Hello Kimi's Island Adventure 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To Tris, Janet, Julie and Dave :
Thank you so much. Today I have no temperature... :? wait, I mean...I do have temperature but normal lever....ahhh you know...I'm still alive !!! :D
Just coughing is so annoying and Kimiko is totally frighten when we cough. She runs as fast as possible to hide somewhere. Poor girl.

Oh Dave, Cute avatar :) Who is that ? Cute !

oh Dave shes beautiful!!.im so sorry for ur loss..i lost my heart bunny during her spay surgery so i know the great emptiness that u get from losing a chunk of ur heart....

Hi Virc !! hows my girl?? miss ya i need to catch up with ya soon..:)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Dave. She was a gorgeous bun.

Lisa :
Oh, I've missed you. I've been frustrated with Kimiko's behaviour and guess what ? You're the one my family has been thinking of. Since Kimi has started courting my hubby whole day whole night. She won't rest, she won't eat much, only when she's super hungry. It's all like the old time before she had her operation. :( I don't know what to do... actually nothing I can do,right ? :-/ I just hope it will pass soon. She got spayed on 27th Oct 2010, so it's couple months already. :( How long will it take for her hormone to cool down ? I wouldn't be so worried like I am now, if only she ate and rested normally. She seems really exhausted. Poor girl. :(

Virc my Hercules courts me sometimes and hes been neuterd for a looong time.....he mainly does it when im wearing soft sweat pants..he loves to make my pant leg move back and forth and hell circle my legs over and over...just plain ol weird..if i lay on my back on the floor and cross my ankles hell jump over my legs and around my feet and over my legs again..around and around....crazy little dude...kinda freaks me out sometimes..hehe..not sure what to tell ya Virc..it boggles me too..:)..is it only when hes wearing certain pants or clothing??.what does she do when he stands still.??.

Lisa :

I don't think for Kimiko isn't about which type of clothes he has on. She just has started this courting and marking 2 weeks ago and now it's a bit less than before. It's scared me you know ? 'cause I don't know if this normal. She's spayed and it's quite some time already. :-/ I hope it's not a wrong op. LOL :D
When he stands still, she courts him, walks around his legs. She does these behaviours with me too, but with Norbert more often than to me. Right now I'm home alone with her and she does that to me :-/
We cleaned her scent glands and butt the other day and I saw her "thing" a bit pinky and looks like she's on mating time...you know... Is this normal, girl ? :( I'm freaking out.
Oh and because of her obsessing, she eats less hay, but still eats. So her poops get smaller and a bit softer than usual. I have found no signs for sickness yet but I will keep an eye on her. So since her poops are like that, we had to help her cleaning her butt ! Boy ! That's nasty :D and to make it worse ! She's shredding now. So the reason why her poops sometimes stuck on her butt is that she passes her drops which contain with her fur and sometimes they all come out like a train...you know... " poop train "
:( Is this okay ? I'm trying to urge her to eat more. Today until Sunday I will be home alone with her ( Norbert went for work ) So I hope she will eat more and be less hormonal when Norbi is not around.
:lookaround what should I do ?

Virc i wanted to send u some sunshine ...to brighten ur day.:)
111icus.gif

i know nothing about her acting like shes hormonal..my Herc does it to me sometimes too..it boggles my mind..Hehe...but the soft poops are her diet...uve been sneaking some treats in there havent ya my friend>?,:)
the fur in her poops are pretty norm all my buns pass it when they are shedding..it means its coming out ...its gotta go somewhere ya know...but it will help her alot if u brush her more...:)...the only thing that concerns me is the poop stuck on her butt....thats something that shouldnt happen .unless shes too fat to clean herself..or shes been fed too many treats and has poopy butt from it....just pay attention to what ur feeding her ..its easy to over do the treats sometimes...or the pellets...how much pellets do u have her on now?....sounds like shes not eating her hay cuz shes eating too many other things....and whatever those foods are is whats making her have soft poops...gotta go to bed my friend its stinkin late over here>>hugs and more hugs :)

I think the love dance is a habit and may not necessarily be only hormonally driven but I am not 100% sure about that. Like I mentionned, her eating less might be linked to shedding and it seems that she's ingesting some hair which is normal. Some people give some pineapple juice I think but usually it isn't necessary. You'd want to push the hay more though. How much pellet is she getting? Mine get soft poops if they get too much pellets. Or like Lisa said, if she's getting treats etc it may be a cause. On the other hand, she may just be a bit sensitive to a particular item like lettuce or something. If you suspect that, you'll have to feed her one thing at a time and observe what might cause the softness. :)Don't worry too much though, you do a great job with her. *Hugs*

Dear Lisa and Nela :
Thanks a lot for your replies. Her poops didn't stuck like a soft poop, you know... it stuck in her anal !!! It bothered me 'cause it was connected with another poop inside there with a thin line of her fur... this is first time I see something like this with Kim. And no no no ! I didn't give her treats any more. All she gets is a home-made cookie I baked for her and she get only a tiny piece of it per day....and oh :expressionless Norbi gives her yoghurt drop when he takes her to bed in the night, but I'm pretty sure he gives only 1-2 pieces... since the last time she got gooey poo when we lived in Warsaw, it frightened me and since then I'm more careful about her diet.
She gets 1/4 cup of pellets everyday and she normally didn't finish that amount everyday. It is just now she eats so less hay since she's been obsessing with courting us around. It's just weird you know... if it's not her being hormonal then it's what ?? It happened so sudden, that it is hard to call that she's bonded stronger to us or anything. She normally is an independent girl and has her own private time and she will come to us from time to time, not whole day whole night laying down, courting around us..just like she does now. She barely goes anywhere unless we go somewhere and she will honk and follow my husband or me. Like I told you... her pussy ( I don't know if this is an appropriate word :( sorry for that ) seems to be more pinky and looks like when she didn't have her spay yet.
I will keep an eye on her and let you guys know more info , but since yesterday morning her poops seem to be in better shape and not gooey or anything... nearly normal size but a bit smaller. I urge her to eat more hay by giving her fresh one every time she wants to eat. I put smaller amount of it for her, and top it up more often..you know...hopefully it will make her want to eat hay more.
Thank you so much again... oh as I'm writing now, Kimiko is sleeping in her cage which is normal routine of hers. She always sleeps most of the afternoon time in her cage and will come to me around 15 PM or 16 PM.

Lisa, thank you for the Sunshine :) that means a lot to me.. Ahhhh you have warmed my day :) Thanks, girl.

And Nela, thanks for your concern. hehehe, I know sometimes I can be sooooo concerned about a small thing, but what can I do. If I care, I really do everything I can to make sure my beloved one gets all she/he deserved to has. I'm trying to be less concerned now... you know...my mom told me last night " Stop thinking too much, young lady. Or you will look older than me !!! " LOL I Love her !

Hi Vircia, I know I always seem to chime in at these times when Kimi isn't feeling her best, but the hard poo's are a concern. I think I would stop the yogurt treats for a while because the bacteria in yogurt really aren't the good kind for a bunny's tummy. If you have access to bene-bac, start doing that to get the pro-biotic growing the good flora in her gut. You might find the bene-bac at your vet, or at some pet-supply places.

If you are unable to get the bene-bac, you could try some acidophollis (sp?) without the lactic (milk)bacteria stuff in it. Sprinkle a little on her foods. That might help balance her tummy again.

Again, I would do pumpkin, although she wouldn't eat it last time. What she really needs is the long fibers in the pumpkin to help move the hair through. Squash also has long fibers like pumpkin. If she doesn't want either, you'll have to stick with pushing more hay.

I hope this helps...

myheart

Janet :
:) thank you for your suggestion, Janet. I decided to stop giving her yoghurt drops for a while too. It's hard to put her in the cage for bed time. Yes, she always be my cuty stubborn girl :D And it's my husband's duty :D He likes to do the bed time thing :) He uses the drops for urging her. Can she get another home made cookie for bed time ? These cookies I made them myself. The ingredients are chopped hay, grounded pellets ( timothy one ), apple purée and a daze of honey. I normally give her one piece. It's a small piece though..about hmmm coin size. Without any helpers, it is soooo hard to get Kimi to bed, she will lick and lick and lick and lick until you say " All righttttt, you can sleep with us ". This is bad :D I'd end up with Super nanny one day, if this continues. :D LOL
I've missed you, janet. Long time didn't see you for a while. How are you and your buns ? :)

Your homemade cookies sound good. If I were the baking-type of person, I would ask for your recipe. You could post it anyhow, maybe I would get the urge to make something special for my fur-kids. I could probably feed them to my piggies also.

Don't worry about not seeing me Vircia. I always pop in to see the posts made on your thread. :DI don't always say something, but I keep tabs on what's going on with you, hubby,and Kimi.

We are all doing okay. I really need to take more pics of the kids. I noticed I haven't really taken any pics since Patrick and Luna passed away. I miss them terribly, but am starting to heal. Someday I'll start a new blog for the girls... :p

I found an article about hay. It suggests the way to use old hay which bunny doesn't want to eat any more. It gives which ingredients we can make cookies and I bake cookies based on season. I mean now the easiest and cheapest fruit now is apple, so I baked the apple cookies for her. I also saw some recipes on RO, those look nice to try too :)

New blog of yours ??? Hehehe, I'll be looking forward to see it.
Take care. Thank you for your help :)

[align=center]Poland's next top bunny model :brown-bunny
[/align]
[align=center]Am I look fierce enough ?
[/align] [align=center]
P1060642.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Sexy face :)
[/align][align=center]
P1060641.jpg

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]1 2 3 Cheeseeeeeeeee !
[/align][align=center]
P1060638-1.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]

P1060629.jpg

P1060628.jpg

[/align][align=center]This is euhhhh.... my hot body :D LOL
P1060625.jpg

[/align][align=center]More likely Posing on a grill :D Hehehe
[/align][align=center]
P1060596.jpg

[/align][align=center]I know that this pic is so yellow, but I just can't take my eyes off this pic :)
[/align][align=center]
P1060599.jpg

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Kimiki : "Papi, I know your arm is hurt, but Diva could use some pets".
[/align][align=center]
P1060624.jpg
[/align][align=left]:bunnydance:Thank you for watching.
[/align]

Latest posts

Back