How did you think of your rabbit's name?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! atleast she is admitting it!! I think you should admit to something equally embarassing JimD!;)

I cant believe you had never heard of Bambi/Thumper! I hope you have watched it now!!

Yes, I have and I think it's a shame I didn'tsee it as a child- I think I would have appreciated it a lot more then.Still, Bambi 2 is out now, so maybe there'll be something new in therefor me and the fluff ball!

Bambi terrified me as a child, I thought it wasa really scary movie. Looking back at it now, I still think it is quiteodd in a eerie sort of way. I still can't believe you hadn't heard ofthe movie! :) Love the part about how cute you two were waiting to getyour bunny.

New Guys:

Dallas Jinx Jones. He was named Dallas by the rescue and we thoughtwe should keep it. We wanted to call him DJ so we thought of names. Wecame up with that.

Elvis Aaron I looked at him and he screamed Elvis. Turns out we areright. He thinks he is a king and demands attention like the firstking.

JadeIcing wrote:
Hmm...

Ringo Starr is a funny thing. Ringo is japanese for apple. I thought itwas funny cause of Gwen Paltrow daughter Apple Martin. Starr is fromanother soap. Its the daughter of one of my fave characters. We weren'tsure if he was a boy or a girl.

Samantha Jane came to us as smokey. I like animals to have names.Samantha is a character on General Hospital. She isacharacter who has gone through alot but keeps going.Whodoesn't give up. That's my Sam. She had a rough start but is still afighter at heart. Jane is from another soap.

Connor Grayson was PandoraGabrielle(two characters in theVampire Chronicles) to ConnorGrayson. For a few days tillwe figureditouthe was Comando Pando.Connor isSuperboy's name and Grayson is the last name to the first Robin nowNightwing Dick Grayson.

Teresa Mekare Teresa is an author who I love.Mekare is a also from the Vampire Chronicles.

HI everyone. I'm new here. We have 2bunnies but they are really my DD's. I'm just a grandma bunner. Ourbunners are named Bunns and Ruby Tuesday.

We got Bunns from the pet store when he was a baby bunners and to me hejust looked like a "Bunns." CaityMac, my DD was going to namehim "Butters' from South Park. I'm not a South Park fan and wasn't realcrazy for that name. Thankfully she Bunns too. I can'tremember if he has a middle name. All of our other pets do.

Ruby Tuesday was an animal shelter adoption and was named"Hugz." We started looking for names after we adopted her. Itoo love human names for pets. We found Ruby and liked it. We addedTuesday since we adopted her on a Tuesday and after the Rolling Stonessong. Send

Well, when I got Harper 2 years ago, he was 5-6months old and didn't have a name. I worked at a horrible pet store andhe was ordered (by another employee, of course)as snake foodfor a customer's 16 foot burmese python. The guy was supposed to comein that same evening to pick him up. We were supposed to call him whenthe rabbit arrived.The rabbitarrived that morning.I went to my manager (who hates rabbits) and told him the rabbit wastaking up space and that if the customer didn't come by that evening,could I just take it off his hands (this was all just a ploy, of course;)). He said absolutely. So I went into the animal room, slipped thecustomer's number in my pocket, and they never found his number thateveningto call him. I took Harper home that night, and theguy called the next day for his rabbit. Oh well, too late. :cool:

I wanted to name him something special, so I looked into a pet namebook. Harper was one of the first names I saw, so I picked it. No ideawhy really, it just stuck. Everyone tells me he looks like a 'Harper'though.

Thumper is a blind rescue who's 4 years old. Someone droppedhimoff back inFeb.at our rabbit rescue Ivolunteer for. After her FIVE kids, all under the age of 10 (!!!), gottired of toting him around and poking him with things, she gave him up.They had originally named him Thumper, but being blind, he knew hisname and comes to it when called. So obviously I couldn't change it,even though I really wanted to.

Chance was dropped off at the pound about 5 weeks ago by someone whofound him wandering their yard. The pound called the rescue, and I wentto pick him up that same day. He was covered in matts and urine scald,lethargic, and solid pale. After a vet visit, he was found to have aton of kidney problems, among other things, and you'll find thosestories around on the board.

Inamed him Chance because we (me and everyone at the rescue)felt I was giving him a Second Chance at life. My friend wanted to namehim Chance because she felt he didn't stand a 'chance' at surviving. Myreasons for naming him Chance are more positive. :cool:

When we first got Ella she was named Bunni byher previous owners, but when we adopted her my girlfriend, a musicteacher, decided to re-name her after the jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald.Though most of the time we call her Ella Bunni,which she responds to more than either name alone.

Drizzle: Well at first I thought he was a she(thank you pet store for screwing up that one!). He's Chin in color, soI was thinking cute names like Cloudy and Dusty. My boyfriend (nowhusband) thought they were all stupid. That evening, we were quotingsome lines from the show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," and the one from myfav episode"SuperHero". TheShake (who is actually agiant talkingmilkshake...I know it's weird)in theshow is promoting himself as the superhero called The Drizzle (and he'strying to tell everyone it'snot him, but it's prettyobvious)! He even makes promotional materials for himself!
who_is_the_drizzle.jpg

I said the line that's on that poster "Who is the Drizzle?" And 'she'stood up on 'her' hind legs! My husband said "THAT's the name!" And HEwas known from that moment on as THE DRIZZLE!

IMG_0966.jpg

Latte: Well we were trying to do something w/ his coloring. I came upw/ Mocha, Creme, Opal, Dusty,Baccardi, Blanco, Blizzard,Casper, Chalky, Frosty,Marshmellow, Polar, Powder, Snowy(there were some other ones but I can't remember). And my husband said,what about Latte? And that was that!

I wanted to give my rabbit a perfect, beautifulname. I even have a list of names in a notebook. (I had wanted a petfor 7 years) I tried 10 different names, and NOTHING seemed to fit.Then one day out on the couch, she peed on me for the 4th time. Ilooked at my BF and said, "She sure is a TinkleBunny, isn't she?" Istarted calling her The TinkleBunny and it just stuck. Iwouldcall her "rabbit" then it turned to "meebit" and "beebit" and finally"BeeBo"

So TinkleBunny is her formal name but I mostly call her BeeBo.

So much for that great name. :dunno:

~Star~

Oh and "Fanny" means butt here in the states, I didn't know it ment anything else until recently. :blushan:

Let's see....Scooby-Doo (aka Scooby,Scoobs, Scoobly-Doobly)...my sweet little boy who was lost duringsurgery :(...he was actually named by my son. I had been humming andhawing for an entire day, not able to think up a suitable name for thissweet little guy, and finally I asked my son to help. He said, 'Oh,that's easy. Call him Scooby-Doo!' and then he grinned. I rolled myeyes and scoffed, 'Well, you're no help!'. Scooby-Doo is my (24-yr-old)son's favorite animated character, and I thought the name soundeddownright silly for a rabbit. But for the rest of the evening I foundmyself inadvertently refering to the new guy as 'Scooby'...and it stuck.

new123Small.jpg

Anna
...not much of a story to tell here...she came 'pre-named'. AndI find it suits her very much. :) ***Edited to include Anna's othernames...AnnaBanana, AnnaDanna, AnnaDannaBobana... ;)

annalazingSmall.jpg

And last (but never ever least) there's Raph. When Ipurchased him from the breeder, his name was Cletus. I knew I'd bechanging his name immediately, as he didn't feel like a 'Cletus' to meat all. Aside from having a little blue ND mix a few yearsago, I hadn't owned a rabbit in many years. So when I decided that Iwanted to have a rabbit once again, I opted to find an English lop, abreed I'd always admired. And I also decided that I'd like to give therabbit a rather spiritual name, given a number of events that hadhappened in my life a few years earlier...including going through asudden (literally...overnight) spiritual awakening. One of the thingsthat happened to me during that transformation was my personaldiscovery that angels really did exist. And so when I decided to findan English lop - partly for my own physical healing process - I toyedwith the idea of naming it after an angel.

When 'Cletus' arrived in Ottawa and I saw him for the first time,sitting in his carrier at the baggage terminal, I was stunned. Staringout at me from behind the wire door was the most intensely soulful eyeI'd ever seen. I was mesmerized by him, and in that moment I felt themost incredible connection. It was one of the more remarkable momentsin my life. On the way home he sat in his carrier in the back seat ofthe car and my niece Emily was sitting next to it. She was so excited,asking me over and over, 'What are you going to name him Aunt Di?' andshe kept tossing names at me. But I sat there silently and just'listened'...and from somewhere inside I heard his name whispered tome...Raphael. It was perfect. Archangel Raphael is known as the angelof healing, and Raph has certainly done much of that with me from themoment he entered my life. He has also taught me much about healing inother respects as well...including personal inner soul healing throughhaving to care for another. So that's how Raphael...Raph...got hisname. Only I don't think I really came up with it on my own...I thinkhe told me what it was, in his own way.

eyeSmall2.jpg

Korr- I used to playneopets and I got a cybunny form the pound. his name was Korrailli. Ithought it was a pretty name. So i used to for Korr

Sophie- I got her from the humane society and they had named herPatch, needless to say it needed to be changed. I had recently seen TheIllusionist. The heroine was Sophie and I really liked that was it wassaid. I considered other names for her but none seemed right and wetook her to the vet and she needed a name.

Mocha and Spice were accidental litters that myfriend had. They were born exactly 4 weeks apart so we decided to nameall 18 babies after some sort of food as their parents were Nibs, CocoPuffs, and Jellybean was their dad. Mocha was the only brown onein the litter and he reminded me of milk and coffee so he got MochaChino as his name. Spice had an identical looking sibling thatwe could only tell apart becausethe otherwas agirl. So they got the names Sugar and Spice.

Zoey's namecame out of no where. Iheard thename on TV and thought it would be cute so I tried it while I waslooking at other names and it stuck before I even found another name Iliked. Zoey means life and she is sure full of life so it is suiting!

Reese was named Venus when I got her but my parents would neverremember that and'Venus and Spice' just did not sound right.I've always loved the name Reese and she her orange color with tortingreminds me of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and her overall color reallydid remind me of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard.

My first rabbit was a mini Rex so we named himRex. After he died we got a dutch rabbit who is still alive today andis a girl so I named her Rexie after him. A couple years after gettingher we got another mini rex who was lilac color so we named her lily.She is sadly no longer with us. As for my newest addition her name isCinnabun. We couldn't figure out a name but we ended up naming herbasically after a candle, we loved the smell plus the food is awesomeand she looks like one! :)

Bangbang originally was named "Smudge" by the lady who found her and she also though she was a he...
Then she came to me and I called her Hippo, as she reminded me of one ;)...
However a few weeks last my sister arrived home from living in Indo forthe last few years, President Sisulu Bangbang Yudhoyono was inpower...
Somehow and to this day I don't know how it happened Hippo turned into Bangbang... and well it fits!

Bangbang originally was named "Smudge" by the lady who found her and she also though she was a he...
Then she came to me and I called her Hippo, as she reminded me of one ;)...
However a few weeks last my sister arrived home from living in Indo forthe last few years, President Sisulu Bangbang Yudhoyono was inpower...
Somehow and to this day I don't know how it happened Hippo turned into Bangbang... and well it fits!
The real story is how my Guinea Pig ended up with the name EndoplasmicReticulum ... and your right us Aussies to shorten/change words...

Endoplasmic Reticulum- Endo
Bangbang- Bangas
Lucy- Lu

Oberon's name in the shelter was Abercrombie,but Angieluv asked me to change that because it didn't fit him atall. I thought he needed a noble name. I decided onOberon, who is the King of Fairies in A Midsummer Night's Dream in thehope that he would be the lord of my fairies.:D

naturestee wrote:
Mocha was named by myhubby, because she was mocha-brown and hyper. She was almostnamed Espresso but it didn't feel right.

I named Loki. He was originally named Rascal but it didn'tfit him. My other choice was Galileo because of the IndigoGirls song and I'm a science geek, but I thought the trickster godsuited him better and it does.

I named Fey before I even saw her. The guy gave me a quickdescription on the phone and then I just decided that her name was Feybecause she was a sweet, wild, magical thing. I had an imageof her in my head that she completely lived up to. I'mconvinced that she was meant to be with me.

So then Sprite needed a name, and I wanted it to match. I wasthinking of Kodama from Princess Mononoke because she looks a bit likethem, but the name didn't sound right on her. So I named herSprite because she was a tiny little naughty fairy.

Their names were originally Flopsy and Mopsy (hooray for individuality)but their owner didn't even know who was supposed to be who.

Gracie-Lou Freebush came from the alias SandraBullocks character, Grace Heart, took on when she went undercover as abeauty queen in Miss Congeniality. I just thought the namewas funny, bit cheeseballey and with a slight country twang

Freckle was easy, he has a freckle (tan spot) by his nose :)

With Toast, I wanted to say some strange word as a name just to gethubby's reaction, and toast popped into my head, and I just liked ittoo much that that was IT! :)

Hubby named Popcorn. Not sure why, other than Popcorn is one of hisfavorite foods (his other is Chili but we have a horse named that)

And Butterfly took me awhile to name, she had several names until Ithought up Butterfly... not sure how, but it fits her well I think.

Jessi

Back