Hello and introducing Jordan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broderick

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Brody! I would like to introduce myself and my lionhead rabbit to the forums :D!

bunnyu.png

90162096.jpg

bunny3n.png

^This is her on my sofa watching TV. No joke.

I have already made a thread in regards to the unnatractiveness of my bunny's living quarters. If you could visit that thread and respond we would super appreciate it!

:wave:

Welcome From another Lion Head Fan.

Jordan is gorgeous. Love her mane and just love her markings on each side of her nose. Just perfect.

Look forward to learning more ab out Jordan.

K :)

BTW, I have rabbits that love to watch TV with me too.

ZRabbits wrote:

Jordan is gorgeous. Love her mane and just love her markings on each side of her nose. Just perfect.

I adopted my rabbit through PetSmart via the Humane Society. She was in a fairly small glass aquarium, one much smaller than her hutch. She had a food bowl, a water bowl, a basket similar to the one in her current hutch, and a toy.

She had nowhere to escape from the very bright, very harsh florescent lighting. There were dogs all around her. They were barking loudly. She flinched every time.

I felt so bad for her. She was terrified. So without a second thought I adopted her.

The first few months with her SO bad. She would hardly move, eat, drink, play with toys, etc. She basically wouldn't let me touch her at all. She would grunt and growl if my hand became too close.

She's still really skiddish and easily frightened. It takes her a long time for her to warm up to people. I'm really the only who that she'll allow to hold. She's not really a "lap pet". But she doesn't mind being held by me.

She's really shy, but also really super playful/energetic at the same time. When I let her out of her cage she's hardly ever in the same spot. She loves to run around, thump her feet, jump and flip about. She likes to explore (go behind my dresser, into closets, under my bed, etc.). She's out of her cage most of the time. I have a Jack and Jill bedroom (two bedrooms joined by a bathroom). So she has a lot of space to run around in. She also never chews on wires or things she's not supposed to. Very well behaved. She'll often snuggle with me on my bed (like a dog, haha). She'll nudge me or nip at me if I don't pay attention to her. Which stinks when I'm trying to sleep.

She's litter trained very well. She goes potty in 3 main places: her litter box, at the top of the ramp in her hutch (not too much), and a corner of my room (thankfully out of site between too piece of furniture).

I'm just not sure about her past. I don't know why she was given up or how long she was at petsmart/the humane society. But it seems like she experienced a lot of trauma. I really want to get her a friend, but I'm not sure how she'll warm up to another a rabbit. D:

Lovely story! I'm glad she found you! :)
Welcome to RO! Hope you learn lots here and meet
a lot of great people :)

Broderick wrote:
ZRabbits wrote:

I adopted my rabbit through PetSmart via the Humane Society. She was in a fairly small glass aquarium, one much smaller than her hutch. She had a food bowl, a water bowl, a basket similar to the one in her current hutch, and a toy.

She had nowhere to escape from the very bright, very harsh florescent lighting. There were dogs all around her. They were barking loudly. She flinched every time.

I felt so bad for her. She was terrified. So without a second thought I adopted her.

The first few months with her SO bad. She would hardly move, eat, drink, play with toys, etc. She basically wouldn't let me touch her at all. She would grunt and growl if my hand became too close.

She's still really skiddish and easily frightened. It takes her a long time for her to warm up to people. I'm really the only who that she'll allow to hold. She's not really a "lap pet". But she doesn't mind being held by me.

She's really shy, but also really super playful/energetic at the same time. When I let her out of her cage she's hardly ever in the same spot. She loves to run around, thump her feet, jump and flip about. She likes to explore (go behind my dresser, into closets, under my bed, etc.). She's out of her cage most of the time. I have a Jack and Jill bedroom (two bedrooms joined by a bathroom). So she has a lot of space to run around in. She also never chews on wires or things she's not supposed to. Very well behaved. She'll often snuggle with me on my bed (like a dog, haha). She'll nudge me or nip at me if I don't pay attention to her. Which stinks when I'm trying to sleep.

She's litter trained very well. She goes potty in 3 main places: her litter box, at the top of the ramp in her hutch (not too much), and a corner of my room (thankfully out of site between too piece of furniture).

I'm just not sure about her past. I don't know why she was given up or how long she was at petsmart/the humane society. But it seems like she experienced a lot of trauma. I really want to get her a friend, but I'm not sure how she'll warm up to another a rabbit. D:

This might sound strange for me to say to you, but you are doing one heck of a job with this little girl. Willard is our rescue, and I sometime think what he went through before coming to us. Don't fret. You can't think on what happened, think what will happen. Bringing your girl to a place where she is safe. As Mr. John Lennon stated and we miss him the most, " All you need is love".

You are gaining her trust every day in what you are doing. Baby steps. Keep going. You are giving this sweetie a happy and secure home.

Congratulations on making a bunny happy. Because they turn around and give back the same happiness 10 fold.

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

What a cute bunny.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back