I had to let Musti go...

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Catlyn

Reaction score
We went to another breeder before going back to the same one Musti came from. The other breeder had no lops. I saw those really cute black rabbits but they lacked the "charm" of loppity eared rabbits so we still decided to go for a lop.

Remy The Rabbit

Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your loss. Musti sounded like a happy, affectionate, and overall wonderful rabbit. Musti looked adorable in all those pictures!

Catlyn

Reaction score
He's not sweet just yet-he hates everything from carrots and beets to his pellets. He needs more time and love i suppose.
Musti really was all that you mentioned, @Remy The Rabbit and he was even more than that! Looking back in hindsight, his life could've been saved if we'd done more research on the vets we were taking him to.
So he got limps in the very end of march. We went to our local vet for an antibiotic and painkiller cure ( about two weeks) then they said they couldn't help us so we contacted a vet in Tartu, our second biggest city. We sent the xray pics on 13-14th april and on those pics his knee and joints were all healthy. We waited for a week in line and went. Musti had a shot and was sent back home. We were told that the knee would heal by itself and phisyotherapying it at home was a big no-no. That was a grave errorthatwe trusted that doc without questioning it. Perhaps we were blinded by the thought that all vets in a more proffessional city were professional. That was when we made the mistake of going back to the same vet. They did him another shot a week later. We waited for another week and as nothing changed we called around other reputable vets in the area. The university clinic said that the pro of their rabbit care was full and directed us to a clinic where the vet also worked. We wrote there and had to wait in line for three weeks and after we went there, we came home with a corpse and a new rabbit. In hindsight, it could've all been prevented and Musti could've lived if we hadn't trusted that one vet.....

Catlyn

Reaction score
So in short, he got hurt in the end of march, he was saveable up until maybe a month after that and the next two months that we stumbled across vets he was already beyond saving...

Catlyn

Reaction score
And because of that, i can't help but think why we didn't know or do better when we had the chance??? Why didn't we question the vets more? Why didn't we? And i cannot help but cry as i wonder how happy i would be if Musti would still be with me, only if he were alive.....

Catlyn

Reaction score
Yey, the young boy is slowly accepting me! He came to nudge me once and now allows gentle body pets when he eats, he no longer backs away! He's also got a name, Storm! Thanks to @Remy The Rabbit for the suggestion!

Latest posts