health hazard

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG that's sooooooooooooo sad!!!:bigtears:I feel sooooo sorry for you. :hug2:God that makes me so f****** mad to read that!! :tantrum:

At least you got to keep 4 of them.

Do you have the email adderess for the guy who owns the building? Or his phone number? If so post it right now!!! So we can black mali that %$^#%^#%^.(well not balck mali him.... just write hate letters :biggrin2:) Uggg what a jerk!!!!

-TK

Chickenlittle586 wrote:
The thing that REALLY urks me is the fact that no cats or dogs are allowed here and SO MANY people here have them, but do they have to say bye to them, NO. it's ok, i'll make sure that changes.

He he he he he. You should see if the idiot who complained had a pet and then turn him in.:highfive:

Hmmmmm..... there should be an icon with an evil looking smile........

-TK {[evil looking smile icon]}

TK Bunnies wrote:
Chickenlittle586 wrote:
The thing that REALLY urks me is the fact that no cats or dogs are allowed here and SO MANY people here have them, but do they have to say bye to them, NO. it's ok, i'll make sure that changes.

He he he he he. You should see if the idiot who complained had a pet and then turn him in.:highfive:

That disgusts me. What is your intent - to send more animals to either dumped or euthanized?Nothng like spreading the misery and cruelty.How much better will you feel and how pleased with yourselves will you be if you are responsible for others losing their pets? Good job.....

seniorcats wrote:
TK Bunnies wrote:
Chickenlittle586 wrote:

That disgusts me. What is your intent - to send more animals to either dumped or euthanized?Nothng like spreading the misery and cruelty.How much better will you feel and how pleased with yourselves will you be if you are responsible for others losing their pets? Good job.....
Very good point!

Without throwing stones.....
It probably sounded like a good idea at that time, but I'm sure if they put a little more thought into it they'll realize the ones that will suffer will be the animals.

And I would almost bet money that there's something in the contractual agreement that states the number of pets allowed in the townhouses....and it may be zero. Current tenants that have pets probably can't replace them either.

:twocents~Jim

PS:
If it were me I would have found a place to keep them for a while, had the management come back to inspect, and then secretly brought the buns back. Legally it takes 90 days to evict...and if you meet their conditions by the court date, they can't kick you out! ***plays "mission impossible" theme music***

Hi

I just read this thread and wanted to add my two cents worth. Chickenlittle, it is a terrible thing what has happened to you.

In defence of all those you thought were jumping down your throat and not being supportive, you never told your full story right from the beginning. You never said at the beginning it was your house or your rabbits, or that you had kids involved in the whole thing. You merely said that the management told you to get rid of your rabbits and you did. So in light of that I think they were just upset that you didn't fight. But knowing the whole story it is a horrible situation for you to be in.

Is there any way you can contest it? Can you seek out cheap legal advice and see what your options are. If there is nothing in your lease I don't see how they can make you get rid of your rabbits. Did the SPCA come right to your house? Because as far as I know they can't without proper investigations deem the rabbits as a health hazard.

Maybe you can fight it and try to get your babies back.

Best of luck to you...and sorry that it you felt you weren't being supported.

petkeeper wrote:
Hi

I just read this thread and wanted to add my two cents worth. Chickenlittle, it is a terrible thing what has happened to you.

In defence of all those you thought were jumping down your throat and not being supportive, you never told your full story right from the beginning. You never said at the beginning it was your house or your rabbits, or that you had kids involved in the whole thing. You merely said that the management told you to get rid of your rabbits and you did. So in light of that I think they were just upset that you didn't fight. But knowing the whole story it is a horrible situation for you to be in.
Yep, the whole story about her having kids to support was not disclosed in the beginning, which would have sorta changed my post, but, still, why was she allowed them, then not? Did they know you had any pets, if so, how many? That's the question. I am not a mean person, just didn't have the whole story.

Whoa has this thread been getting out of hand :?

I think people might be a bit jumpy around here at times. Maybe she didn't say anything about her house or her bunnies but I don't think it was too much to ask how serious it was and what the threats were to her. I don't think this should get personal. Of course, everyone handles things differently and it doesn't mean that agree with the way it was handled but i don't think humiliating and putting someone down helps in any way.

As for the health issue,I have no idea. But, maybe they thought it was a fire hazard, you have 4 bunnies now plus children, do not know how many you had before, but maybe they feared the appartment was getting too crowded? I'm not defending them, just trying to find you an answer so you won't get so upset.

You should talk to the landowner, I know it is too late now for the buns, but however you will at least have answers that you didn't get before.

Also, don't be afraid to come in here and let us know. People are very helpful and can give some very good advice.

Big hugs to you. I hope the bunnies will find happy homes. :pink iris:

I guess I can also understand the health hazard thing if you have young kids and so many animals (wasnt it 22 rabbits plus like 10 other small animals?).

I dont think they really had the authority to do that without calling in Animal Control or the Humane Society to your house, but I guess its too late now to really challenge it.

But Ive seen these kinds of things happen before to people who have 15 or more animals living in a house with young children. I guess theyre afraid the children might catch something?

Its just rediculous how they sort of strong armed you into making a last minute decision. At least theyre at a no kill shelter though.

Whoa, 22 buns? I didn't know all that, see? I also worked for a property management place, and he was so strict! He wouldn't even allow a ten pound dog alot of times! So, I know the management side to an extent, but it would have been good to know she was doing good by her kids, first and foremost, this would have been a totally different thread with the comments. So, I can't say anything negative, I mean geez... It's just sad that like you said, one person walks in the building that has never been in it before and complains about your rabbits, that sucks! I feel for you, really.:( You did what you had to do, and did it responsibly;).

JimD wrote:
seniorcats wrote:
TK Bunnies wrote:
Chickenlittle586 wrote:

Very good point!

Without throwing stones.....
It probably sounded like a good idea at that time, but I'm sure if they put a little more thought into it they'll realize the ones that will suffer will be the animals.

And I would almost bet money that there's something in the contractual agreement that states the number of pets allowed in the townhouses....and it may be zero. Current tenants that have pets probably can't replace them either.

:twocents~Jim

PS:
If it were me I would have found a place to keep them for a while, had the management come back to inspect, and then secretly brought the buns back. Legally it takes 90 days to evict...and if you meet their conditions by the court date, they can't kick you out! ***plays "mission impossible" theme music***

Yeah, your right. I'm really sorry. I reread what I had wrote, and now I wish I hadn't wrote it. :( I'm Sorry.

I'll think before I type now.

Thanks for pointing that out,

-TK

P.S. athough they really do need an evil looking smile icon.

TK, thanks for giving it some thought. Sorry if I sounded like a grouch. It comes from the stories we hear at the rescue every weekend.

I agree with you about the evil smiley!

And Chickenlittle, I am a bit confused on the number of rabbits you had. You mention 22 in the thread below plus 13 other animals

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=26126&forum_id=5&jump_to=334441#p334441

but here you only mention10.I hope the other 12 were able to be rehomed. If not, perhaps you can post about them in the Rescue Section.

yeah i had 22 before they found out. The 12 that i had before got fostered into loving homes. After they were gone, i was left with 10, those 10 were mine.

Also, i still have the other "non rabbit" animals, which they are ok with me having. I guess it's because i don't have a "large" amount of each species. Who knows. I just wish the people who run my complex would get their "stuff" straight.

My two cents - (and I don't blame you for getting rid of the buns when being faced with eviction, and I know that circumstances may prevent it, but I think it's important that people take precautions like knowing what the policies are before you sign a lease).

I'd get out your lease and see exactly what it says as far as pets. If it doesn't specify or isn't what is being done... then ask the landlord for a written copy of their pet policy, or get a friend to ask.

Then I'd read up on the housing / rental laws where you live. And contact the office that deals with that sorta stuff or a local representative's office or something. (Here's a link, I don't know if it will help:http://www.rentlaw.com/eviction/mieviction.htm

And also, if your lease doesn't allow pets... I'd start looking for somewhere that does. If you're "stuck" in a lease maybe... once you know you'll be able to get a new place of course... you could get out of it by throwing their half-%#$&# policies in their face and saying you'll report them for breaking the lease?

I hope things work out and that you don't have any more problems with those creeps.

i'm not on a lease. can't afford to go anywhere else. i asked for support from people. if no one has that, then please don't leave any comments. to those who are giving me help/support, you know that i'm not applying this to you, so please don't take offense.

I kind of do understand now why they thought that I guess. I mean if you had a huge yard where you could have them out there or in a barn or something, then ya, but with that many plus more animals plus you and your kids, it is kind of alot with little space. :?

I am going to repeat a question that was asked earlier. Did the animal control people actually come into your house? I'm guessing they didn't, cause most times a shelter won't take away animals just for being a bit crowded, so long as all are in good health and obviously being well taken care of.

Like I said before, I have been in your shoes before, so I know how your dillemma feels. I have two small children too, and sometimes you have to choose, as much as it hurts. I had assumed when you said the landlord made you get rid of them that it meant the rabbits or you, I thought that was kinda implied. What else would he do to force you into anything?

I hadn't read the bit about you having 22 rabbits plus 13 other animals. (I really need to read all of it). But my question is why did you have 22 rabbits. I totlay understand that you loved them all and it was hard for you to give away, but that's a lot for a small apartment. Out of curiousity how did they all fit? :ponder:

I feel very sorry for you, and it's very sad that they took the rabbits away, but now that I reread everything I sort of understand why they took them away. I think that they thought of them as a health hazard because somepeople might be allergic to rabbits and having that many in a small space might not be a very appealing thought for a landlord. And the landlord proable thought that they might get fleas or worms that other people and there animals in your apartment might get/catch. Plus humans can get alot of cold/viresas fromrabbits, or viceversa.

Once again I appoligize for what I wrotebefore. I've been really thinking about what I say before I type now. :(

-TK

Back