GI Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so great. He did have about atablespoon of water this morning and a few sprigs of hay.He's got an 11:40 vet appt.

-Carolyn

Hang in Tucker! Oh Carolyn, I'll be thinking ofour Tucker the whole day! Please update us ASAP or I may go crazyworrying! I hope everything turns out!

Oh poorTucker! Sorry I didn't come here earlier to seethis... Umbra just went through a similar problem a while ago(I'm sure ya' remember), so he knows what the poor bun's goingthrough! All I can say is that I just know Tucker will beokay. My prayers are with you guys!

You can do it Tucker!

--Melissa and Umbra

The people who have responded, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Pamnock and Buck Jones, you have gone above and beyond in yourcontacting me and supporting me. Thank you, and I love youdearly and will never forget how you've pulled me through during thisvery tiring and difficult stage of the game.

You really find out who's there for you when you're down and out, and you have nothing to offer or give.

Sincerely,
Thank you.

-Carolyn

*hugs*

I know this may sound funny, but you and Tucker are on my mind all daylong, Carolyn. I remember how worried and stressed out I was whenChompers was ill not too long ago, so I know how you're feeling rightnow. Nothing is worse than worrying over a loved one, especially ananimal who doesn't fully understand what's going on.

Hang in there. We're all here for you and are all sending good thoughts and prayers to you and Tucker.

Oh, dear ... I'm truly distressed now.I felt certain that my baby would be well by now. Oh, mercy,Carolyn ... I don't know what to say or do.

Please, PLEASE keep us updated. I'll continue to pray for our little man.

Carolyn,

I haven't been able to respond yet as I honestly do not know what tosay. I have you and Tucker both in my thoughts and prayersthat everything goes good. Let us know how the vet trip goesplease!

-Cheryl

Aw, I really hopeeverythingwent good... I too can't stop thinkingabout them! Hopefully Carolyn will update soon and tell usabout how the Tuckster's doing.

--Melissa and Umbra

I just tuned in. Poor little Tucker. I'm thinking about you both Carolyn. Big hugs for you & your little guy.

Hi Carolyn, just read your post - have not beenon for a few days. I want to let you know that we are thinking ,wishing and praying for Tucker. It is all consuming when your bun isill and I hope the wee man will be fit and healthy soon. Keep usupdated. Lots of love and xxxxx

Again, I thank you so much for all your thoughts, prayers and support.

The palpating of his stomach didn't help. Doctor couldn't feel a majorblockage. We did an Xray, and sure enough, it's a big hairball, butit's very 'gassy' or 'airy'. Little guy just can't break it down.

For now, during the next 3 to 5 days, I'm to give him 3 ccs (which isabout 3+ tablespoons) of fresh pineapple juice, every 4 hours; 1 papayatablet every 8 hours, and about a tablespoon each day Simethicone. I'mto stop giving him the NutriCal, and don't have to worry about givinghim Pedialyte as the pineapple juice will keep him hydrated.

Would you believe he layed down in his cage while in the vet's office?Go figure. I was all worried about stressing him out more, and he makeshimself right at home. The syringe feeding throughout the day and nightis getting old for both of us. Sure hope something breaks soon and hestarts being able to move his system again. He hasn't eaten or drank asmidgen of anything since that one tiny bit he took this morning, andbefore that, no water at all and yesterday no food.

Thanks again for your heartfelt messages. I feel more optimistic this afternoon than I've felt in days.

If Tucks could talk, he'd thank you too. He's fighting it, no doubt. We have our days and nights all messed up at this point.

-Carolyn

Oh my. :( That breaks myheart. Tucker, you be strong for your mommy!!Carolyn, PLEASE keep us posted. I know how much you'rehurting, so don't hold your feelings inside. ((((Carolyn))))

Latest posts

Back