Hello Kimi's Island Adventure 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]I just read your post, Vircia, and I hope Kimi is alright =]

Sabriel used to sneeze a lot.. I'm thinking he has un-contagious Pasteurella... the vet gave us Baytril a while back in the form of a BEEF tablet. Nonetheless, we never gave it to them, they wouldn't eat it- they seemed fine.

I haven't seen/heard Sabriel sneeze since we've been giving him Baytril from the vet in case he was bitten by Soleil though. So I'm thinking that's helping.

I think she'll be okay =] Sending loving vibes and bunny hugs and kisses from me and all the buns!

Nela :
Thank you, Nela. I'm so worried about her, but it might be too quick to say...but this morning she sneezed less then last night. So we will see for couple day. besides, the sneezing I don't see any other symptoms, I don't see any discharges either.

Bailee :
Last year between Autumn and Winter Kimi sneezed too with a little white discharge from her nose. We took her to the vet and the vet said she catched a cold. He gave her a shot of vitamins and the sneezing has gone few days after the vet visiting. This time she only sneezes and it looks like something got into her nose more than being sick. I don't know, I might be wrong. So we will observe her for a little more. Then I will definitely take her to the vet if it won't pass by itself. I've been thinking what has caused this, and all I can think of is two ;
1. dust from this annoying bedding ( I'm planning on changing type of bedding, but so far I don't know which one I should try. Last time I changed type, it went worse :-/ ) Lately, Kimi loves to dig out her bedding, you know ..kid loves to play with dirt :D LOL So the dust might got into her nose... I have no clues.
2. the quick change of temperature. Yes, it's getting colder and colder again here after one "quite warm" week. So if so, maybe she catches a cold again just like that time.
I have no clues. For now I will keep an eye on her. She starts to be annoyed at me staring at her face, sometimes so close that she gave me a look. " mommm, are you ok ? :? ".
I have to go out this evening for couple hours. I hope it's all right to leave her at home :( I know, I'm worried too much. Thank you to everyone again for your concern. That means a lot to me. :) I'm not facing the period of " worrying about our fur kid" alone. :) I will keep you guys post.
Hugs for all my friends :hugsquish:

Are you almost at the bottom of the pellet bag? There's always some powdered pellets at the bottom so that can be another dusty thing. I hear you about the litter. I've tried sooooo many different litters. The worse for me was the compacted wood pellets as it turns to sawdust and I am highly allergic. I now have wood chips. :biggrin2:(I have used the compacted newspaper pellet litter - cheaper in the cat section by the way) but it was just too expensive. :)I hope that's all it is and that she won't require a vet visit. Going to the doc's is no fun. Right Kimi? Noserubs for your girl and hugs for you :biggrin:

Ahhh Nela. Maybe you're right. So now..there are 2 possibilities where dust came from ( If it's really because of dust ), bedding and pellets.
We are actually at the bottom of the pellets bag like you said. I thought I did avoid most of dust, but I guess I can't get rid of all of that. We will see. Thanks for the suggestion. Sneezing is less than this morning. Now she's sleeping in her Space ship and I heard she sneezed only couple times and each time with long gap.
I used to have allergy to dust as well, but it got better when I was studying in High school. Now I'm okay with it, just don't get into my nose and face, LOL :D
The most annoying thing is that I need to vacuum the floor more often than before, due to our carpet is so easily to spot dust. I'll go to a shop in the week, hopefully we will find a type of bedding which is best for us !
:)

52429.gif

ill be back .i gotta make dinner but i just wanted to say...KIMI is STINKIN CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
love that bunny...and her ears are FABULOUS!...

who built the phenomenal space ship!?...good job...hehe

Dave :
Thank you, Dave. Kimiko got bigger this year. We still didn't weigh her yet, but the last time we did that she weighed around 2.5 kg. :) maybe she will be bigger than your lovely Daisy Mae. LOL just kidding. How's Daisy Mae anyway ? :)

Lisa :
Yippee !!! Yippee do pi doooooo !!!!! :hugsquish: I missed you, Lis !!! :) I'm glad you're here. :) hehehe thank you. I'll tell Kimiko. :) Yes, she's super cute girl. Just yesterday morning, she was trying to get into a small hole behind sofa. So I blocked her way with my hands. She grunted at me and poked me with her front legs. Then she jumped up on my lap and started licking me, like she knew she did wrong. :D hahaha. I can't be mad at her, never longer than couple seconds. :D I totally have fallen for bunnies ! ;)

jujub793 wrote:
me too! i never knew a bunny until like 2-3 yrs ago and now i wouldn't be without one (or more!!)
:yeahthat: Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! And yes ! Thousands times agree with you, Julie. Kimiko is my very first fur baby :) and now my husband and I can't imagine life without her ! She brings us so much joy. We used to think of having dog here, but ever since we've got Kimi, we both agree that bunnies are matched with our life style. :) Since we won't have time taking dogs out for a walk every day. :) and yes, having little lovely bun hopping around apartment is sooooo delightful !
Julie, where are those pics you mentioned about before. :) I'm waiting to see willow. He/she had operation around the same time as Kimiko,right ? I remembered you wrote on a thread about it. :)

what doin woman? hows Kimipoo!?..my Flashies sneezed a couple times last week..i hate when they do that....AND Bambam has started snoring ..pretty loud ...kinda weird i might hafta get her checked out soon..its only when shes sleeping but its very strange sounding...

a hug for you...
bigarmhug.gif

Guys, thank you so much and I'm so sorry for not logging in at all. I've been sick... my throat feels like there's a razor in there, I have no voice. well, technically I have voice, but it sounds weird !!! I called Kimiko and she ran away from me... :expressionless that explained a lot.
My hubby is sick too, but good that he recovers quickly. Kimiko is doing good. She doesn't sneeze at all, I barely hear it now. I guess it was just dust from something. Maybe hay, maybe pellets or bedding. I try to keep the place double clean.
I'm slowly getting better, still have fever though. Thank you so much for all your concern. You guys are the best ! :big kiss: Take care, guys.

Latest posts

Back