health hazard

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What makes you ask a question like that?

Could you elaborate?

Is someone telling you your rabbits are a health hazard?

If rabbits are kept clean and healthy, I believe they pose less of a threat than cats and dogs do...

--Dawn

well, here's the story........the management of my townhouse complex found out about how many rabbits i had. They MADE me get rid of them and the only reason they could give me is that they are a health hazard. They saw how well they were taken care of........and how they are all healthy.........and that's the only **** reason they could give me? Because of those idiots i had to take them to the humane society in detroit and they did not deserve that! They were well taken care of and all they could say is they are a !@^%!$#% health hazard. How the !#@$#@$ is that possible? I'm so mad. I feel so guilty too. It was like giving away my own children. I was balling my eyes out at the humane society. At least i got to keep 4 of my buns........it still doesn't take away the pain, hurt, anger.......and so on though.

If it was a health hazzard then why did you get to keep 4? You would think they would make you get rid of all of them. :ponder:

Either way.....I dont think I could have gotten rid of them. :cry1:

Me either! Iwould have demaned paperwork first of all. No way, there was probably a complaint of some sort. I would never have up and gotten rid of "your babies" just because they told you to, that was easy street for them to see if they could get you to do it without a hassle. How did you come to have them anyway? They said you could have them? Then they want to change the "rules"? I don't think so.:(

I'm really sorry, maybe talk to them, print off some useful information for them so they know that rabbits in general are not a hazard at all if taken care of properly, as you did. I would hope they would reconsider, you did nothing wrong and what they did was very unfair to you and the buns you cared for and called yours:(.

No offense to you ChickenLittle, but I know you were probably upset and crying when giving them up, but it dont seem like you put up much of a fight to keep them. You got one little bump in the road and you give up? :rollseyes

How many did you have to give up?

I wish you wouldve posted here first. There are a bunch of us members here in Michigan, maybe we could have helped :(

Chickenlittle586 wrote:
I feel so guilty too. It was like giving away my own children.

Would you get rid of your own children because someone told them they were taking up too much room in your house? I dont think so! Ya, it might be just a bunny to you, but everything that is living has feelings and you dont think them bunnies know you put them in a lonely cage for the rest of their life until someone adopts them! Hopefully they wont tell you that your other 4 is taking up too much room in your place or you would probably get rid of them too. :nonono:

Haley wrote:
How many did you have to give up?

I wish you wouldve posted here first. There are a bunch of us members here in Michigan, maybe we could have helped :(

Exactly, ask us for help if you need it, if you get it good, if not still, it's a bun saved. Just remember, you have friends and people that care here, so please at least pm someone and go from there;). I feel badly about your poor buns...

I don't mean for you to feel bad, please know that, but, I would've asked alot more questions first, before I did anything.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Exactly, ask us for help if you need it, if you get it good, if not still, it's a bun saved. Just remember, you have friends and people that care here, so please at least pm someone and go from there;). I feel badly about your poor buns...

I don't mean for you to feel bad, please know that, but, I would've asked alot more questions first, before I did anything.

Correct! We always have transporters and stuff in the "rescue me" section, but maybe you didnt notice or maybe that was too much of a hassle for you to do something good. I guess SOME people do think its much easier just to drop them off. :banghead

Im sorry to be so mean, but I am getting SOOOOOOO SICK of people doing this to these babies. Kill this, eat this, rehome this, shelter that. Its so irritating and then when I actually see someone on this forum doing it, it really makes me even more mad!!!! :tantrum:

to all of you who would rather hurt someone and make them feel worse then try to make their situation a little better........before you judge.........why don't you be in my shoes. It was either.........they go...........or i get evicted............and i'm sorry but having a home for my HUMAN children is more important right now. They come first. I was asking for advice...........not being kicked in the heart. I thought this was a "good" forum. I guess i was WAY wrong. I felt you people would be able to understand in some way...........but i guess that was wrong for me to think that too. Sorry for putting my kids first..........I know, i'm a horrible mother for that. THANKS.

oh and PixieMillyMommy....for your info........i was aware of that section on the forum. I only had a matter of 2 days to "clear them" out. why don't you ask questions before opening your mouth to make someone feel like Sh!#

PixieMillyMom, that sort of harshness is really not called for, if I had been Chickenlittle and I had read all that you just wrote, I would have burst into tears! I realise you are mad, but you don't really know the situation and it's not fair to comment like that.

It's very unfortunate but these things do happen when you don't own your own place, and instead of getting mad (which doesn't fix anything) some advice and support (like AngelnSnuffy and everyone else gave) would be more appreciated, don't you think?

You're not a horrible person. The people who asked you to give up your rabbits are horrible.

Im sorry you had to go through this. I didnt mean to make you feel bad. I just wanted to know why you hadnt posted here first. I work with lots of rescue people in Michigan and wouldve tried my best to help.

This is a good forum. We love our bunnies very much and we love our members. I think people were just wondering why you didnt allow us to try and help?

and the shelter by me......does not put the animals to sleep if they're in good health and so on........they let them have a good home.........anyone care to ask me that.......i didn't think so.

Chickenlittle586 wrote:
to all of you who would rather hurt someone and make them feel worse then try to make their situation a little better........before you judge.........why don't you be in my shoes. It was either.........they go...........or i get evicted............and i'm sorry but having a home for my HUMAN children is more important right now. They come first. I was asking for advice...........not being kicked in the heart. I thought this was a "good" forum. I guess i was WAY wrong. I felt you people would be able to understand in some way...........but i guess that was wrong for me to think that too. Sorry for putting my kids first..........I know, i'm a horrible mother for that. THANKS.

I am so sorry. I didn't mean to be harsh, I didn't even know you had children. So, I was thinking of the animals, sorry. I had no idea, as you didn't post that, again, I'm sorry.

Chickenlittle586 wrote:
oh and PixieMillyMommy....for your info........i was aware of that section on the forum. I only had a matter of 2 days to "clear them" out. why don't you ask questions before opening your mouth to make someone feel like Sh!#

Wasnt trying to make YOU feel like crap, I was simply stating my opinion.

Thanks

for the record, i'm not going to stop coming to this forum. I just am really hurt for what was said to me. I'm not going to hold any grudges against anyone. You have the right to your opinion. I just wish people would get/ask more info before they decide to judge someone for what they did.

Latest posts

Back