How many pets do you have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myia09

Reaction score
So, not everyone follows everyones blog, but this is an interesting subject.

My mom bought me a little sign that says "In case of an emergency I have /blank/ amount of animals inside"

And you can write in how many animals you have. Then we started joking that I need a dry erase marker because my number keeps chaning! LOL.

Now, I do have a "large" amount of animals, but I think large is relative..when you count it all out it sounds like a lot; but you don't take into consideration what TYPE of animals they are. 20 mice are different than 20 dogs! And mammals are way different than reptiles

So...if I say it in numbers..I have 18 animals

And counting I should add (I plan on getting another rabbit and some reptiles)

The breakdown:

4 leopard Geckos

4 female mice

3 Rabbits

2 Chinchillas

2 Parakeets

1 Hamster Syrian

1 Crested Gekco

1 Betta

I'm a college student...so I'm going to break this down into animals that live with me and animals that live with my family that I consider to be mine too.

My personal pets: Two rabbits and a Russian Tortoise

Family pets: three dogs, three horses, a tarantula and a goldfish.

18 show pigeons(raise them. Also pets. Rollers, Hungarian giant house pigeons, and archangels)
About 20-30 rabbits(raise them. Also pets)
5 ring neck doves
1 dog
1 cat
1 cockatiel
1 parakeet
1 quaker parrot
2 guinea pigs
a 40 gallon aquarium full of fish and snails.

Hopefully I am not forgetting anyone. :)

Wow.

I have 18 pets too. Kirby bun, Tony bun and Penny bun. Penny counts as 15 pets all by herself. :p

I have 16....

8 Bunnies of my own
1 sanctuary Bunny
1 Foster Bunny
1 Dog
1 Blue Tongue Skink
2 Leopard Geckos
2 Viper Geckos

Out of the bunnies I have to explain something... Half of my 8 are bonded living in one cage. Out of the remaining 4, 2 our bonded living together. The last 2 and the sanctuary bunny can not live together but they can play together.

I don't plan on more bunnies that number we are letting go down. Somewhere down the road we want a bonded pair or trio. 2 fosters and place for 2 emergency intakes.

Reptiles I do plan on adding more. I am lookingfor 5 more leosnot all at once or soon, an AFT, and am open to more viper geckos. Also when the bunny numbers are a lot lower I want to get a crested gecko and maybe a garg.

I have

2 dogs
2 cats
3 rabbits
4 hermit crabs
2 Betta fish
1 mosquito fish
1 bearded dragon
14 chickens

OMG i have 29 animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do my kids count as animals if so add 4 more to that,lol

I too want to add i will not be adding anymore cats or dogs till my own are all gone, as far as cats i am thinking of fostering when my cats are all gone, and dogs i will be taking a short break from, but i dont know how l ong that will last,lol. Rabbits i am done with for now, if anything , god forbid happens to my guys, i will stick with what i have.

Our family pets are two dogs :)

This is Lady.
DSC_0413.jpg

She's 12 years old, and a Pitbull terrier, Shepherd, Chow chow mix. She'smucho sweet.
(She is getting a bit ornery lately, though. She almost bit me and my mom a couple days ago.)
We've had her since she was really little.. both of her ears used to be floppy, then one went up and one stayed floppy.. and now they're both up. She's got the colour of a chow chow, the body shape and stance of a pitbull, a curly tail like a chow chow, a black spot on her tongue like a chow chow, pointy ears like a shepherd, and a snout like a shepherd. She's so miss-matched, lol.
And all that white on her face and legs are all from old age, she used to be all red-tan.

This is Kiba.
DSC_0452.jpg

He's turning.. three this year I think. He's a black and tan Shiba Inu.Lady doesn'tget along withbig dogs, so we had to get one that wouldn't be too big (we wanted a newfoundland, but my dad didn't want a "horse" running around the house). He is bigger than a normal Shiba Inu though. He's 53 lbs, and normal Shiba Inus are around 30 lbs. And his tail isn't as bushy as a Shiba Inu.. I don't think he's a purebred. The thing is, I fell in love with him when I saw him in.. dundundunnn... Petland. Yes, we got this boy from Petland. I know, it's horrible, and we never planned on it, but as soon as my dad held him, he brought him home. And he's turned out to be a WONDERFUL dog, besides the fact he's terrified of like anyone he doesn't know, except for a select few, and children. He LOVES children, and that's what we wanted. He's such a good boy, and I love him tons. I do not regret getting him, but I wish it hadn't been from Petland.

Then there is MY pets.. no. My BABIES! ;D

This is Solara, my first bun.
DSC_0754.jpg

She'll be one year old on September 8 of this year. :) I had been wanting a bunny since I took care of a wild one (Without handling the bun, and we released her soon after) and I was going to adopt a4 year oldblack otter nether;land dwarf.. well it didn't work out. We bought all the stuff, and with a sickening feeling, we realised she'd been adopted right before we could get to the humane society. But my Aunt Corey called Michigan Humane Society and asked if they had any friendly buns (cause a mini-lop JUST bit me hard enough to leave an instant bruise, and I hadn't done anything wrong, so I was scared) and we found Solara :) She's been with us ever since, and she's a complete brat, but I love her!

This is Sabriel, my second bun.
DSC_0764.jpg

He'll be one year old on September 25 of this year. :) I had heard about a rabbit adoption event the day before Easter. I planned to get another bunny, cause I wanted Solara to have a friend, but my mom didn't. I really wanted to look at this New Zealand named Stewart (who is sadly still at the Humane Society currently..) cause I knew he was big, but my mom was like "Hold this one, he is so cute!" So I held him, and he was really calm. We took him into a pen and he licked my leg! So we adopted him, and easily bonded him with Solara :)

Here is them together ;D
DSC_0742.jpg

But yeah. I want a cat.. so bad. But my parents won't let me ):
So I always pet the neighbour's cat when he comes over. XD

Hmm...I have:

22 snakes (with 12 eggs in the incubator)
3 frogs
2 lizards
1 dog
1 cat
1 20gal aquarium of fish

The breakdown of types of pets:

6.3 Corn snakes (Drake, Dagonet, Indiana, Finnegan, Quetzal, Pantalaimon. Lyra, Tanith, Aphrodite.)
0.1 Hog Island boa (Bella)
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow boa (Norbert)
3.1 Milk snakes (Stormcrow, Veil, Ares. Athena.)
1.1 Ball pythons (Ovid. Jasmine.)
1.0 Red Tail boa (Asmodaeus)
0.1 Kenyan Sand boa (Sandy)
1.1 Rat snakes (Sebastian. Luna.)
1.0 Dusky Pygmy rattlesnake (Baliss)

0.0.2 Firebelly toads (Phoenix & Pyro)
1.0 Golden tree frog (Oro)

1.0 Brown anole (Oliver)
1.0 Bearded dragon (Zeddicus)

1.0 Papillon (Legend)
0.1 "mutt" cat (Jaylan)

Lots of fish (guppies mostly)

Haha Daeny..only you would post in it reptile form..

If anyone doesn't know what those stand for...

1.0.0 means you have 1 male
0.1.0 means you have 1 female
0.0.0 means you ahve one unsexed
lol!

I am planning on adding 1 more bun, and MAYBE my show bun..

Then I want about 3 milksnakes...a hondouran ghost, albino nelson, and whatever catches my eye ;)

I really love Rainbow boas; but they get too large. I promised myself no reptiles that can eat my babies! Plus, milksnakes own my heart.

I do also plan on extending my leopard geckos by at least 2 females and 1 male..at least.

I would also liked to get a breeding trio of African Fat Tails

And maybe 1 more crested gecko...so that is 10 more! D:

hmm

3 female mice
3 male buns
1 cat

will add....1 female bun. maybe 1 female cat that lives at my parents thats mine

Did you get your mice Brenda? When?! Photos! lol

I am not married..but my live in boyfiend is def a pet to clean up after :p

I have:
2 dogs (Kara and Bree)
4 rabbits (Korr, Lillian, Ginny, Amelia)
2 Gerbils (Lincoln, Sara)

At one point I had 7 gerbils and 4 fish and long with the 2 dogs and 3 rabbits (at the time).

I have 3 mammals: Fiona & Timmy and our 14 year old golden retriever, Missy.
I also have a 20 gallon freshwater tank with a good number of fish and an insane number of snails.

Latest posts

Back