Hello!!! I wan't y'all to meet Luna & Theo!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neurydius

Reaction score

Welp and thats I how I ended up getting both Theo & Luna.

I honestly saw Theo first and I perked up and immediately messaged the seller and I was so happy to find out that he was still available. Now I know what you're all thinking, why buy? why not adopt? well honestly it's a little hard to find rabbits for adoption here in msia. They're mostly for sale by breeders or.... cooked if not wanted as a pet anymore. I tried to adopt a family of three before I got these two but the owner never replied so in the end I ended up with Theo & Luna!

Theo is the GORGEOUS black and rich brown boi while Luna is the white one with the dots. If y'all know their bunny types then I'd be delighted to know!!! So drop down those guesses!

I keep them in my room which has been bunny-proofed and they just pretty much own the entire room with me and my birds lol. The day after I got them when they first woke up, they started zipping around the room and doing binkies like they were excited to wake up and find out that they still live cage-less and full of food in my room it was adorable 😂😂

They also have a section in my wardrobe (the under part) where its empty so I decided to fill it with some shredded paper towels that I had left from when I REALLY wanted to get hamsters but I ended up not doing that lol and they absolutely love that part. They sleep in it from time to time and dig in the paper towels and totally just vibe <3

Luna was very naughty and mischevious, rebel type of gal when I first got her but last night (3rd night here) she warmed up to me and started enjoying some head pats and cheek scratched but Theo? he's always been the sweetest little guy. After I pet him, he'd get back up just to lick my hand and return the favor. I absolutely LOVE him.

I have a harness for the two but I'm still waiting til they're totally comfortable with me handling them before I can slip them into the harness and take them out in the yard where they can enjoy some outdoor runs but I am worried about thorns? Cause the grass has little sharp weed growing in between, is that okay??

Anyways I was excited about getting them and now that I have them I wanted to share my excitement with other rabbit owners!

They're 2months old right now 😚 can't wait to watch them grow.

Also nice to meet y'all! You can call me Neu, I'm 19 and I'm from Msia owo//

Attachments

• Bunny img 1.jpg
    Bunny img 1.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Bunny img 2.jpg
    Bunny img 2.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Bunny img 3.jpg
    Bunny img 3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 11
They are lovely pair, I’m just gonna tell you that you will have to seperate them before 14 weeks. Because Theo and Luna might start breeding. So you will have to neuter Theo at least until they can be together again. Best would neutering both but I’m not that sure you have rabbit savy vets in your area.

Good luck with your bunnies and welcome to the forum 😊

Welcome! Such cute rabbits! My rabbit's name is also Theo, it is just the best rabbit name ❤

I agree with Hermelin, they need to be separated so that there is no breeding or fighting. Once you get them separated you will need to spay and neuter both of them and start the bonding process.

To help figure out their breed: How much do they weigh? How long is their fur?

They are lovely pair, I’m just gonna tell you that you will have to seperate them before 14 weeks. Because Theo and Luna might start breeding. So you will have to neuter Theo at least until they can be together again. Best would neutering both but I’m not that sure you have rabbit savy vets in your area.

Good luck with your bunnies and welcome to the forum 😊
Oh yeah I definitely plan on spaying Luna once shes ready to be spayed by the vets! I don't want them to inbreed considering how they're siblings <3

Welcome! Such cute rabbits! My rabbit's name is also Theo, it is just the best rabbit name ❤

I agree with Hermelin, they need to be separated so that there is no breeding or fighting. Once you get them separated you will need to spay and neuter both of them and start the bonding process.

To help figure out their breed: How much do they weigh? How long is their fur?
I have no idea how to weight them because we don't have one of those kitchen scales but they're small and lighter than a laptop definitely. Their fur is pretty short, not long at all and it is a best rabbit name!!

Oh yeah I definitely plan on spaying Luna once shes ready to be spayed by the vets! I don't want them to inbreed considering how they're siblings <3
They'll need to be separated before she is old enough to be spayed. They should be separated by 12 weeks to prevent pregnancy.

The boy should also be neutered or his hormones will drive him to constantly hump her. That will get old pretty quickly and she could lash out in retaliation. If so, that could end hopes of them bonding.

They'll need to be separated before she is old enough to be spayed. They should be separated by 12 weeks to prevent pregnancy.

The boy should also be neutered or his hormones will drive him to constantly hump her. That will get old pretty quickly and she could lash out in retaliation. If so, that could end hopes of them bonding.

Noted! I've already contacted a vet for an appointment in the near future! <3 I'm just waiting for them to call back right now! Lots of vets have been booked because of covid! T_T

You need to separate them now, otherwise your boy can become horny starting 9-10 weeks (it's different for different breeds, but best to separate earlier so they don't get stressed and develop hormonal behavior early).

As you said in your first post they were 2 months one week ago so if you know exact date of birth t is best to count in weeks rather than in months since they are fast growing at this age and one week gives very big changes. So they are 9-10 weeks now please separate them immediately. It is easier to neuter boy first and as early as your vet is willing to do that, some vets from 4.5-6 months but some would do it when testicles fully dropped so maybe 3 months but it depends on your rabbit.

They also often missexed at young age and it is possible that they are both boys or both girls happens all the time so you will need to check around 3 months it is usually clear who is who.

Please take it seriously, separate them now, otherwise you may have serious problems very soon.

Back