just a sheer, lavender-tone one that shows the dress through it? It would keep your purple theme going, but would be gentle enough to not "cut you in half". I know exactly what you are saying with the sash, though. If I wear something with the middle cut like that with a band/sash around it, it makes me look really weird. I've learned to improvise and do what works (the sheer sash works well).

Those shoes look so nice! They are very close to the other ones that you had picked out! Still, go for comfort. Even if you wear the fancy ones for the wedding, the dance part would probably be more fun with something more "foot-oriented". :) I'm not saying don't get the fancy ones for the "fancy" part of the wedding, but, you probably get my drift!

It's going to be a lovely wedding, Jen! :hug:

Lol, thank you guys! You make me feel better :)

Becca- you'll never guess what I came back from shopping with today! That's right- granny knickers! LOL! They come all the way up my waist and go over the tops of my thighs as well! I've also got a really nice ivory strapless bra to wear with it. Might have to get something a little less granny like as a standby though too lol! :shock:

What kind of dress do you have Becca? Can I see a pic?

I've spent this evening looking at various bouquet pictures online. On www.projectwedding.com there are about 8000ish pictures of flower arrangements on there and I'm going through them all! From my various googling, these are the ones that I like so far- the first one actually bought a tear to my eye when I saw it (call me silly I know!)

Ok- the pictures didn't save properly :? But here's the one that bought a tear to my eye!

img-thing.jpg

I think that part of the reason I'm having these 'wobbles' is that when we first got engaged, I had no idea about weddings at all- never been to one, never had interest in them or anything. I was scared, and didn't see myself in any of the dresses or anything, because obviously I would never normally wear something like that. So I chose a dress that was simple, and not at all fussy- but now some months on having got caught well and truly up in the whole wedding fairytale, I'm sort of doubting my choices. The flowers is another story though. I think I just didn't take enough time to think about what I really wanted and look at enough ideas....

I'm sure I'll get over the wobble- eventually!

Thank you guys!

Oh, and I got shoes, but I'm so tired it's taken me this long to type this post out- bed for me! I'll post about the shoes tomorrow!

The dress is you. Simple and elegant. Would you want something ornate and overly done?. As I was talking about today, my dress wasn't ornate it just suited who I am.

wedding.jpg

Just breath things will be ok. In the end the missing things, the little details won't be on your mind. I spent $150 on the mens flowers....I forgot them in the trunk. :p

i have the same knickers!!! they suck in my thighs too...LOL!!! they call them spanx here. i hope this works but here's the webpage for my dress:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49995498&currentIdx=59&subCategory=-49999486|-49995498&catentryId=6097085&sort=

i have pics of me in the dress but i didn't have makeup on and look washed out. hopefully you can pull up the page =)

Becca, I love your dress! So pretty! :D

Ali, it's funny how our dresses are so similar! Apart from the ruffles on mine, they aren't that different at all- nice and simple. Seeing yours and you looking so lovely in it makes me feel a lot better about mine :)

Oh yeah, the shoes! I ordered these:

http://www.elegantsteps.co.uk/products/Touch-Ups-Abby-Wedding-Shoes.html

They're a similar style to the expensive ones but a lot cheaper. Not too high a heel, so should be ok to wear for most of the day, but I might invest in a pair of white flip flops or something just in case. The only thing about changing shoes is that my dress will be altered to the right length for my height and shoes, so, if I take the heels off later in the day, the dress will be slightly too long :expressionless I'll have to see what the seamstress says when I see her!

We also ordered our favours last night! We ordered mini tubes of Love Hearts, that have on the wrappers printed 'Jen and Steve, 12.09.2009' in purple text! :biggrin2: We got enough for 2 per guest. We were going to order them off the official website but then I remembered reading somewhere about buying them on Ebay- got an AMAZING deal! About 1/5 of the cost of buying them direct! It's actually so little that even if they do turn out to be a scam or rubbish or something it's very little money to worry about.

AND, we ordered purple glass tealight holders! YAY! I found some that were clear coloured glass, in a really nice purpley colour. I'm also going to buy some clear glass ones from Ikea that are dead cheap, and maybe some metal ones if they have any, and do a sort of mix and match scattering over the tables with them. Hopefully it'll look ok!

I'm now working on the small dilemna of finding hair grips to match my jewellry. LOL. That right there makes me sound like such a Bridezilla doesn't it?! I know it sounds crazy, but I've gone for such a specific 'out-there' style of jewellry, that I can't find hair grips that match :expressionless My necklace is like this:

http://azendi.com/products/Graduated-Silver-Ball-Necklace.html

And ideally I want hair grips that look similar, because I was thinking that if I was to get crystal or something, it wouldn't match?

Oh dear, is this me???!!!

bridezilla.jpg

:p

hair grips??? ya mean like a barrette? you're wearing your hair sort of wavy and half down right? is your veil going in your hair where this hair grip is? could you do a fresh flower like an orchid? in purple =)

purplepeacock wrote:
hair grips??? ya mean like a barrette? you're wearing your hair sort of wavy and half down right? is your veil going in your hair where this hair grip is? could you do a fresh flower like an orchid? in purple =)
I mean just a hair pin/grip, to hold my hair back? I'm having it wavy/loose curls and the front and top half will be pinned back in various places. I'm not having a veil! :ph34r2 So I was hoping to find some grips that would sort of match the jewellery, but not had much luck so far! The closest I've found is this:

http://www.mangogems.co.uk/acatalog/simplecrystalpin.html

Or, there are some small rose grips, that they do in purple, but I'm not sure how that would look?

http://www.mangogems.co.uk/acatalog/fleurpin.html

Or, I could just have regular bobby pins- that's it! That's what you call them over there, right? And find a big purple flower and wear that in my hair.....

I pick the seond option. No matter which you choose, you will look beautiful. Trust me, no one is going to notice the bobby pins in your hair! They will just be "icing on the cake".

i like the fresh flower. no one will care about the bobby pins but they'll see the flower. when i was looking at the wedding hairstyles on theknot.com a lot of the girls had real flowers in their hair. ask your hairdresser for opinions too.

mouse_chalk wrote:
The only thing about changing shoes is that my dress will be altered to the right length for my height and shoes, so, if I take the heels off later in the day, the dress will be slightly too long :expressionless I'll have to see what the seamstress says when I see her!

My aunt had tiny little hooks you could fold the dress up and hook and voila! Shortened and no fuss.

JadeIcing wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
The only thing about changing shoes is that my dress will be altered to the right length for my height and shoes, so, if I take the heels off later in the day, the dress will be slightly too long :expressionless I'll have to see what the seamstress says when I see her!
My aunt had tiny little hooks you could fold the dress up and hook and voila! Shortened and no fuss.
That's what my cousin's wife had. They were hidden on the dress with the bead work, and there were hooks down lower on the dress. After the ceremony, her bridesmaids helped her put the hooks together before the reception/dance part started. It only lifted the dress a little, but it also brought up the train of the dress so it wouldn't get dirty. They have lots of nifty features on wedding dresses!

kherrmann3 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
That's what my cousin's wife had. They were hidden on the dress with the bead work, and there were hooks down lower on the dress. After the ceremony, her bridesmaids helped her put the hooks together before the reception/dance part started. It only lifted the dress a little, but it also brought up the train of the dress so it wouldn't get dirty. They have lots of nifty features on wedding dresses!
Transformers: Wedding dresses in disguise.

hartleybun wrote:
no mention of rabbits with regard to favours, flower, tealites etc..:)
I'm still trying to get them in there! I found a website that does place cards like this:

http://www.whitesatinweddingstationery.co.uk/images/reception/Glass-cat-c-up.jpg

And they do other shapes to order as well, so I'm wondering if they could do a bunny shape..... :D

And then if that was possible, on our table plan, instead of having little roses or whatever people normally have, have 2 little bunnies at the corner of each table list! :D

I thought about naming the tables after bunny breeds, but that might be a bit obscure for our guests? I also would love to name the tables after our bunnies but there's only 5 of them and about 9-10 tables....

Oh well, we'll just have to get 4 more bunnies to make it work! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Back