Herbs for Bunny Kings!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King George

Reaction score
I am King George's cook, new to my job, and scared of poisoning my sovereign bunny!

In the palace kitchen garden we have many herbs and I was wondering which are safe to feed my King ~ or perhaps it is easier to say which are harmful?!

Anyway I would not wish to make King George ill for, if I did, I fear I would be for the chop!

Your help would be most greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards;

Cook.

upload_2019-6-15_17-29-32.png

Palace cook of their majesties Lukaku the one and Onana the only would like to know the same!
My lords seem to love our mint and thyme and oregano, our fennel, rosemary, basil and sage. But there would be so much more that I don't dare serving them. What about parsley, wild garlic, rocket, coriander and chives? Tomato leaves? Strawberry leaves? Potato leaves? And what about the leaves of fruit trees (we would have apple, cherry and peach on offer)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated in order to create the best for the Royal table ...

Nothing in the onion family or garlic family.

The following has a list to get started that shows what's safe for daily feeding and what should be fed less frequently. There's also a link there for further info including info on trees (branches, leaves).
Http://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/greens-veggies.html

[The link shows best on a PC. Been having trouble with the mobile version.]

Definitely no to tomato and potato leaves, they are toxic.

Apple, pear, strawberry, raspberry, bramble, leaves and stems/branches, yes, provided they haven't been sprayed with anything toxic. My rabbits absolutely love apple and willow leaves, apple branches, ribwort plantain, parsley, cilantro. Avoid pitted fruit leaves.

These are also some good lists about feeding forage, veggies, and herbs to rabbits
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Food/Food_main.htm
https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/free-food-for-rabbits

Last edited:
Palace cook of their majesties Lukaku the one and Onana the only would like to know the same!
My lords seem to love our mint and thyme and oregano, our fennel, rosemary, basil and sage. But there would be so much more that I don't dare serving them. What about parsley, wild garlic, rocket, coriander and chives? Tomato leaves? Strawberry leaves? Potato leaves? And what about the leaves of fruit trees (we would have apple, cherry and peach on offer)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated in order to create the best for the Royal table ...
Hi, I am not sure about strawberry leaves but I do know that potatoes are bad for bunnies so I wouldn't advise of the leaves either. As for fruit trees, I have learnt that the easiest way to know which is safe for bunnies is to remember that, if the fruit has seeds/stones ie peach, avocado, and all other fruit like these.

Nightshade Plants
For most animals, eating plants from the nightshade family (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant to name a few) can be toxic and rabbits are no exception. They should not eat the leaves or stems. You should also avoid feeding them raw potatoes or peels. Cooked potatoes are not toxic but are high in carbs & starch so don’t make a healthy treat. Tomatoes and peppers themselves are fine to feed in small amounts.

Latest posts

Back