Holly Gets Spayed April 18th

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's wonderful news! It sounds like you have avery thorough and bunny-saavy vet, which should help greatly with any nervousness you might be feeling. Best wishes for a smooth surgery and very fast recovery time!

:bunnydance:

Thank you so much BassetLuv and Shawn!!

I'm still nervous, but I really do love this vet now. Not that I didn't before, but after being so cautious and being thorough,I'm very happy I found this vet!

Alright, well here we go again!Hopefully everything goes nice and smoothly this time. This is terribly nerve wracking, and can't wait for it to be over.I feel so bad for my little girl :(

I'm dropping her off at 8:30 this morning. I'll keep everyone updated.

Crystal

*fingers, toes and bunny paws crossed over here*

I just got a call from the Vet's.Holly's surgery went perfectly. She did great.She's in recovery now and I'll be picking her up at 4:00..

Crystal

That is awesome!

That is great news! Phew!

I didnt get a chance to comment earlier but I saw the thread last night and said a prayer for her.

Heres hoping she has a speedy recovery :pray:

Sending prayers and good thoughts for a speedy uneventful recovery!!

~Jim

I'm glad everything went well, I know how nerve racking it is, Lucy goes in tomorrow. The two of them can recover together! Keep us posted through out her recovery, it will be interesting to see how Holly and Lucy's recoveries compare.

Give her hugs and Kisses from all of us!

Joy

Thank you Michaela, Spoh and Shawn!!

Yes I will definitely keep you posted on how she's doing. I hope she recovers quite easily. I brought her pellets to the vets with me, so hopefully she eats some before she leaves.And they're giving me pain meds. I've never administered those before, so this should be interesting. I dont want he rto freak out when I go to pick her up to give them to her and hurt her little belly.

Any suggestions?

So glad it's over and went well! Yay, Holly!:elephant:

Uum, can you get into her pen with her? If so, if you can squat behind her so that you can give the meds in front of her, that would be easiest on her and you. That way you won't have to pick her up. Does that make sense how I described it?

If its metacam, it tastes sweet like honey, so hopefully she will want to take it. I would just put the syringe up to her mouth, on the side, and place it gently in her mouth. Hopefully she will lick it up.

If not, just get a towel and gently lift her onto your lap. Put the syringe in the side of her mouth. If the syringe is a problem, you could try mixing it with some pumpkin and giving it to her on a spoon.

Latest posts

Back