GI Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

My little man is having some trouble with his gastrointestinal tract. He's having a slowdown of his system. It could take 3-5 days before it clears, if it clears, but things are looking good because he ate a small bit tonight. Am having to syringe water to him.

I can't go into it now because I'm not on the other side of it and my mind is racing.

He's not in a heavy molt, and there was no stress to have brought this on. His stools are smaller, and he's not eating or drinking much.

Am giving him fresh pineapple juice, 4-5 oz. of water within a 24 hour period, he has full access to hay, rolled oats, papaya, pellets, and his honey stick. Just want him eating at this point. Tomorrow he will get some Pedialyte and Simethicone.

Will bring him to the vet, but am in contact with the vet, Pamnock, and Rick Stahl and this is the route to go for now.

-Carolyn

I really hope your little guy pulls through this. Will be thinking of him

Cristy

My little man is sick?! :shock:Oh Tucker baby! :(

I really hope he's okay Carolyn!

[align=left]Much love,[/align]
[align=left]
[/align]
[align=left]Laura[/align]

Thank you, Cristy.

Laura, Thank You.

The simethicone will help with the gas, and I have to give him NutriCal 3-5 times a day at this point. He must have at least 4-5 oz. of waterper his weight, Buck Jones helped me figure out, within 24 hours.

He hates me now. Reminds me of how The King reacted to BunnyMommy's treatments of his allergies. As Buck said, "What's his alternative?"

Scary thing when these bunnies get sick, I tell ya!

-Carolyn

Oh, Carolyn!!! :shock: My sweet baby!!!!!!! I'm so sorry!

Will be sending up prayers and positive thoughts his way.

My precious Tucks! Oh, I'm so distressed!!!

Please keep us posted as to his progress.

Buck Jones wrote:
Let's see lottsa big poops, soon!

Buck & The Missus

only on a bunny board...

oh, carolyn, da babys sick?? i hope he feels better :( how's fauna doing? is she distressed to see her "brudder" sick?

Twice I've gone through this same thing withFuzzButt! Very stressful! Each time, at the firstsign of trouble, I gave her the simethicone and usually within an houror so I would see some sign of improvement as far as her wanting to tryto eat something, usually a favorite food!! Getting rid ofthe gas fast seems to really help, especially with theirdiscomfort!! A couple of doses of the simethicone and lots ofloving helped FuzzButtboth times!!I hopethings are better this morning!!GoodLuck! :)

Aww! Poor Tuckertucks! I dont know what Maggie would do if something were to ever happen to him!

I hope he gets well soon! Give him a kiss on the nose for me!

Thank you,

BunnyMommy ,Buck ,Jan ,Pam ,

dreamgal042
16_14_19.gif
,AuntieNae ,Delphinum

,bluebird ,Michelle ,andLissa .

My little guy is still passing smaller stools. He's at leastpassing them though. Was up every couple of hours lastnightsyringe feeding him water because he's not drinking, buthe does nibble a little bit. He wants his hay, but won't eatit.

He was lying stretched out last night, which is a good sign because ifhe was in pain, he would be all bundled up. He and Fauna arehanging out a lot. Saw them really start to bond lastnight. He presents himself to her and she'll playalong.

Auntie Nae, at the suggestion of yourself, Pamnock, Buck Jones, andRick Stahl, will definitely be giving him some Simethiconetoday. Taking the afternoon off from work to watch him andsee if it will eventually require a visit to the vet. I hopeand pray that the simethicone will help him as quickly as it helpedyour little ones. I do think that gas is an issue for him atthis point, but I'm just going on a hunch and don't know that forsure.

Doing everything I can to help him. He is not fond of the process, but can't really help that.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Tucks and I really appreciate it.

-Carolyn

Have you tried that Laxotone stuff? Is that what it's called?

Nutri Cal has cod liver oil and serves the samepurpose the hairball meds like laxatone. If you don't haveany Nutri Cal on hand, you can substitute such products, but I farprefer the Nutri Cal and it seems to soothe and stimulate the gut andis far safer than trying to use products such as mineral oil.

Pam

Back