health hazard

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChickenLittle.......

Im sorry for being so rude. I guess I just care dearly about rabbits and it seemed you just gave them up like an old pair of shoes or something. Sorry I didnt ask if you had children or that it was them or your eviction. I didnt know you would be kicked out for it, so Im sorry I assumed some things. :(

i don't understand either. i wish i was given more info from the @#%#@% that manage my complex. all they could tell me was that they are a health hazard. That's a load of crap to me, but if you had to chose between a home for your family...and losing your home, and you had to do that in two days....i'm sure MOST people would have been forced to do what i had to do.

How many did you have to give up and which ones?

I am so sorry. I wish I could hug you.

Edit: Dont you have other animals?

well, i had 10. i didn't think they were a health hazard. Their cages were all clean and they were healthy. They said nothing about me having "too many." I just don't get it. Yes i have some other animals.

Chickenlittle586 wrote:
i don't understand either. i wish i was given more info from the @#%#@% that manage my complex. all they could tell me was that they are a health hazard. That's a load of crap to me, but if you had to chose between a home for your family...and losing your home, and you had to do that in two days....i'm sure MOST people would have been forced to do what i had to do.

Understandable. I probably would have had to do the same. Im sorry. :cry2

it's ok. :hug: i would have probably reacted the same way you did. i love all of my buns to death and for them to have to go like that kills me. They don't understand why i'm out of their lives, they don't understand where they are. it hurts so bad.

Well at least you took them to a good shelter that doesnt k**l them. Im sure they will have good homes in no time as they dont let just anyone adopt them animals out. :goodjob

On another note, whats the name of the shelter you took them to? Is it a humane society? I'd like to know so in case of emergency I can refer people to them. Usually when Midwest is full and has to turn away people we tell them to try the humane society, but almost all Ive heard of in that area are "kill" shelters :(

It is the Detroit humane society. It is off of the i-75east grand blvd exit on chrysler drive. I asked them what would happen to the buns if they didn't find a home. They told me that as long as they are in good health, they can stay as long as it takes for them to find a good home. I also requested that they call me if there is a situation where one has to be put down for some reason. At least i can trust them with my buns.

PixieMillyMommy wrote:
Haley wrote:
Thats great! Isthat the one they show on Animal Cops Detroit? lol I watch too much tv ;)

I love watching the animal rescue shows, but they are sad too though. :?
So true. I cry everytime I watch.

I'm so sorry Chickenlittle, I can't imagine for a second how hard it must have been for you to take some of your rabbits to the shelter. :cry2But of course your own children have to come first, anybody on herewould be the same. Some people have been a bit out of line here but you'll always get support. :hug2:

I don't really understand how they can call them a health hazard, I guess a lot of people just aren't happy with animals in their buildings. :(

Oh you poor thing I'm so sorry this happened. I couldn't imagine. At least they didn't make you get rid of all of them. I live in an apartment where we can have animals but I bet if I had 10 they would find some reason to flip out too. Managers of these places don't care :(Again I'm sorry the least those jerks could've given you more time! Here's me, hating people again.

actually yes it is the same one as the one they have the tv show for. The only cool thing out of this whole craptacular situation is that i got to meet one of the officers. I don't remember his name, it's the kinda big guy, he has brown hair and wears glasses, he looks italian, and he usually works with the brown haired lady a lot. HAHA. I hope that description helps somewhat.

To everyone who has given me support, i just want to say thank you so much. You don't know how much it means to me right now. Husband wasn't there for me, to him they're "just rabbits." He wants a dog because you can interact with them more. I don't think that's true. You just have to earn a rabbits trust, once you have that, they're just as interactive with you as a dog or cat could be. I think they're the best possible pet in the world.

I'm so sorry about your rabbits. Do you live in an apartment building? How did the manager find out about your bunnies, anyway? I am crying reading this, I can't even imagine having to go through that. I know how you feel, having to choose between human children and furry ones. My hubby and I had a problem come up when our apt lease was ending, the palce we were going to go to fell through two weeks before the end of our lease, and we had to scramble to find a place to go. We thought we were going to have to give up our cats, but we got lucky at the last minute.

well, some idiot that has never been in my building decided to complain about my rabbits. i live in a townhouse complex, called Hanover Grove. Don't ever move here, the maintinance is HORRIBLE. The thing that REALLY urks me is the fact that no cats or dogs are allowed here and SO MANY people here have them, but do they have to say bye to them, NO. it's ok, i'll make sure that changes.

Latest posts

Back