GI Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been gone awhile, but have been thinking ofyou & Tucker often. I was so afraid when I saw how many pageswere in this thread. It's so good to hear that adorable little man isok. He's sort of the mascot of the Rabbits Only Forum. He's the bunnymoderator. He's got the cutest skinny little legs. And he's Carolyn'sheart. You're a great rabbit mommy. Tucker, I'm sending some ear rubsyour way!

Ohhhhhhh!!

Thank You you guys!!

Love, Love, Love,

Tucker Bucker

He does have skinny little legs. Thisis the best picture I have of them at this point; I'll have to keep thecamera handy and get a better shot.

-Carolyn

Aww I'm so glad he's okay Carolyn! I'vebeen thinking about him! Poor wee thing... lovely picturetoo! So cute! :D *hugs Tucker*

Ang xx

hehehe...Rex has skinny little legs too, like he's walking on dowels :p

Tucker kissed me tonight.

I guess all is forgiven.

:)

-Carolyn

He's such a "big deal" now, they're talking aboutputting a small article about this whole ordeal?in the next issue ofthe Rabbits Only on-line magazine.?

:)

-Carolyn

I'm enjoying it while he's still humble, bunsforlife.

Thanks Everyone for joining with me in my sigh ofrelief.

Pam,

Just thinking ahead and for prevention, does it make any sense to youto give them cod liver oil every so often to keep their intestinesslippery? I realize they need the fiber of course, but Iquestion if having the intestines lubricated would help prevent thingsfrom getting stuck. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

I was so sad to hear what your boy and you had to go through...I was sohappy to find out he is okay. You are a great bunny mommy!!

Dawn

Carolyn wrote:
I'm enjoying it while he's still humble, bunsforlife.

Pam,

Just thinking ahead and for prevention, does it make any sense to youto give them cod liver oil every so often to keep their intestinesslippery? I realize they need the fiber of course, but Iquestion if having the intestines lubricated would help prevent thingsfrom getting stuck. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

-Carolyn

Probably won't do much as the inflammation seems to be the primaryproblem. Also, I don't advise syringingany oil substances because of the danger of aspirating into the lungs.

Pam

Thanks Dawn and everyone for following along. :)

Ahhhh, Many Many thanks, Pam!

-Carolyn

It was also noted that little Tucker's gut wasactually hyper active before the stasis hit and he was passing anabnormal amount of soft feces. One wonders if that would bethe time to administer an anti-inflammatory med. to attempt to controlinflammation and promote peristalsis.

Pam

Can an anti-inflammatory be purchased over the counter?

-Carolyn

Back