Hazel's Real Life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosemaryVanDeuren

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to RO and I wanted to start a bunny blog for my rabbit Hazel-- my pride and joy. Hazel is a castor-colored mini rex, born 3/04, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel extremely lucky to have him as my companion.

1hazelro.jpg

August, 2008

2hazelro.jpg

Here's Hazel tolerating me putting a piece of lettuceon his head (I said it was his ode to Oolong-- thedutch rabbit from Japan who was 'famous' on the internet in the 90s for having things put on his head!). January, 2008

3hazelro.jpg

I work at home, so Hazel gets to be out of his cage with me all day! However if he thinks I'm not spending enough time with him, he'll wait until I get up and walk away from the computer, then sit in my computer chair and make this face at me until I return and give him some pets (always works)! March, 2009

4hazelro.jpg

Here's Hazel cleaning himself in front of the mirror! What a vain bunny! ;) *preen preen* August, 2008

5hazelro.jpg

Admiring the snow outside during the winter of 2007.

6hazelro.jpg

Squinty in the sun with a dramatic shadow in March, 2009.

7hazelro.jpg

And this one is from 2006, but it remains one of my favorite Hazel pictures ever :)

Such a stunning little bun. Definately am looking forward to future posts/photos of Mr. Handsome in this new blog of yours!

RosemaryVanDeuren wrote:
6hazelro.jpg

Squinty in the sun with a dramatic shadow in March, 2009.
Love this pic, he looks very elegant, and regal

Thanks so much to everyone for all the compliments! You have definitely made me a very proud mama! XD

@licia wrote:
Such a stunning little bun. Definately am looking forward to future posts/photos of Mr. Handsome in this new blog of yours!
Thank you Alicia! I do have more and it will be great for me to have a place to post them sincethe non-bunny-owners on myFacebook friends list are only so interested ;)

Fran & Denise-- Thanks!! My fiance has said that Hazel looks stoic and dramatic from some angles, and chubby and goofy from others, ha ha! ^_^

Fancy77 wrote:
Rosemary do u have plans for any more books???
Yes!I am writing on the Basajaun sequel right now, which is great fun to work on. I am also plotting a sci-fi novel (unrelated to Basajaun, and more for adults as opposed to young adults) for further down the road. Thanks for asking, Denise! :D

Dave-- Thanks! He very definitely is! :)

For Hazel's 5th birthday last year, I decided to make him a 'cake':
hazel-cake1.jpg

It consisted of two banana slices for 'layers', parsely between the layers for 'frosting', and five Oxbow timothy pellet 'candles'! I'm not entirely sure these items would actually taste good together, but they looked swank!

hazel-cake2.jpg

The first bite-- how horrific!! (Sorry about the poor picture quality, the room was dark!)

hazel-cake3.jpg

The cake is disassembled! I served him a big carrot with the cake just for fun. Don't worry, he wouldn't have been allowed to eat the whole carrot ;)

hazel-cake4.jpg

One layer down.

hazel-cake5.jpg

"Urp-- all done! Morebanana please!" He was not interested in the carrot at all!

U need to patented that cake soo many ppl would pay to have u serve that to their bunnies :) gourmet food for bunnies like for dogs lol

He looks like he has so much personality! welcome to the forum!

Well I went to go buy it on Amazon...its out of stock, that must feel great that they sold out of them good for u :)

In the mean time I can wait :p

Oh I just saw I can get a signed copy...I think I will do that yeah!!!

Thanks Dave-- that's so great to hear! I hope you enjoy it! :D

Thank you Denise! It is always neat to know the book is selling. Just responded to your pm too ;D

Here's a little video I made a while ago of Hazel going crazy for banana! Despite what my posts might suggest, he does not get banana too often, hence his craziness for it. My fiance picked out the music ;D

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/KgBFzeBjAfU[/flash]

Latest posts

Back