Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mimi- weren't you just trying to get rid of your female rabbit two days ago and you think your male is under weight? I'm concerned that this may not be a well thought out plan? If you don't have time for the two you have (as per your rascue me post) then why would you want more?

I'm not trying to start a fight, just worried about your rabbits.

Mimi Bauer wrote:
Because i can and i will and you are trying to start a fight
Wow, now that is real mature and responsible. :rollseyes Want a pet then go to a shelter where rabbits are the third most euthanized animals next to cats and dogs. Or buy a pet from a reputable breeder even that has unshowable culls.

This is not anti-breeding statement, it's an anti-irresponsible breeding statement.

I'm sorry you have such a bad attitude and I'm even more sorry for your rabbits. I can't make you do anything, clearly, but you didn't even acknowledge my post. People like you is why so many rabbits DIE in shelters EVERYDAY. That, "I can whatever the hell I want" attitude.

Apparently you didn't read the part of my post recommending you get a pet from a breeder. They usually have unshowable babies available.

But why breed the tan, if he's skinny and something maybe is wrong with him. And the babies get whatever the dad haves. And babies get sick and even die. And then selling the babies to somebody that maybe the dad haves. You never know what happens or what can happen. I would get the buck worked out first. And/ or get another buck for breed with your doe.

We all raise and show rabbits around here,

Happi Bun wrote:
I'm sorry you have such a bad attitude and I'm even more sorry for your rabbits. I can't make you do anything, clearly, but you didn't even acknowledge my post. People like you is why so many rabbits DIE in shelters EVERYDAY. That, "I can whatever the hell I want" attitude.

Apparently you didn't read the part of my post recommending you get a pet from a breeder. They usually have unshowable babies available.
:yeahthat:

This isn't going to go anywhere, like talking to a brick wall, so I'm going to make my exit in this thread. :wave:

Ok, here's the deal if you don't mind listening to some advice. I don't have anything against people breeding for pets, in fact I do it too sometimes when someone wants a mini rabbit with Silver Marten marten markings ect. But, you can't open a new thread, not listen to replies and be rude about it. I'm sorry, but "I do what i want to do when i want to do it" is a rude statement when people are trying to give advice. My advice to you is to invest in some nice show Tan stock if you want to show.
If you want to go ahead and breed the doe and sell her later, fine. But don't advertise her as a good 4-H project. I don't know much about 4-H, but isn't part of it showing? I saw the picture of her on your Flicker page and I have to admit that she does not at all look like a Mini Rex and would probably be DQ'ed at a 4-H show.

Emily

Silver Star Rabbitry
Raising and Showing Quality Silver Marten Rabbits in North Louisiana.

http://silverstarsilvermartens.webs.com/
http://silverstarrabbitry.blogspot.com/

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back