Help! Baby with broken back! I need help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.P.S

When the vet gave me the Bene-bac she said that he wouldnt like it andthat I would have to force feed him it...but noooo silly Dash LOVESit!! :D He is such a good boy, he is trying to make his mom happy :)Boy I love him! :D

Amy, that's great news! Normal poop is ALWAYS agood sign! It's also an extremely good sign if he can feel his backlegs- in order for that to happen the spinal cord has to be intact. I'mso glad that the little bugger is doing a bit better and is eager forattention. Attitude goes a long way towards fast recovery.

:groupparty:

Here are some pictures I took this morning. He is sucha strong boy *I am so proud*

They aren't the best pics, because the lighting was terrible...

P6040225.jpg

P6040227.jpg

P6040228.jpg

P6040229.jpg

P6040232.jpg

These pics are with the flash. These pics show the real color of his fur :)

P6040221.jpg

P6040219.jpg

P6040217.jpg

:inlove:

Continued prayers for Dash...:kiss:

I swear, Amy, you have The Cutest Rabbits! Look at how comfortable you've made Dash. You're such an awesome mom!

Get your hopes up...dare to do it. The more positive vibes around the little one, the better.

Prayers continue.

:hug:

-Carolyn

If these are his last days then it will also be his most loved and pampered days!!! :D

He is eating and drinking a lot, so that has to be good :) He is stillpeeing on himself, so I have to wipe him a lot so he doesnt burnhimself :) But other then that he seems to be doing OK :) Legs stillaren't working but we still have hope! :D

~Amy

ayglnu13 wrote:
I sure do hope so! :)

I was wondering, can I give him Nutri-cal even if he is on steroids and bene-bac? Maybe it will help him?

~Amy
I doubt it should be a problem, could you call your vetand ask? I'm sure Pam would know but she is away for the weekend.

Hi Amy, :wave:

Don't give NutriCal to Dash at this time. With the other meds he's on, it could cause diarrhea.

Your best bet is to make a pellet slurry. Soak his pellets and give it to him, if he's not eating.

-Carolyn

Then just love him and don't worry about adding something. He's doing fine on his own.

You're doing everything that you can.

Love to you and Dash,
-Carolyn

I hope that Dash pulls through. He seems like afighter. I hope that even if he does not happen to recover fully thathe will be strong enough to live a long and happy life.

Amen,

Jay

The vet said that she has had a few bunnies pullout of this with steroids but most of them dont. Hopefully Dash will beone of those few! :D He has always been the strongest, even when he wasborn he was bossing everyong around. Thats why we kept him, he just hadsuch a strong will, we knew there was something special about him :D

Latest posts

Back