Hopping Through The Forest With Bunny Foo Foo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Night of the Living Dead is on! I love this movie.

Foo has been a little wacky tonight. She assaulted one of my cats tonight and she has been almost in the bottom of my pants every time I walk into the kitchen. I can also feel her staring at me from the gate. I don't know if its because she's going through a false pregnancy or because she's just nutty, but she makes me laugh. I'm about to bring her into the living room with me so she can get some cuddles. Hopefully, she won't be too crazy when I bring her to the couch!

I waited too long to edit the post from a little bit ago, so I had to make a new one. :/
I just wanted to share all the fur that Foo pulled out this morning. I took her blanket out of her cage and looked at it is sooo much! She got it from her butt area and her dewlap. She looks so much better now that she's gotten it all out though!

foosfur.jpg

Lol, crazy rabbit! just wants some loves :)

Definitely false pregnancy. At least there's less fur to molt now.

So after seeing that huge pile of fur Foo pulled out to make her nest, I felt really bad for her.
I felt like shes making this nest for something that will never come to live in it and it made me so sad.
With chickens, if something happens to the chicks with in the first day or so of hatching, you can get new day old chicks and put them under the hen and she'll usually accept the chicks as her own (even though they aren't).
But, with bunnies you can't just get a day old kit for her to mother, it doesn't work like that.

So I thought about what I could do for her. I remembered that some buns like stuffed animals, so I was thinking about what kind of small ones we have that my son doesn't really like. I found my little pink Victoria Secret dog, that they give you as a gift. So I gave that to her! She seems to like it. Its pretty well made, the seams seem pretty sturdy. The only problem I have with it, is its little feet have beans in them. It only feels like a few, but I may have to amputate his feet and sew them back up without beans! If she doesn't create a real connection to this little pink dog, then I'm going to get her another stuffed animal. Maybe a small bunny or something, so it will be like a baby.

I just feel so sad for her.

I bet Foo would love a stuffie! I felt bad for one of my rabbits too cause she can't be with the other buns, so I gave her a stuffed bunny and she started grooming it right away :) It was really cute! I was worried about the bean rhings too, that they put in some of the stuffed animals, so I made sure to pick one without those.

Aww that's cute I'm sure she will love the stuffed animal friend :) I know what you mean though about feeling bad for them. But shell be spayed soon and all will be well :)

Foo does love her stuffy! Its always right next to her. I feel like I should get her something furry though, since the dog isn't furry. Its just canvas (well, if any of your shop at victoria's secret, then you know what it looks like) but something furrier would keep her warmer I think.
But she does like this one.
Foo also doesn't like timothy hay anymore. I've noticed that when I put just timothy hay in her hay box, she doesn't really eat much of it. But when I put orchard grass and/or botanical hay in her box, she likes it so much more. I guess I'll have to start getting more orchard and botanical.

Oh and I was SO wrong about my chickens not loosing all their feathers at once. I went out and fed my chickens yesterday and my poor hen is almost bald. She is missing a huge patch on her chest and I can see her whole butt. Does anyone know how to knit a chicken sweater? The rooster looks like he's not too far from loosing all his feathers like that. I also just noticed that this one plant I thought had white fluffy flowers, was really feathers tangled up in the plant stem. Sometimes I'm oblivious to things. hahahaha.

A chicken sweater would be pretty easy to crochet If you can crochet :p

Just chain enough to fit around where you want it to start (neck, or under the wings) and then single or double crochet around, increasing as the poor girl gets fatter :p

CosmosMomma wrote:
A chicken sweater would be pretty easy to crochet If you can crochet :p

Just chain enough to fit around where you want it to start (neck, or under the wings) and then single or double crochet around, increasing as the poor girl gets fatter :p

Unfortunately I can't crochet. :(
I would like to learn, maybe I should google instructions.

I just cut up my coat. Its in a vest right now, and I'll be honest; it looks pretty awesome! But I'm going to continue to cut it up into squares and put the backing on it.
Its proving a little more difficult than I thought. I don't have a sewing machine, so I have to sew the backing on by hand. I'll have to finish when my son goes to bed, then I'll post some pictures of her new blankets and the chicken vest.

I hope Foo likes them! Would it be weird if I made a rabbit fur vest for a rabbit? Or more like a stole, just to go around her shoulders? hahahahaa.

I made her one little blanket out of my fur coat.
I put a backing on it and I let her get to know it while she was out of her cage. She started to groom it, and she was pulling the fur out of it.
She hasn't really been out of her cage since Friday night, I was really busy and tired all weekend. I'm going to let her get to know the fur blanket some more and try to get her to not pull the fur out anymore. She isn't eating it, she was pulling the fur out and putting it in the cat food bowl. ? I thought that was really weird. I just didn't want her to eat the fur, so I didn't put it in her cage.
I think she likes it, considering she was grooming it! hahaha. It was funny and kind of cute.

furcoat.jpg

^This is the fur coat, before being cut up.

fooonblanket1-1.jpg

^This is Foo on her new blanket.

fooonblanket2-1.jpg

^She would not cooperate with the pictures.

This blanket, is the sleeve on the coat. That's why its the shape that it is.
Like I said, once she stops pulling the fur out; then I'll make the other blankets for her.

How great Foo has a new blanket! And you found a use for the coat :) I winder if she can smell it was rabbit? She might be thoroughly confused by the whole thing! Lol

I wondered if she could smell it was once a rabbit too.
I'll be honest, its a little weird when i pet Foo then touch the blanket. They feel so similar! Foo is just softer.
Its just nice to be able to re-purpose some of the things in my house.

Foo was a happy bun last night. I went to the store to get a few things and I got her some goodies. She got a bunch of turnip greens and a bag of spring mix salad.
She went nuts over the spring mix. I didn't give her any turnip greens last night, just some green leaf lettuce, a bite of kale, some cilantro, and a handful of the spring mix. She was really happy!

I also have to share about my cat. Well, one of my cats. Smokey. I call her "Crazy cat" and she answers. hahaha.
I have an old lady tiny cat named Smedley. She is 12 years old and weighs like 3 pounds, just tiny. Smokey is about 15 lbs of big giant crazy.
Anyways, Smokey likes to hunt Smedley. She hunts her in the house, will hide under the couch and pounce on her. She'll get on the back of the couch and attack from up high. She is always hunting Smed.
This morning, I went out to put my son in the car and I heard this scuffle. I look over and Smokey is in prime pouncing position with the crazy eyes and Smed is hiding in my butterfly bush trying to avoid being seen.
I yelled at Smokey to shake her out of crazyland and got Smed in the house. Smed is terrified of her.
Why are cats so crazy?
Smokey is the super hunter though, she catches things all the time. She just caught a squirrel. That is some serious skill to catch a squirrel. They are so fast, and I was amazed when she brought it to the house. hahaha. So gross, I know, but I was in awe of the cat!

And, my son just ate some deer corn. I hope he's okay.
I guess I should be asking why are kids so crazy? LOL.

Foo and my kid have totally lost it today! Foo is eating cat food. She was behind my cat, chinning her and sniffing her. My cat finished eating and Foo went and chinned the bowl then ate the food! She was crunching the cat food!
I was shocked. She's never done that before. I got her her salad and she ate most of it, then went back for the cat food. Thats what I was confused by, because she went back. I figured maybe she just wanted to try it, now she's HOOKED!
I put the bowl up and now shes looking for the bowl.
Jenny brought up a good thought, there is corn in cat food, so thats probably what tastes good to her. As I thought about it, there is probably sweet sugary fillers in there too. So now the cat food is like bunny crack!

Then my son, is addicted to strawberry fig newtons (I don't like regular fig newtons). So after I'm talking to Foo about her addition to cat food, I hear this crinkle of a wrapper. Its my son, tearing his way into the fig newton package! I was like "AJ, what are you doing?" He just shook his head no, put the package down and put his hands over his face out of embarrassment for tearing into the packaging. He is so funny!

So I guess cat food=Foo Foo crack and strawberry fig newtons=AJ crack. What a strange day.

I went to the store tonight, pretty late. Got Foo some greens and such. I got her some cilantro, so she'll stop giving me the disapproving looks. She went two whole days without it and you would think I took her world away from her! hahaha.
She spent the whole day out yesterday, she seemed to be pretty happy. She slept on her dirty blankets in the floor, ate her salad out of her hide box and hopped around everywhere. She also ate some cat food, then moved to the dog food when I fed the dog. I don't know what was going on, but she was acting a little nutty. After I put the dog food bowl up, she was searching for it the way she was searching for the cat food bowl. So I guess now when she's out the other animals can't eat. hahaha.

My mom came over last night, so my husband could work on her car. She was in the kitchen and Foo was sleeping on her blanket. My mom went over to her and called her "a weird animal" then she pet her and melted! lol. She was like "oh she's so soft, oh my goodness!" My mom is so crazy! She did pet her for like 10 minutes though, Foo seemed to be in bun heaven.

That's crazy that she's eating the cat and dog food. I didn't think rabbits would touch anything with meat in it?!?

Latest posts

Back