Holly Gets Spayed April 18th

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has she eaten anything besides the veggies? You want to be sure she eats some hay and/or pellets today. I would try to get her to eat this morning. If she wont, make a pellet slurry and syringe some into her. After that, I would give it a little while to see if she poops, if still nothing you may want to call the vet. But she needs to get some fiber in her system..

Yea she has eaten a bunch of her hay through the night. I filled her hay thing before bed and it's half empty now, so I know she's eating that. Pellets on the other hand I don't think she's eaten those. But it's hard to tell with her bowl, she may have eaten a bit. But for sure some hay.

Alright, I got a little Pellet/Pumpkin slurry into her. Not a whole lot though. Should I put her pen up and see if she'll go in to it to let her walk/hop a little?

Hi Crystal, can you put her litter box in her pen so she doesn't have to jump back into the cage?

How's Bandit this morning?

Susan:bunnydance:

Yes I could put it in her pen. I have another one I'll put in the pen for her actually. And now that's she's out of her litter box and in the pen I took her litter box out and looked through it. There is one cecal in there. So something's gotta be moving?!

Bandit's doing good. He's laying beside her pen this morning like he usually would.

Can you carefully lift her and put her in the pen so she can move around a bit? Watch her so she doesn't get too active or try to jump back in the cage.

Well she's in her pen now. She has food and everything in the pen with her too. I think she may have poopy butt. But I'm afraid to try and lift her to see. I don't want to hurt her. Any suggestions on the best way to check without freaking her out or anything?

Poopy butt is going to be tricky right now. You can't get her wet, but it does need to come off so it won't cause infection around the incision.

Of course you don't want her to struggle.

I'd get someone else to help. You want her as still and calm as possible.I'd cover the incision with some gauze while you're cleaning up her bottom.

Alright well I will wait til Chris gets home then and get him to hold her while I do it

I guess I can't use a damp cloth and try and wipe what I can right now?!

Oh okay well I'll just wait then. I'm not even 100% sure she has poopy butt. I'm just guessing.

I'll take a better look at her to see. She was cleaning herself there (not her incision, she's being a good girl with that so far) so maybe she cleaned herself up. I'll wait and see. And keep ya posted.

Well Holly still hasn't really pooed.And I don't think she's drank much either. I phoned the vet,I am just waiting right now for the Vet tech that dealt with Holly yesterday (who I love, very knowledgeable and VERY nice) to call me back. Sheseems to be recovering pretty good. Hopping around a little and laying in her new Princess Castle. But not much eating (pellets) or drinking going on. And no poop. She has peed though.

I'm worried about my baby girl :(

Crystal

Well we were almost at the point of having to give her critical care. I spoke to the vet and she said to try that and if she hasn't had any poos by tomorrow I'll have to bring her in. But when I got off the phone and went in the living room to check on her, she was sitting eating the pellets out of the bowl I put in her pen for her. So that's good and she ate some more veggies. So hopefully this will start to get things moving along.

Crystal

hmm... are you sure she's not pooping and sweeping it under a rug somewhere??

:sweep

It's a good sign that she is eating on her own at least.. maybe just mix up some critical care and leave it out and see if she tries some on her own (without having to force feed her)... if she eats some it can't hurt - has she had it before?

Nadia

I read this quickly, but if she's been eating her hay, she'll be fine. Make sure the Metacam isn't spoiling her appetite, though.

And definitely don'tget her to move around, she should be staying very quiet. I think this is a case of too much fussing. ;) She's got food in her system, she's not critical. Bunnies with post-spay problems don't eat, drink ormove around. They don't even sniff at food.

If you let her rest and not get too sore, you canstop the Metacam to make sure it's not affecting her adversely. Definitely keep enticing her with veggies, a few treats, etc, and maybe juice in her water, or even almost straightcarrot juice if she'll drink that.

Bunnies don't poop all the time, just at certain times of the day, and the oddcecal isn't a problem.

If she'll eatCritical Care on her own, great, if not, I dont' think you should be forcing it. If she'sstill not pooping tomorrow,reassess.

:goodluck

sas

Thanks for your Concern everyone!! I really do appreciate. However...

Holly Pooped hehehehe

She seems to be doing GREAT.She's obviously still a little more lazy then she normally is, but that's okay I don't want her to be too active and hurt herself. So her eating is great and so is her pooping. I'm sooo happy.

Latest posts

Back