How did you think of your rabbit's name?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ronnie is technically my brother's rabbit, so he named him after Ronald Reagan.

With Sky it was totoally random. I went to the petstore, butdidn't get her imidiatly. Then I decided that if I got her Iwould name her Skyler if she were a boy, and Sky if she were agirl. So I probably need to change my avie, but 'Skyler' and'Ronnie' have the same amont of letters. Skyler is the nameof a guy in the first book-on-tape I listened to. Now Ilisten to them all the time so I can draw while I am doingit. Her color is called blue I think, so a blue sky with astar, so I guess it is at dusk. My dad was like "A gray sky?How depressing, I am going to call her fluffmeister" So that is anickname. She also has Flufferonomus. Ronnie is always called Ronnie.

Ookpik is the Inuktitutword for Snowy Owlor Arctic Owl. Ookpiks were little owl figurines made from seal skin and were trademarked by the gov't of Canada in the 60's and were "the symbol of Canada."My bf and Ichose the name while we were watching a documentary about Canadaback when Iwas just considering a rabbit. When the part about Ookpiks came up, we laughed and said that'd be a good name for my rabbit. Then the part about "Cheemo" (was supposed to be the Canadian word for "hello" I dunno where they come up with this stuff, weirdo's) came up, we decided that would be a good rabbit name to, but I haven't gotten another bun yet.

Here are some examples of Ookpiks, though the ones I remember had big round heads, no legsand little triangles of felt glued at the bottom for feet, but I couldn't find any pictures like that. But I wasn't born until'82, so maybe they changed since the 60's? I haven't seen an Ookpik in a store since I was little.

Souvenir1.jpg

ook.jpg

3024.jpg

My Ookpik:

~Diana & Ookpik

When we first got Ella she was namedBunni by her previous owners, but when we adopted her my girlfriend, amusic teacher, decided to re-name her after the jazz singer EllaFitzgerald. Though most of the time we call her Ella Bunni, which sheresponds to more than either name alone.

I really wanted to name my last child Eleanor and call her Ella forElla Fitzgerald. I'd have gone with Sarah for Sarah Vaughnbut Sara is my name and that might have been awkward. AnywayEleanor got shot down by the hubby and now she is Evelyn instead, namedafter noone in particular.

I want to wait to meet my bunny before naming him or her but I havesome ideas. Evelyn thinks we should name the bunny Sunflowerwhich I like, but I'm kinda hoping the bunny can pull off the namePendergast.

When I was a kid, my parents named all of our cats after actors& actresses so we had an Errol Flynn, Olivia deHavilland, BasilRathbone, and Katherine Hepburn.

Latest posts

Back