I had to let Musti go...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to another breeder before going back to the same one Musti came from. The other breeder had no lops. I saw those really cute black rabbits but they lacked the "charm" of loppity eared rabbits so we still decided to go for a lop.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Musti sounded like a happy, affectionate, and overall wonderful rabbit. Musti looked adorable in all those pictures!

He's not sweet just yet-he hates everything from carrots and beets to his pellets. He needs more time and love i suppose.
Musti really was all that you mentioned, @Remy The Rabbit and he was even more than that! Looking back in hindsight, his life could've been saved if we'd done more research on the vets we were taking him to.
So he got limps in the very end of march. We went to our local vet for an antibiotic and painkiller cure ( about two weeks) then they said they couldn't help us so we contacted a vet in Tartu, our second biggest city. We sent the xray pics on 13-14th april and on those pics his knee and joints were all healthy. We waited for a week in line and went. Musti had a shot and was sent back home. We were told that the knee would heal by itself and phisyotherapying it at home was a big no-no. That was a grave errorthatwe trusted that doc without questioning it. Perhaps we were blinded by the thought that all vets in a more proffessional city were professional. That was when we made the mistake of going back to the same vet. They did him another shot a week later. We waited for another week and as nothing changed we called around other reputable vets in the area. The university clinic said that the pro of their rabbit care was full and directed us to a clinic where the vet also worked. We wrote there and had to wait in line for three weeks and after we went there, we came home with a corpse and a new rabbit. In hindsight, it could've all been prevented and Musti could've lived if we hadn't trusted that one vet.....

So in short, he got hurt in the end of march, he was saveable up until maybe a month after that and the next two months that we stumbled across vets he was already beyond saving...

And because of that, i can't help but think why we didn't know or do better when we had the chance??? Why didn't we question the vets more? Why didn't we? And i cannot help but cry as i wonder how happy i would be if Musti would still be with me, only if he were alive.....

Yey, the young boy is slowly accepting me! He came to nudge me once and now allows gentle body pets when he eats, he no longer backs away! He's also got a name, Storm! Thanks to @Remy The Rabbit for the suggestion!

So, today is the sixth. One year has passed, and i miss uou to death. I still cry when i talk to you, of you, to anyone. i feel a mixture of sad and joy looking at pictures of you, remembering the kissy cuddly personality, all the tattered bedsheets and the massive amount of hay that you consumed. All the times when you were secretly asking for help but too rabbit-esque to openly show it, when i was too inexperienced to notice it, and the crippling feeling that you should still be here with us, but won't, the gnawing feeling that i could've done more, tried a bit better, caught onto the red flags just a bit earlier. But i didn't.
Oh well, it was the past, i regret it, i feel bad for it, but i know that despite all the hics, errors and the missed signs, i loved you to bits and you loved me back as much, if not even more. I couldn't imagie a better rabbit than Musti-big and floofy, friendly, social, pretty and cuddly, huggable and super handleable, curious and active, funny and caring- to show me the ropes of rabbitry, it was all because of you that Storm lives with us, indoors at that, and had a companion, even if it was for a short time, and i appreciate it, i thank you for it so much. In the end, i did my best, and that's all that matters.
I broke my promise, saying that i'd tell you every day how much i love you. But i know that you understand even without me telling you all the time, like a parent knows they're loved without the kid reminding them.
My dear Musti... There will be none like you.

So, today is the sixth. One year has passed, and i miss uou to death. I still cry when i talk to you, of you, to anyone. i feel a mixture of sad and joy looking at pictures of you, remembering the kissy cuddly personality, all the tattered bedsheets and the massive amount of hay that you consumed. All the times when you were secretly asking for help but too rabbit-esque to openly show it, when i was too inexperienced to notice it, and the crippling feeling that you should still be here with us, but won't, the gnawing feeling that i could've done more, tried a bit better, caught onto the red flags just a bit earlier. But i didn't.
Oh well, it was the past, i regret it, i feel bad for it, but i know that despite all the hics, errors and the missed signs, i loved you to bits and you loved me back as much, if not even more. I couldn't imagie a better rabbit than Musti-big and floofy, friendly, social, pretty and cuddly, huggable and super handleable, curious and active, funny and caring- to show me the ropes of rabbitry, it was all because of you that Storm lives with us, indoors at that, and had a companion, even if it was for a short time, and i appreciate it, i thank you for it so much. In the end, i did my best, and that's all that matters.
I broke my promise, saying that i'd tell you every day how much i love you. But i know that you understand even without me telling you all the time, like a parent knows they're loved without the kid reminding them.
My dear Musti... There will be none like you.

We will always remember his time with us😔

Today is once more the sixth of june.
My dear boy, i have so much i could've shown you. I could've given you so much more than what you had.
But what you had and had not, these pushed me to further improve the other bunners' lives.

We're still struggling with some things, like amounts of snacks and fresh greens..
I still remember your iron body that could take a crazy load of crap mum fed you. Like half the watermelon peels in one serving. I remember you having digestive issues only once, when you were already ill and weak. You had what in hindsight was probably very close to true runny stool, but that's not what got you.
I've fully come to terms about your departure, though i'm still crying as i write. At least i'm able to talk about you without opening the tear taps, every other time or so.
That still doesn't reduce the love that i felt, and still feel for you.
My other sweet boy is also right by your side. I'm still fantasizing how you would've made the perfectest pair for one another and me as well.
I never told you that your stonefront popped me some wild lemongrass, did i?
See you next year, my boy.

Latest posts

Back