I am CRAZY

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binkies

Reaction score
So I go to the stupid local mom and pop pet store to look for a guinea pig. He was busy so he told me to go look in the back room. I see this adult dutch mix rabbit in a teeeeny plastic box on cedar bedding. So I asked why she was in that box and he said "she's too big to sell, i'm going to take her home and 'do something with her' " ummm around here in hicksville, that means 'take her home and kill her cause nobody wants her'.

Sooooo, of course he knows me and says if you want her, take her. Of course I did. Knowing full well that Tulla is a hateful old biddy and probably wont like her. I haven't introduced them yet. Getting ready to in a minute. Pictures will follow sometime tonight.

So i'm either crazy for even trying or stupid because I went in there in the first place.

Crazy? Stupid?

How about wonderful? Thoughtful?

I'm so glad you got a chance to save her. I hope things work out for you! :hug:

um, that kinda happened but not quite as bad with fred. he was MISERABLE looking at that pet store:(

fred is the sweetest bun ever! loves to give kisses and is a true lap bun!

i am sure this bun will be AMAZING!

you are not crazy or stupid, just loving:inlove:

Oh my! What a savior you are:angel:! You're super. I'm so glad you took her.

Cannot wait for pics. Even if you can't bond her to Tulla, she'll still have a great life, one she never would have had if you hadn't walked in there today...

I'm glad you found her and could take her! Poor dear. How is she doing? Is she friendly?

Yay! You are so nice, Amanda :biggrin2:! I really can't wait for pictures. Are you sure she is a lady? As you know, this was truely a good thing. You saved the lovely bunny. I think Candy sent you into that store today to save this rabbit.

:bunnydance:

Oh Amy, you just made me cry! That is most likely exactly what happened. The store closes at 6 and I got there at 5:45.

Well of course "she" IS in fact without a doubt a "he" I didn't even bother looking while I was there. It didn't matter at all. He is named Gravy. Sorry for the crude sense of humor, but rabbit gravy is commonly eaten here and it was probably his fate.

He is quite calm and friendly. I can pick him up and carry him around without a bit of struggle. Tulla and Phillip aren't being the best hosts, but it may work out with a little time and patience.

The box he was in, I don't know how long he was in it for. Could have been just a traveling cage (I hope).

018.jpg

Checking out the surroundings

019.jpg

020.jpg

Oh dear, my screen is covered in coffee now! That was hilarious.

But honestly if someone is close to me or has airplane money, I will be happy to "pass the gravy". I really didn't want another rabbit, but I sure as heck wasn't going to walk off and let him die. He will have a forever home here with attention and food and treats and everything a house rabbit needs. So no worries.

Yes, you are crazy, but good crazy. A "normal" person would have just left, you being the crazy one, brouth him home and saved his life. There is nothing wrong with being crazy, crazy is good.:)

I have an exercise pen for him to hang out in, right next to Tulla and Phillip. So they can hang around each other, but nobody can hurt anyone. Right now they are all three hanging out semi peacefully with no barriers. But my husband and I are both not letting our guard down with them.

Well, he said that Gravy is cute. He stood guard for 45 minutes watching the three meet and greet. Not in love with him, but hubby is like me.....no way that Gravy would turn out to BE gravy.

Oh my gosh....that box he was in isheartbreaking!! I keep litter in the same type of container, not my bunnies!! I can see how you couldn't leave him there.

Gravy is a great name! How big is he and do you think he's young or full grown?

I'm so glad you didn't leave him there.

Latest posts

Back