How many pets do you have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you don't see, is that the water might be shallow, but they get a lot of that shallow water in terriotry. So it may be, a foot deep (guess), but they have 2 miles (Guess, just exaggerating) of it.

I don't mean to be rude; but he probably wasn't eating due to water quality. It is harder to control water quality in bowls. Even though the water is "Shallow" there is a lot of filtration and movement, beleive it or not. :)

I don't think its impossible that they can live happily in a smaller container. Mine seems to be just fine in his bowl, but I still want to try him in something bigger just the same. If he doesn't seem happy I will move him back, though.

I think it is too hard to gauge a fish emotions. Because of things like water quality can make such a huge difference in life. After reading ultimate bettas, I won't ever go back.

Well, Caspian II is always swimming around, he always eats his food when I drop it in, he comes to the side of the bowl to say hi whenever I walk by (he doesn't flare up), his colors are nice and vibrant, fins and scales in good shape, and he gets weekly water changes unless the water looks too dirty before the scheduled water change. If that's not a happy fish then I don't know what is.

I have

- Gimpy my rabbit
- Petrie my Box Turtle
- Barkley my dog, he's a bichon/cocker
- and I have 8 Aquariums running right now. A 90g(african cichlids), 58g(fully planted), 40g, 2x20g, 15g and 2x10g. I breed a bunch of different species of fish but right now i'm obsessed with shrimp. I breed cherry shrimp and green shrimp and I'm also attempting to get my Crystal red shrimp to breed for me. My friends make fun of me but my "shrimp farm" is a great little money maker :biggrin:

Daenerys wrote:
I don't think its impossible that they can live happily in a smaller container. Mine seems to be just fine in his bowl, but I still want to try him in something bigger just the same. If he doesn't seem happy I will move him back, though.
Bigger is always better, but don't be surprised if your Betta becomes shocked by the change. He will need to adjust, like any animal. Going off their food temporarily during this period is nothing to worry about either.

I have fire in a 2.5 gallon and Ice is a five. I plan to buy a 20 gallon and split it up into four and buy two more bettas.

In our house we have

3 dogs (a heeler, a heeler/husky mix, and a lab/pit mix)

2 new rabbits (mini rex's)

2 chickens so far (millie fluer D'uccles)

about 70 snakes of various species (selling many of them though)

a tiger salamander

A tokay gecko

A handful of taratunlas

A scorpion

A centipede

A couple thousand roaches

A boyfriend

and I think thats about it as far as living things go.

Hey, this is kind of fun!
I have 31 rabbits(with three does bred at this moment) and subject to change.
1-Bay Arabian Mare- 17 year old- Jasmine
1 Solid Red Dun Appaloosa Gelding- 26 years young- Phoenix
1 Gray Morgan Mare- 10 Years old- Oriana- bred to a QH stud
1 Golden Dun Solid Paint/Quarter Horse Filly- 2 years old- Tessa
My dog passed last year but she still lives in her urn at the foot of my bed.

Pheonix is my man, no human male in my life. Though the farrier/Tessa's breeder is a VERY nice guy and I would Love to date him, he has the same take on animals that I do. we work well together-Tessa's got a heck of a story with her. Micheal bred Tessa for what is now his ex-wife. So he wants her to have a good home that's why he'll give her to me.

I have 10 animals. 6 dogs- 5 yorkshire terriers and 1 yorkshire terrier maltese cross, 2 cats (not pedigree), and 2 rabbits.

The 6 dogs are really my parents, and one of the cats is my sister's, so really I myself only have 3 pets. Lily, my cat, and Benji and Pippin. When I get my own place I'm toying with the idea of a Great Dane, as I have always been totally in love with them, but we will have to see. If not, then a smaller dog, but definately a dog in my life.

I have also had hamsters- syrian and roborofski (omg spelling sorry haha) and gerbils, who were just precious. We also had a large and very expensive aquarium fish tank with a bunch of fish (my dad's) but he gave it to my uncle.

I could nevvveeerrr be without pets- they really enrich your life! :D But I love only having a few of my own. 2 rabbits, my cat, and a dog would be perfect for me, because I'd love to give as much time, energy, love (and money on toys etc. etc.) as possible to just a few pets.

Jen

I have:
2 dogs; Daisy & Yannik
3 cats; Missy, Kagome and a foster, Orca.
2 rabbits; Ookpik & Newt
1 hedgehog; Rocky
1 goldfish; Sammi
1 betta; Shiseido

Wow has my list ever shrunk! lol

Wow, I really don't feel so alone anymore ^^

Alright. lets start with mine:
Cats: PJ, Julie, Miyu and Belle
Rabbits: Martie and Jezzabelle

So 6 of my own...

Now I live at home right now due to going to school, so my family's pets:

Cats: Emma, Missy, Rocky, Sheena, Oreo, Oskher, Kiki, Cynder
Dogs: Boo(yorkie), Pumba(AkitaX), Jayde(German Shepherd)
Guinea pigs: Mordred and Roland(From Stephen King's The Dark Tower series^^)

so all together...19...wow

In addition to Levi, we have:

Dante (Bullmastiff, our stoic boy)

051.jpg

Macie (Mastiff & momma to all. She is my pet soul mate)

R1-3A.jpg

Zander (Siberian husky and all around goofball)

R1-19A.jpg

Gustav (German Shep mix, the smartest pup I've ever seen)
091.jpg

Karma (black) & Kismet (grey)

026.jpg

We also have a 13 year old cockatiel named Sammy and a young parakeet/budgie named Gymea.

Just wanted to add about bettas :)

The tiny cups they are sold in are meant to be temporary. Just because they can survive in them doesn't mean they should be forced to live in them forever. Can you imagine how fast the water goes toxic in such a small container?

You can't see ammonia build up in a fish tank/bowl. You would only know if it was there by using a test kit. Smaller containers/tanks need to have water changes done more frequently.

Bettas are tropical fish so they do fare better in warmer temperatures. If you think your betta is listless and just laying around the bottom of the tank check your water temperature.

Bettas can be house in regular fish tanks with filters and other fish. You just have to provide them with appropriate tank mates and filters that aren't too strong as they are not the strongest swimmers. They also appreciate places to hide such as smooth caves (as to not rip their fragile fins) I use coffee cups turned on their side for betta caves. Live plants are appreciated as well although silk plants are fine too.

Bettas are one of the most beautiful and interactive fish you can keep as a pet. If your betta is bored get him or her a mirror. Gives them lot's of exercise while they are flaring at "another" betta lol Just be sure to take it down and give them a break. You don't want them constantly in flare mode.

Thank you for those tips Maria!

Mine likes to play. I have a pink highlighter that he loves :)

I think that bigger bowl wouldn't stay warm enough and that is why he stayed at the bottom. He seems to be very happy in his gallon tank with his plants and little castle.

I certainly understand that the cup is a temporary housing arrangement. I didn't research enough about his habitat and in turn, miss informed on this thread and I apologize for that. I love my pets.

I have

1 hamster named Yoshi
1 leopard ghecko named Dragon
5 rabbits (Jasper, Fergie, Huck Finn, Daisy Duke and Charlee)
and a dog named Baylee
so 8 total

I think it would be so much fun if we had like one huuuge room and everyone on the forum brought all their pets :)

Back