Home Remedies for Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW wecan get Daves Insanity sauce here atthe local market , noshortageof it either ,

Warning!! anyone with heart problemsor Breathing problemsUSE caution!!! , do not applyto hands fingers mouth or noseIT will burn , I also shouldmention IF you should get it onyour hannds please washimmediately with any grease / oil cuttingsoap , if it gets into mucus membranes itwill burn to blisters , it isvery painfull .

One drop is more than enough in mostrecipies , My daughter had the hairbrained Idea to use 2 bottles to10 lbs of chicken wings ,needless to say even theheartiest couldnt eat thewings we ended up putting it inhte fireplace so as noanimal would get into it .

Oh yeah . . . I also use corn starch and white vinegar to remove stains, it works great!!

Put the white vinegar on the stain, rub it around some, then put somecornstarch on it, comb it a bit and then rub it off, worse stains maytake a couple times.

Qadoshyah

Kricket wrote:
[size=+1]Dandelion
[/size]
[size=+1]"Dandelion is an excellent food given fresh inunlimited quantities. Fermenting or wilted plants can cause bloat.Dandelions are one of the most nutritious food plants for rabbits.Being rich in protien and poor in fiber. The digestibility percentageis high at an estimated 70%. Well known for it's curative powers. Thebitter milky sap stimulates the working of all glands, including themilk glands of lactating does. The plant has both laxative andastringent qualities and regulates constipation and diarrhea.

[/size][size=+1]Dandelion is good for many things in people and can beused for rabbits with these problems also: preventing osteoporosis (forthe old bunny), bladder infections, lactating, liver problems,swelling, tonsilitis, warts, and pneumonia.

[/size][size=+1]I feed alot of Dandelion every day, especially to mybabies and they just love it, but you have to be careful because thatis all that they will want and won't eat their pellets. So I limit itto a few small handfuls a day." Cheryl

[/size]
Wow i just thought it is a nice healthy treat for them ididn't realise it was that good, i'll have to get picking!! lol, thanks.

Gypsy,

You're not kidding about using caution when you handle Dave's Insanity. :shock:

I had sprinkled it on a towel and then polished my furniture with out using gloves. When I got done, not thinking, and without washing my hands, I rubbed my face and pushed back my hair with both hands.

Ouch!

I seriously felt like my face was on fire. Make that mistake once and you'll never do it again. I really felt like a layer of my skin was burning off. No matter how much water I put on my face, it wouldn't' put out the fire'. I just had to deal. Folks definitely don't want to witness that.

Buck could eat the hottest jalapeno and hot sauces. He sprinkled Dave's Insanity on his food like it was salt going on buttered corn on the cob. His picture is the wall at one restaurant that is notorious for a very hot and spicy dish. No one had ever been able to get throug heating it - especially at it's "extreme" level of spice except for Buck. Helen said the chef came out in total amazement as he watched Buck eat the food without even breaking into a sweat.

-Carolyn

************""Buck could eat the hottest jalapeno and hot sauces. He sprinkled Dave's Insanity on his food like it was salt going on buttered corn on the cob. His picture is the wall at one restaurant that is notorious for a very hot and spicy dish. Noone had ever been able to get through eating it - especially at it's"extreme" level of spice except for Buck. Helen said the chef came out in total amazement as he watched Buck eat the food without even breaking into a sweat. ""*************

I have a Brother in Law and a Son in Law like that hehehehe Till I grew some Super Chilies oneyear lol them little peppersare genetically close to theOrnamental Peppers that are dangerous to eat .

I had both of them Whining like little girls afterthefirst bite lol . but gofigure Both of them JuST had to have a baggie of them to take home .:disgust:

*laughs with gypsy*

Lunatics! :disgust:

I'm 98% certain that the name of the place that Buck's picture is onthe wall is called, "Cluck You". Will have to check with 'The Missus'to find out what state it's in.

-Carolyn

Hi, i just found this in my rabbitlopaedia so i thought i'd add it to this thread.

'Homopeopathic herbs

Blackberry of bramble-general tonic and also helpful in pregnancy disorders. It is supposed to help in the prevention of miscarriages, as are rasberry leaves.

Chives-general tonic and appetiser.

Wormwood and Rue-fly repellents. Boil the leaves and then sprinkle them around problem areas.

Pennyroyal- this is good for lungs anddust complaints. There is a tale, which i do not necessarily beleive, that humans used it for abortions, so be careful.

Tansy-a cure all.

Mint- supposedly good for infertility problems.

Thyme-good for chest complaints.

Parsley-a tonic. Bruised and steeped in vinegar it relieves mastitis.

Rosemary- a gerneral tonic for the reproductive system.

Sage- increases milk flow.

Colts foot- chesty colds.

Common Willow- this contains some asprin.'

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Hi, i just found this in my rabbitlopaedia so i thought i'dadd it to this thread.

'Homopeopathic herbs

Blackberry of bramble-general tonic and also helpful in pregnancydisorders. It is supposed to help in the prevention of miscarriages, asare rasberry leaves.

Chives-general tonic and appetiser.

Wormwood and Rue-fly repellents. Boil the leaves and then sprinkle them around problem areas.

Pennyroyal- this is good for lungs anddust complaints. Thereis a tale, which i do not necessarily beleive, that humans used it forabortions, so be careful.

Tansy-a cure all.

Mint- supposedly good for infertility problems.

Thyme-good for chest complaints.

Parsley-a tonic. Bruised and steeped in vinegar it relieves mastitis.

Rosemary- a gerneral tonic for the reproductive system.

Sage- increases milk flow.

Coltsfoot- chesty colds.

Common Willow- this contains some asprin.'
Keep in mind also these are notonly good for Rabbits , most of thesewith the exception of Worm wood are safeto use by humans also . Tansy ina tea makes for wonderfullrelief of chest colds . samewith coltsfoot but be very carefull with thisherb it can be dangerous .

PennyRoyal can also be toxic care must beexercized when using it , yes it cancause spontanious abortions . due tothe amount of Toxicity brewed .

I am also surprisedStrawberries are not on this list ,Strawberries like rabsberriescan and have ben used for many centuriesfor stomach upset andfertility issues . its also a soothingtea for nerve problems , due toits calming effect , Menstral pains arerelieved with Strawberry and Rassberyteas . Mints used for stomachupsets and indigestion, againused for calming effect , Parsley tea ,again stomach upsets , and used from the stalk abreath freshner .

I'll hush now because I could go on and on .

Warning: untested (but about to be:p)

Bentonite clay and vinegar mixed into a poultice to draw out the "bots".

I can't think how that could possibly be toxic.....

Rose

[highlight= #ffff88]Ear mites: A drop of mineral oil in each [highlight= #ffff88]ear has worked for me.

Although messy, as the rabbit tries to dig it out and gets rather oily, it does kill take care of any pests inside.

The oil clogs up the pores in the mite and it suffocates.

I was just wondering if mineral oil needs to be warmed up or applied cold?

Can I use olive oil instead? Tonight my rabbit has begun digging at her left ear.

Any extra help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ginbunny

Ginbunny wrote:
I was just wondering if mineral oil needs to be warmed up or applied cold?

Can I use olive oil instead? Tonight my rabbit has begun digging at her left ear.

Any extra help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ginbunny

Hi Ginbunny,

Yes, you can use olive oil. It doesn't have to be warmed up. Room temperature works fine.

I'd say treat both ears.

:)

-Carolyn

gypsy wrote:
WOW we canget Daves Insanity sauce here at thelocal market , no shortage of iteither ,

Warning!! anyone with heart problemsor Breathing problemsUSE caution!!! , do not apply to hands fingers mouth or noseIT will burn, I also should mention IF you should get it on your hannds please wash immediately with any grease / oil cuttingsoap, if it gets into mucus membranes itwill burn to blisters, it isvery painfull .

One drop is more than enough in mostrecipies, My daughter had the hair brained Idea to use 2 bottles to 10 lbs of chicken wings,needless to say even theheartiest couldnt eat thewings we ended up putting it in hte fireplace so as no animal would get into it .

Do you have to let everyone know of ALL the stupid things I do??Although I must admit that one was rather funny lol I almost killed my mother in laws hubby with them cause he didnt believe they were THAT hot, he said I made wussy wings well I showed him lol....

But to stay with the thread, im not sure how this would work on animals but if for some reason a cat, dog, horse or roaming bunny happens to get into poisen ivy and you get it from them wash the area 3x+ per day with dawn dish soap and it will kill the itch and make it go away. Also I have heard bleach will work but it stings like heck.

Mineral oil or olive oil also helps for humans with ear infections if it is slightly warmed. As it sooths the ear. I will so have to dig through my herbal remedies and do a littlecross-refrencing to see what I have that hasnt already been mentioned lol.

I think the common willow tree is one of the best things that you can keep around for your rabbitry. Feed the whole branch - bark, leaves and all. It contains salacinacid which is what the native americans use for aspirin. It helps to sooth the tummies of bunnies with tummy aches and helps with weaning babies. I put a branch in my cages of young bunnies every day and it helps prevent enteritits. We not only planted a few regular willow trees on our property, we planted a huge wind block around the barn and property of hybred willow bushes. :D

Brett wrote:
I think the common willow tree is one of the best things that you can keep around for your rabbitry. Feed the whole branch - bark,leaves and all. It contains salacin acid which is what then ative americans use for aspirin. It helps to sooth the tummies of bunnies with tummy aches and helps with weaning babies. I put a branch in my cages of young bunnies every day and it helps prevent enteritits. We not only planted a few regular willow trees on our property, we planted a huge wind block around the barn and property of hybred willow bushes.:D

Keep in Mind NOT all Willow have teh same properties for teh salicin acid, Ornamentals will in fact have very little if any. Hybred means genetically altered.

Caution should also be used with any hybred tree,it can be potentially toxic, Alot of hybreds are spilced usingapple or pear trees but some Cherry has been used also. Know what your tree was Spliced with before giving it to your rabbit.

Carolyn wrote:
*laughs with gypsy*

Lunatics! :disgust:

I'm 98% certain that the name of the place that Buck's picture is onthe wall is called, "Cluck You". Will have to check with 'The Missus'to find out what state it's in.

-Carolyn

Gypsy, here's the websites for Cluck-U Chicken. Can'tremember exactly which one Buck went to, buthe's on the wallin one fo the places. :)

http://www.cluckuchicken.com/locations.htm

Thanks Carolyn ,was checking their site , that looksyummy, and Thermo Nucular !!!!!:scared:

shadow10978 wrote:
gypsy wrote:
WOW we canget Daves Insanity sauce here at thelocal market, no shortage of iteither,

Warning!! anyone with heart problemsor Breathing problemsUSE caution!!!, do not apply to hands fingers mouth or noseIT will burn , I also should mention IF you should get it on your hannds please wash immediately with any grease / oil cuttingsoap , if it gets into mucus membranes itwill burn to blisters, it isvery painfull .

One drop is more than enough in mostrecipies, My daughter had the hair brained Idea to use 2 bottles to10 lbs of chicken wings,needless to say even theheartiest couldnt eat thewings we ended up putting it in hte fireplace so as no animal would get into it .

Do you have to let everyone know of ALL the stupid things I do??Although I must admit that one was rather funny lol I almost killed my mother in laws hubby with them cause he didnt believe they were THAT hot, he said I made wussy wings well I showed him lol....

But to stay with the thread, im not sure how this would work on animals but if for some reason a cat, dog, horse or roaming bunny happens to get into poisen ivy and you get it from them wash the area 3x+ per day with dawn dish soap and it will kill the itch and make it go away. Also I have heard bleach will work but it stings like heck.
hehehe ... for a good laugh have your mom fwd. you story about my b/f's experience with Dave's Insanity ... (Gypsy if you dont have it anymore I still do)...you will laugh til your tummy hurts !

Latest posts

Back