I had to let Musti go...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing in what terms? Regarding him, much better. Regarding other things, not so much.
Now that Musti has been gone for almost 3 yrs, Sorry if this made you sadder.

Now that Musti has been gone for almost 3 yrs, Sorry if this made you sadder.
No need to say sorry, it doesn't sadden me any more than i already was, it's just a fact that he's been gone for two years now. I've come to terms with it. Though i still miserably failed at not crying when writing today's entry, but i think it just goes to show how much he still means to me.

I visit each one on the anniversary of their departure--I still tear up, but I also feel joy when remembering all the good times we shared and all the antics--our avatar Nikki loved to lay on the tile floor behind the toilet--it was cool and gave her the illusion of privacy--one of my many happy memories and I even have pics on my screen saver.

Hey, my little boy. A third year has passed without you.
I still love you so, in a special way, just a bit different to all the other buns i've had.
I'll see you next year.

Some of you bunniers know that my lop boy Musti was battling with a knee disease bulge and sadly, we had to let him go. We didn't want to put him trough the torment of having either an amputated leg or a chance of the disease returning/him passing away on the table. The vet was really nice and talked us through all of the options. Sadly she said that Musti would never heal to normal even with treatment as his joints had been destroyed by the illness. So we thought about it real hard, i wailed and sobbed a ton, gave him my final hugs and kisses, he directly licked away my tears, and with a broken heart, let him peacefully enter forevermost sleep. I feel like that was the best thing for him. View attachment 48405View attachment 48406View attachment 48407View attachment 48408We got to take him home for burial and dad will give him a gravestone with his very own picture engraved in it.

May he forever rest in peace. I'll never forget him. Ever.
He was beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss

Latest posts

Back