Great News!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy and relieved to say every onemade it home safe and sound. Sandra has been giving him lots of cuddlesand kisses and says he is a total sweetheart. I can't wait to hearabout his ears. Are they as soft as they look?

Tina

Tina... his ears are incredible. Theylay pretty much folded in half most of the time... but if you open themup they are more wide that the width of your hand. And YUP...they're soooooft. When I picked him up this morning Icouldn't get over how WARM they were... he really puts out a lot ofheat from them... lol! They are soooo super flexible thatthey can both lay on one side of his body with no problem atall. I'll try to get a pic of that. He seems tolove attention... play with is ears all you want... he'll enjoy everyminute of it.

His colouring is incredible. I just love it.

For those of you who are not members of the other board here is my first pic of him

100_1218c.jpg

Close up...

100_1219c.jpg

You will LOVE his "popcorn" movements.... he's just FULL to brimming with P&V... hehe.

Ann.... hehe more stuff than a locker room... you should have seen allthat I WANTED to send with her. LOL... I wanted to jump inthe bag as well... so I'd never have to part with her. But Iknow that he is well loved and cared for... and very very happy.

Don't you worry about your floor either, I'm gonna be right down withthe babies no matter what!! They make my world go 'round....=)

Sandra

Oh wow, he is so handsome!! I just want to kiss that forehead of his.

Question, that's a great thing with the litter box. Did you buy it like that, or make it??

Stephanie...

That is the cage that he came with. But the litterbox that Iuse is directly behind him. Here are a couple of other picsso you can see my setup...

100_1002c.jpg

And here is Jacub demonstrating how it work... lol!

100_0905c.jpg

It's just a cement mixing tub from the building box, with PVC cut tolength (for height), and on top is eggcrate (ceiling tile) which isjust white plastic with 1/2" squares.... so that the bun stays raisedup off the waste. Good for the bun, and less mess.

Twice a week I just empty the waste and soak the parts in bleach & water.

I absolutely love it!!

Gears turning! :p

Thanks! We have a homemade cage too, with a regular litter box, but Ireally would like a grate of some sort (for part of the cage) foreasier clean up and less mess.

100_1218c.jpg

Look at those Helicopter Ears! I'm surprised she can fly inon her own.

So glad the eye is still there, Tina! :sunshine:

I can't get over how much I love him already.

Sandra, I can't thank you enough for what you are doing. Notonly are you letting little man stay with you but pictures andstories. I'm a puddle lmbo. The way you describe itI swear it's like I'm right there watching it for myself.

Dale who is still trying to be Mr.Tough Guy, looks at hispictures over my shoulder. He even made the comment that some one nearus has some ELs they are selling and he said I wish I would have knownthat, I would have gotten one.:shock::shock:He even told theguys at work about Otis and he needed the day off to go pick him up.What I wouldn't give to have been a fly on that wall.:laugh:

Pam and Carolyn already heard but I wanted to get my factsstraight before saying anything. Otis does in fact have an eye. Heseems him mommyonly partially ruptured the eye. As Otis has grown sohas the eye. It has filled in a bit more so it actually even looks likean eye.:dancing:We are going to give Otis a week or two tosettle in before we get him to the vet to get his eye checked out. I'mgoing to insist on some xrays as well just to rule out it'snot a tumor or anything. For my peace of mind and Rebecca's aswell.

I hope this works. Here is a link to see pictures of Otis'sjourney. Everyone has been awesome about posting pictures of his trip.When Otis arrives I'm going to see if it's ok to print off the pagesfor his scrap book.

http://lagomorphlounge.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=Lounge&action=display&thread=1127120913

11 days togo!!:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::elephant::elephant::elephant::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::elephant:

Tina

Tina, I believe you have too many rabbitsnow. Why don'tyou let metake Apollo offyour hands. :wink:

Just an FYI Tina... the link you posted willprobably only work for anyone who is a registered member of the otherboard. So everyone should sign up ;)

Oh and no need to thank me... I'm getting to "hug a bun" for aweek. And one that I would never have had the opportunity toexperience the breed otherwise. So I'm in heaven.

Otis discovered his grass mat this morning, and started chew chewchewing away... so when I put him in his cage I made sure that it stuckthru the bars so he could keep busy while I was at work... lol!

SamandShawn, we've wanted one for almost two years now so for us it really is a dream come true.

Lissa, Oh No!! Wollo is staying put. He has to show Otis theropes. Besides he's a big momma's boy. Remember we had to cut ourhoneymoon short because he wouldn't eat because I wasgone.;);)You don't want that now do you?:p

Sandra, I didn't even think of that. I just wanted everyonehere to see the pics too.:tears2:Maybe I can get permission to post thepics here and give everyone the link over there so they can see what'sgoing on here too.

Tina

How's this?? But note that I still encourage everyone to join the other board as well... we need friends LOL!

Copy clipped... Riokko wrote,

I couldn't help myself tonight. I decided to get some lastfew pics before we head out tomorrow. It's kinda hard tobelieve that after tomorrow I won't be able to see him out in my barnanymore. But knowing he will have such a loving home makes mehappy! So without further delay here are some pics fromOtis's little going away party with his Mom and Sis.

I think they were playing some strange type of bunny tag... they keptbinkying and then would run off chasing each other... don't ask me.. Idon't even pretend to understand!
laughing-smiley-012.gif

1c91edab.jpg

dd238754.jpg

Otis saying goodbye to his Aunt Rose
5b8c45e4.jpg

Race you to the door Otis!
abf51296.jpg

Dragon being the good mommy and packing a lunch for Otis.
873bf0e1.jpg

Otis and his Sis, Kaimeera, saying goodbye.
7f91a251.jpg

Last few Mommy Snuggles from Dragon before the big move.
c060a6a0.jpg

Dragon inspecting the cage as if it wasn't safe for traveling! LOL
3d22cedf.jpg

Getting used to his new space.
ecc22438.jpg

All settled in for the night.
3af0d9be.jpg

I'll be taking more pics in the morning as we load up.. maybe a fewon the way. Definately going to have to get some when we meetup with Tara.

note... I took the pics with the girls faces outb/c I feel that it would be a breach of trust to post their pics on aboard that they are unfamiliar with. Hope you understand!

Part 2... Riokko wrote,

As promised.. Pics from the morning of departure and the journeydown... and a few from the meeting with Tara... Tara will probably havea few to post too! :D Or at least she better.. cause she gotsome ones that I didn't. :p

MOM! It's still dark out! What on earth are we doing up this early!?
f56e473b.jpg

Would you be smiling if you had gotten up that early?
b9788a23.jpg

Guilty boy trying to act natural after dumping his food dish that I just filled when we stopped.
c700f23a.jpg

Part 3.... Tara wrote,

Not only did I get to pick up Otis from Rebeca and hand him off toSandra, I also got to meet a few other rabbits from Rebeca's herd!!!OMG they are so adorable!!!!

This is Stubbs, the english lop with no ears! She loved nibbling my finger!

Rebecasept05014.jpg

Rebecasept05020.jpg

Rebecasept05015.jpg

This is an adorable little Dutch!

Rebecasept05024.jpg

Rebecasept05023.jpg

and OMG these are the cutest little Netherlands you've ever seen!!!!

the orange (caddy colored) one licked my finger for the longest time!
Rebecasept05013.jpg

lovelovelove this picture
Rebecasept05009.jpg

Rebecasept05012.jpg

Rebecasept05011.jpg

Rebecasept05010.jpg

Rebecasept05008.jpg

Rebecasept05001.jpg

The little chestnut Netherland had the cutest little chipmunk cheeks!!!!!!!!

Rebecasept05005.jpg

Rebecasept05003.jpg

Unfortunetly I didn't get any good picture of Aowyn, but she was sogorgeous. she let me hold her forever & she just purred away. Isoooo wanted to bunnynap this one!
Rebeca has a good picture of her if you click here:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Riokko/9c8fa6c1.jpg

Rebecasept05027.jpg

And now, most importantly!!!!!
OTIS

Rebecasept05025.jpg

Rebecasept05022.jpg

Rebecasept05021.jpg

Rebecasept05006.jpg

Rebecasept05007.jpg

This is so awesome of you todo this. I wasn't sure if it was allowed or not so figured I'd askpermission first.

I must admit, this picture needs to be in a magazine or something. It is incredible.

Tina

Latest posts

Back