I can't decide

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres how big a hollands ears are:)

pink.jpg

peapoo_bunny wrote:
you dont think that bunny is cute?!:shock:
thatdoesn't look like a bunny. it look like a adult rabbit. I want rabbitsthat look small and cute and they will stay small. Oo ever heard ofpeter rabbit? petland told me they are small and cute and they can'tsmell or something. so their very friendly.

yep...those are my two holland lops..peapoo onthe left and petey on the right... peapoo weighs 5lbs and petey weighs4.5lbs..theyre really not that big..theyre about the size ofateacuppoodle..maybe a little bigger

magicapple wrote:
2 rabbits means i'll have to buy another cage and food blowand everything. And i'm kinda broke. My parents doesn't like me havinganypets so i have to pay for everything.
I definitely would not get another rabbit. It sounds like youare on a tight budget and rabbit care can get costly. Whathappens if the rabbit you already have needs vetcare?

Rabbits are not "cuddly" by nature.Most of themhate being picked up and will often scratch and bite.

If you get another rabbit, chances are he will behave like the one you already have.

peapoo_bunny wrote:
yep...those are my two holland lops..peapoo on the left andpetey on the right... peapoo weighs 5lbs and petey weighs4.5lbs..theyre really not that big..theyre about the size ofateacuppoodle..maybe a little bigger
thosetwo rabbit are as long as the rabbitI have now. How old arethey? Do you have a pic of your rabbit not lying down?

Laura wrote:
magicapple wrote:
2rabbits means i'll have to buy another cage and food blow andeverything. And i'm kinda broke. My parents doesn't like me havinganypets so i have to pay for everything.
I definitely would not get another rabbit. It sounds like youare on a tight budget and rabbit care can get costly. Whathappens if the rabbit you already have needs vetcare?

Rabbits are not "cuddly" by nature.Most of themhate being picked up and will often scratch and bite.

If you get another rabbit, chances are he will behave like the one you already have.
well if they really get sick my parents willcare. and I have the cage and everything. It'll be a waste to spendlike 80bucks on a cage with nothing in it.

I think you're being highly unfair just becauseyou want a "cuter" rabbit. I would never give up one of myrabbits because I wanted something cuter. You were obviously aware ofhow big this rabbit could get so it's not fair to say you want asmaller rabbit either.

Rabbit care is very costly. I just had my doe spayed and I wa slookingat $300 just for that. If an emergency even happened, I'm sure thebills would be aorund that as well.

If you give up this rabbit, I think it's best not to get another untilyou have the financial ability to care for the rabbit without relyingon your parents.

I'm just saying I would keep the one you have and work with it.

Does it get much exercise time (out of cage)?

If you sit in the floor with them, they are naturallycurious. They will come up to you and get used to you thatway. Try that without picking it up for a while and see whathappens. Keep a few treats with you and give one when hecomes up to you. He will learn to trust you and eventuallyyou may be able to pet him and hold him without himscratching.

peapoo_bunny wrote:
peapoo and petey are only about 8months old
they looksmall from one angle and big from another. And is that rabbit eattingfrom his's litter box? the 6th pic. And they are very cute.

it sounds like you just want to get anotherbunny and not try to work with the one you have...im sure if you spenda few hours a daywith your bunny just sitting in a room withit letting it come to you. you bunny will probably become friendlierthe more time you spend with it:)

Laura wrote:
I'm just saying I would keep the one you have and work with it.

If you sit in the floor with them, they are naturallycurious. They will come up to you and get used to you thatway. Try that without picking it up for a while and see whathappens. Keep a few treats with you and give one when hecomes up to you. He will learn to trust you and eventuallyyou may be able to pet him and hold him without himscratching.
if i feed it treats will it bite my hand? and i let it out sometimes. not offen becuz i might pee on the floor.

peapoo_bunny wrote:
it sounds like you just want to get another bunny and nottry to work with the one you have...im sure if you spend a few hours adaywith your bunny just sitting in a room with it letting itcome to you. you bunny will probably become friendlier the more timeyou spend with it:)
aww. I'm been spending time with it for 2monthss. What made you choose a holland lop rabbit as a pet in thefirst place?

magicapple wrote:
Laura wrote:
I'm just sayingI would keep the one you have and work with it.

if i feed it treats will it bite my hand? and i let it outsometimes. not offen becuz i might pee on the floor.
is itlitterbox trained? sounds like you just need to spend moretime with him/her... and he/she shouldnt bite your hand i dontthink...my two bunnies love yogurt drops and come running when theyhear the bag..maybe you should try getting some of those:)

Latest posts

Back