Home Remedies for Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FreddysMom and Gypsy,

I do laugh when I think of what FreddysMom did to her boyfriend.

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

He went from this: :growl: :muscleman:

to

this: :tears2: :bigtears:

in a matter of seconds, but bless his "macho" heart, he tried to hide it.

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Buck Jones would sprinkle Dave's Insanity on food like we would sprinkle salt on a nice buttery, fresh piece of Corn on the Cob.

-Carolyn

:bump

i went searching and found this topic so i bumped it for the people that would find it helpful and interesting :D

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:

Hi, i just found this in my rabbitlopaedia so i thought i'd add it to this thread.

'Homopeopathic herbs

Blackberry of bramble-general tonic and also helpful in pregnancy disorders. It is supposed to help in the prevention of miscarriages, as are rasberry leaves.

Chives-general tonic and appetiser.

Wormwood and Rue-fly repellents. Boil the leaves and then sprinkle them around problem areas.

Pennyroyal- this is good for lungs anddust complaints. There is a tale, which i do not necessarily beleive, that humans used it for abortions, so be careful.

Tansy-a cure all.

Mint- supposedly good for infertility problems.

Thyme-good for chest complaints.

Parsley-a tonic. Bruised and steeped in vinegar it relieves mastitis.

Rosemary- a gerneral tonic for the reproductive system.

Sage- increases milk flow.

Coltsfoot- chesty colds.

Common Willow- this contains some asprin.'

i'd like to use the pennyroyal one for cairo to help with dust and stuff but it doesn't really say how you should administer it, do i just give a little bit to her??? or do you prepare it a certain way???

Wow...this thread should have stayed in the past....some of this is scary and clinically inappropriate. But to answer your question on itchy skin, it is a self resolving problem usually. But there are two things you can do. First, dry winter air will cause dry skin in rabbits the same as humans....and it's probably worse with the fleas. Revolution will take care of the fleas. If this is a house rabbit, check and increase the humidity in your house using a cool mist humdifier. This will also be beneficial to your family as well. I prefer cool mist over steam since the chances of bacteria growing is less with the cool water. You can also order a shampoo and conditioner online....and many vet clinics have it. It is called Epi-Soothe and comes in two parts....a shampoo and skin conditioner. Made especially for skin issues in veterinary issues. It is not expensive. It is very effective but gentle enough for that delicate rabbit skin....and smells great.

http://www.virbacvet.com/virbac_dermatology/product/epi_soothe_shampoo/

http://www.virbacvet.com/virbac_dermatology/product/epi_soothe_cream_rinse/

Randy

My vet gave us some Humilac to spray on Frida's itchy, dry areas that weren't from mites. It's made by Virbac as well.

Thanks TonyShuman! Will give it a try. By the way, I really appreciate your input in the past with my Twinkles and Bon Bon. Your advice was priceless. I feel bad I did not personally thank you. Twinkles, Bon Bonand I

Thank You for helping to save my bunnies!!!:hugsquish:

Latest posts

Back