How many pets do you have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW some of you guys have alot of pets, very cool!

I have 2 bunnies, Sophie boy and Bentley, 2 cats Tori and Cali.

I noticed some of you have Beta fish, I have a question for you. I'm a pet sitter so I'm taking care of this client that has a dog, cat, 3 bunnies, hamster, frog and a Beta fish. The Beta and Frogs bowls were disgusting when I first started the job so I filled bowls of water and cleaned them the next day. My question is the Beta is in a very small bowl almost like the ones they sell them in. I know it's horrible and want to know it they live long in that small 'vase.' Thanks for your help and will relay it to the owner to do something if it helps the poor fishy.

Ooh wow.. Where do I even begin! I'm going to list them out and then we'll count them.. lol

I have:

Five Dogs:

||Chezney - Saint Bernard || Osgood - Cavachon || Datsyuk - Cavachon ||Madison - Pembroke Welsh Corgi || Nova - Collie/Shepherd Mix ||

[align=left]FourINSIDE Cats:

||Skitz (Skittles) || Sneakers || Shadow || Sasha ||[/align]
[align=left]Seven OUTSIDE Cats:[/align]
[align=left]|| Dingo Dingo II || 7th Street || JoJo || Mr. Pickles || Marmalade || Tiger || Mittens ||[/align]
[align=left]Eighteen Chickens:[/align]
[align=left]|| No Names ||[/align]
[align=left]One Duck:
|| Bert - Muscovy||[/align]
[align=left]Three Goats:[/align]
[align=left]|| CleCle - Nubian Cross || Lilly - Nubian || Cow - Pygmy ||[/align]
[align=left]Twenty-Four Rabbits: [/align]
[align=left]|| Not Naming them all ||[/align]
[align=left]|| Harlequins || Rhinelanders || Silver Martens || Flemish Giants || Mini Lops ||[/align]
[align=left]Six Horses:[/align]
[align=left]|| Vegas - Paint || Bucknuts - Bucksin ||Cini - Paint Mini|| Thunder - Paint Mini || Diablo - Bay Mini || LuLu - Chesnut Mini ||[/align]
[align=left]One Dwarf Hamster:[/align]
[align=left]|| Tango ||[/align]
[align=left]One Hermit Crab:[/align]
[align=left]|| Fred ||[/align]

[align=left]So.. All together, I have.. 70 pets. -faints-[/align]

[align=left]I love living on a farm though.. It's great <3 I love all the animals that I see come in and go.[/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=center][/align]

THIS should be fun haha

I have WAY too many animals to count...

Mine alone are..

6 buns (4 Cali's 2 ND's) (Rosie, Jax, Ruby. Zsa Zsa, Chance, and No name)

1 1/2 Horses (Pregnant Horse) (Blaze and Foal)

1 Dog (Maltese/Rat terrier) (Scout)

1 Cat (Evil) (Lucy)

2 Hamsters (Robo Dwarf Hamsters) (Pip and Squeak)

1 Sheep (Hampshire/Suffolk) (Sheepy or Dizzy)

1 Calf (Brahma) (Artimis)

1 Pony (Shetland) (Lizzie)

And as a FAMILY we have

6 buns (ND's and Cali's) (Jax, Rosie, Ruby, No Name, Zsa Zsa, and Chance)

4 1/2 horses (Shelby, Tawny, Blaze, Sahara, and Foal)

1 calf (Brahma) (Artimis)

1 sheep (Hampshire/Suffolk) (Sheepy or Dizzy)

2 hamsters (Robo Dwarf Hampsters) (Pip and Squeak)

1 pony (Shetland) (Lizzie)

2 dogs (Sibby Husky/Chow Chow, Piper) (Maltese/Rat Terrier, Scout)

1 cat (Evil) (Lucy)

and approximately 70,000 chickens

I love living on a farm btw :biggrin:

Myia09 wrote:
Haha Daeny..only you would post in it reptile form..

If anyone doesn't know what those stand for...

1.0.0 means you have 1 male
0.1.0 means you have 1 female
0.0.1 means you ahve one unsexed
lol!

I am planning on adding 1 more bun, and MAYBE my show bun..

Then I want about 3 milksnakes...a hondouran ghost, albino nelson, and whatever catches my eye ;)

I really love Rainbow boas; but they get too large. I promised myself no reptiles that can eat my babies! Plus, milksnakes own my heart.

I do also plan on extending my leopard geckos by at least 2 females and 1 male..at least.

I would also liked to get a breeding trio of African Fat Tails

And maybe 1 more crested gecko...so that is 10 more! D:
Reptile form is a lot easier :p

And just to tempt you....my ghost honudran ;)

34046_438879430738_730150738_5756064_4646004_n.jpg

AHH I FORGOT MY BETTA FISH! Aww how could I!? He's my fishy baby and does not deserve to be lumped in with the fish in the tank...he's too smart and pretty for them D:

1.0 betta - Caspian II (Caspian I died)

So....not counting the fish in the tank or the corn snake eggs that are incubating (we're not keeping them) I have a total of 30 animals ^_^

Currently I have

1 dog Phoenix my pride and joy

1 cat Boss my husband pride and joy

2 Bunnies Storm and Jessi my other pride and joys

2 Beta fish Fire and Ice a couple dozen feeder fish Guppies in the tanks with the bettas.

5 foster kittens that go back to the shelter in a couple of weeks.

So that make 4 mammals and 2 fish permeant. A open door of foster kittens.

Forum always makes me feel better...I had a farm upbringing but it's different in the city!

Flash wrote:
My question is the Beta is in a very small bowl almost like the ones they sell them in. I know it's horrible and want to know it they live long in that small 'vase.' Thanks for your help and will relay it to the owner to do something if it helps the poor fishy.

They actually prefer a smaller more crowded bowl... I thought the same thing about them needing more room at first. I transferred mine into a big bowl and he stopped swimming and hid at the bottom all the time :( So I did a little reseach and found that they like the tiny bowls. He is much happier now that he is back in his smaller bowl with a plant to hide behind :)

I have three dogs.
One dog named Toffee, a terrier mix who is 11 and getting slow :( She is female.
I got a springer spaniel named Tara. She is 6 years old.
A Jack russell terrier named Cody who is a neutered male. He is 10months old.

I own four cats.
A neutered sliver tabby male named Jay. Hes three
A neutered ginger and white male names Miller. Hes two
A spayed ginger and white female named Roxy. She is three.
A ginger neutered male named Bambi. Hes one.
*Miller and Roxy are sister and brother

I have three ponies.
They are all shetland ponies.
A chestnut 3 year old filly. Named Ruby. Though I thinks shes a shetland crossed with a welsh.
A bay 2 year old female with the name of Gealach. Its irish for moon as she was born on a full moon so we were told lol.
A black one year old gelding/colt named Jack.
*Jack and Gealach are brother and sister, I have them since april.

I own one rabbit.. for now :p
He is 8month old sable marten rabbit. I have him for about 10 weeks now.

I got one guinea pig.. Also for now :p
He is 4 months and a beige argente. I have him for three weeks :)

As you all can see I got alot of animals. Might I add all are indoors except for the horses of course, though one does like to come in the odd time to the kitchen door for a carrot :p Oh and like I said, I still not done.. Adding to my crew soon :)

Ruby03 wrote:
Flash wrote:
My question is the Beta is in a very small bowl almost like the ones they sell them in. I know it's horrible and want to know it they live long in that small 'vase.' Thanks for your help and will relay it to the owner to do something if it helps the poor fishy.

They actually prefer a smaller more crowded bowl... I thought the same thing about them needing more room at first. I transferred mine into a big bowl and he stopped swimming and hid at the bottom all the time :( So I did a little reseach and found that they like the tiny bowls. He is much happier now that he is back in his smaller bowl with a plant to hide behind :)
Alisha; that is actually incorrect. he probably swamed to the bottom because it was a bowl and didn't have good water quaility. In the wilde they actually have large territories. If you click on the link I provided; they give great info and history. :)

Daenerys wrote:
Myia09 wrote:
Haha Daeny..only you would post in it reptile form..

If anyone doesn't know what those stand for...

1.0.0 means you have 1 male
0.1.0 means you have 1 female
0.0.1 means you ahve one unsexed
lol!

I am planning on adding 1 more bun, and MAYBE my show bun..

Then I want about 3 milksnakes...a hondouran ghost, albino nelson, and whatever catches my eye ;)

I really love Rainbow boas; but they get too large. I promised myself no reptiles that can eat my babies! Plus, milksnakes own my heart.

I do also plan on extending my leopard geckos by at least 2 females and 1 male..at least.

I would also liked to get a breeding trio of African Fat Tails

And maybe 1 more crested gecko...so that is 10 more! D:
Reptile form is a lot easier :p

And just to tempt you....my ghost honudran ;)

34046_438879430738_730150738_5756064_4646004_n.jpg

AHH I FORGOT MY BETTA FISH! Aww how could I!? He's my fishy baby and does not deserve to be lumped in with the fish in the tank...he's too smart and pretty for them D:

1.0 betta - Caspian II (Caspian I died)

So....not counting the fish in the tank or the corn snake eggs that are incubating (we're not keeping them) I have a total of 30 animals ^_^
*dies* You are so lucky!

Thank you for this thread! It makes me feel less alone for sharing our home with a variety of critters. :)

We have 13...

3 House Rabbits
3 Ratties +1 foster
2 Inside Cats
2 Guinea Pigs
1 Hamster
1 Crested Gecko
1 Betta Fish

Myia09 wrote:
Ruby03 wrote:
Flash wrote:

Alisha; that is actually incorrect. he probably swamed to the bottom because it was a bowl and didn't have good water quaility. In the wilde they actually have large territories. If you click on the link I provided; they give great info and history. :)
this is the link I used... they are native to shallow, mashy waters... My Betta is happy in his gallon bowl...

http://www.siamsbestbettas.com/intro.html

"The betta can live comfortably in only enough water to cover it. "

Do not agree with that statement at all from the link you posted. They can survive such conditions, but will they be comfortable? No. The rice paddies they inhabit are not that shallow, nor is the water muddy all year long. There is natural filtration. As you can see, the habitat is also expansive. Providing lots of swimming room.

Bali%20Rice%20Paddy.jpg

It's a common myth people believe that betta's are comfortable or enjoy tiny bowls.

For more myths and learn the truth, please visit this link below. :)

http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=17970

My guy is in a gallon tank with foliage, which is a lot bigger than the cup he came in... He did not seem happy and would not eat in the larger space... I guess my guy is a rarity. I apologize for any miss information. I certainly do not condone improper care of pets of any kind.

:bunny22:

My betta is in a gallon bowl as well....but I hope to move him to a 2.5 or a 5 gallon tank with plants after I finish moving into our new apartment. He seems happy enough in his bowl though, he eats well (like a pig) and gets weekly water changes.

Back