I can't decide

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
magicapple wrote:
-.-" Then what am I suppose to do?
spend more timewith him..lay on the floor with him..let him out more and just sit inthe room and let him come up to you and get used to you...give himtreats..pet him...just spend time with him...the same way you wouldsocialize a dog or any other animal..it takes time!!

peapoo_bunny wrote:
i think you should give your rabbit to the shelter and thennot get another one...especially if your only getting rid of the rabbityou have now because of his looks...what happens is you get a hollandlop and then it grows up and you dont like the way it looks? are yougoing to give it to a shelter to?
High percent not. My parentswill be very mad at me for wasting money over and over.okay.. is there like something I can put on my rabbit to make it lookbetter? Like a ribbon or something?

peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
itsounds like you just want to get another bunny and not try to work withthe one you have...im sure if you spend a few hours a daywithyour bunny just sitting in a room with it letting it come to you. youbunny will probably become friendlier the more time you spend withit:)
aww. I'm been spending time with it for 2 monthss. Whatmade you choose a holland lop rabbit as a pet in the firstplace?
i picked peapoo out at a petstore not knowing what breedshe was until later...petey came from a shelter...i picked him to bepeapoos friend..i just picked them out..not because of their breedthough..i just liked them
becuz they are cute. but I have topick the big one. =( I want a small one. And spending more time with itnow will make it harder for me to give it to theshelter.
i still think you should keep him...giving himto a shelter just because you dont like his looks/size is notfair...
yes it is. not my faulthe'smean.
he's only "mean'' because he hasnt beensocialized
-.-" Then what am I suppose to do?
spend moretime with him..lay on the floor with him..let him out more and just sitin the room and let him come up to you and get used to you...give himtreats..pet him...just spend time with him...the same way you wouldsocialize a dog or any other animal..it takes time!!
How long?

magicapple wrote:
High percent not. My parents will be very mad at me forwasting money over and over. okay.. is there like something Ican put on my rabbit to make it look better? Like a ribbon orsomething?
looks shouldnt matter

Please don't feel like we're ganging up on you or trying to be mean. We are really only trying to help.

You will have to socialize ANY rabbit you get. They have tobe trained to trust you. Until then, they will most likelyscratch and bite because they are afraid.

The things we've told you really work. You have to have patience and work with the rabbit.

peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
i thinkyou should give your rabbit to the shelter and then not get anotherone...especially if your only getting rid of the rabbit you have nowbecause of his looks...what happens is you get a holland lop and thenit grows up and you dont like the way it looks? are you going to giveit to a shelter to?
High percent not. My parents will be verymad at me for wasting money over and over. okay.. is therelike something I can put on my rabbit to make it look better? Like aribbon or something?
looks shouldnt matter
yes it does.If I don't like his personailtiy I should at least like his looks.

Laura wrote:
Please don't feel like we're ganging up on you or trying tobe mean. We are really only trying to help.

You will have to socialize ANY rabbit you get. They have tobe trained to trust you. Until then, they will most likelyscratch and bite because they are afraid.

The things we've told you really work. You have to have patience and work with the rabbit.
I don't have patience and i'm afraid of getting biten or scratch. Andmy arm used to not have any scars but now it has a littleredlines, which takes about a week to disappear

magicapple wrote:
How long?
it could take months... petey is just now starting to warm up to me andi got him on april29th.. he still runs away sometimes...butsince ive been spending time with him he has gotten better..

peapoo my other holland lop used to scratch us to..she evenmade my mom bleed once..but we didnt just give her away did we? no...wekept her and worked with her..and now she begs to be petted..she runsup to you and nudges your hand to be petted... it will just take time..spend time with your bunny and im sure he will get better:)

magicapple wrote:
Laura wrote:
Please don'tfeel like we're ganging up on you or trying to be mean. Weare really only trying to help.

I don't have patience and i'm afraid of getting biten or scratch. Andmy arm used to not have any scars but now it has a littleredlines, which takes about a week to disappear
if you dont have patience then i dont think bunnies are the petfor you..they take lots of time and patience...just like any other petwould...

peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
How long?
it could take months... petey is just now starting to warm up to me andi got him on april29th.. he still runs away sometimes...butsince ive been spending time with him he has gotten better..

peapoo my other holland lop used to scratch us to..she evenmade my mom bleed once..but we didnt just give her away did we? no...wekept her and worked with her..and now she begs to be petted..she runsup to you and nudges your hand to be petted... it will just take time..spend time with your bunny and im sure he will get better:)
may I ask how old are you? And even my mom and dad said to givethe rabbit alway. They would yell at me for having a rabbit. My dadeven called it ulgy. he said he thought I would buy a nice lookingrabbit. I didn;t want to give up my rabbit at first even when myparents would get mad at me becuz my rabbit wakes everyone up at nightbecause I walked a lot to find my rabbit. I walked many blocks andspended many days looking for that rabbit. I only went to about 2 petcoand 4 petlands and I called a lot of petstores. I think it was becuz itwas april and many people buy rabbits around that times thats why itshard to find a rabbit.

peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
Laura wrote:
Please don'tfeel like we're ganging up on you or trying to be mean. Weare really only trying to help.

if you dont have patience then i dont think bunnies are the petfor you..they take lots of time and patience...just like any other petwould...
But I want a RABBIT!! it's not my fault iwasn't born with patiences. :(

magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote: may I ask howold are you? And even my mom and dad said to give the rabbit alway.They would yell at me for having a rabbit. My dad even called it ulgy.he said he thought I would buy a nice looking rabbit. I didn;t want togive up my rabbit at first even when my parents would get mad at mebecuz my rabbit wakes everyone up at night because I walked a lot tofind my rabbit. I walked many blocks and spended many days looking forthat rabbit. I only went to about 2 petco and 4 petlands and I called alot of petstores. I think it was becuz it was april and many people buyrabbits around that times thats why its hard to find a rabbit.
im 16..why?

it sounds like you parents dont want you to have a bunny atall..and most bunnies will be loud sometimes...my two are very loud atnight..and they are in my bedroom

peapoo_bunny wrote:
magicapple wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote: may I ask howold are you? And even my mom and dad said to give the rabbit alway.They would yell at me for having a rabbit. My dad even called it ulgy.he said he thought I would buy a nice looking rabbit. I didn;t want togive up my rabbit at first even when my parents would get mad at mebecuz my rabbit wakes everyone up at night because I walked a lot tofind my rabbit. I walked many blocks and spended many days looking forthat rabbit. I only went to about 2 petco and 4 petlands and I called alot of petstores. I think it was becuz it was april and many people buyrabbits around that times thats why its hard to find a rabbit.
im 16..why?

it sounds like you parents dont want you to have a bunny atall..and most bunnies will be loud sometimes...my two are very loud atnight..and they are in my bedroom
my rabbit is in my room too.sometimes at night I get annoyed with my rabbit when it keep jumping inthe cage and stuff. But my parents room are the farthest from my room.so i go to their room sometimes. Oh yea did you ever give your rabbit abath?

any rabbit you get is going to jump around sometimes and be noisy

i had to one time because she got soap spilled on her...but your notsupposed to bathe them...rabbits in general should keep themselvesclean...unless their cage isnt cleaned enough or their diet isnt right

if your rabbit is in your room then why cant you spend more time with him?

peapoo_bunny wrote:
any rabbit you get is going to jump around sometimes and be noisy

i had to one time because she got soap spilled on her...but your notsupposed to bathe them...rabbits in general should keep themselvesclean...unless their cage isnt cleaned enough or their diet isnt right

if your rabbit is in your room then why cant you spend more time with him?
i look at it a lot. I just dont touch it

if your are that afraid of getting bit...try putting some gloves and a long sleeve shirt on;)

send him to me!!! :Di wish you were closer to me..i would take him!:D

peapoo_bunny wrote:
if your are that afraid of getting bit...try putting somegloves and a long sleeve shirt on;)
then the rabbit will be usedto the way the glove feels and it won't know how your hand feels. andits summer i'm not going to wear a long sleeve. Not until it startssnowing. And would you want to raise a rabbit that you dont like formany years. i don't like my hamster but I still keep them until theydie. and they all live for about 2 to 3 years.and for some reason Istillbuy more hamsters even though i know I don't likethem.anyway hamsters are small so I don't mind taking care ofthem but rabbits are big. And won't that rabbit be more happy having afamily that likes and to adopt it?

it sounds like you really just dont want tospend any time or do anything with this bunny... i really feel sorryfor it.. why couldnt you put on a long sleeve shirt for 5minutes so youcould spend time with your bunny? because you dont want to spend timewith that poor bunny? what has he done to make you hate him so much?

peapoo_bunny wrote:
it sounds like you really just dont want to spend any timeor do anything with this bunny... i really feel sorry for it.. whycouldnt you put on a long sleeve shirt for 5minutes so you could spendtime with your bunny? because you dont want to spend time with thatpoor bunny? what has he done to make you hate him somuch?
didn't I tell you? I don't like it cuz it scratch too muchand it's too loud at night.

well if thats the case then you wont like anybunny you get because alot of bunnies do that..actually pretty much allbunnies do that

Back