Gas? HELP PLEASE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please stay online
If that was to me, I'm still here. I'm in an online class right now and am trying to focus while helping you, so if it says I'm not online anymore it is because I have closed this tab. I have push notifications on my laptop so I get an update every time someone post on a threat that I am watching or if they like one of my posts. Sorry, it is kind of confusing, but I'm still here.

Myself use a fly swat to make my bunny move, I just swat/pat the tail until he gets irritated he will go running from me.

Did you rule out all the other possible for not eating. Just to make sure you don’t force feed and do something that can hurt your bunbun.

If you are certain it’s gas and he’s not fully bad bloated, give gas drops and critical care.
This is my first rabbit and the first time him being sick. I'm not positive but from what you guys are saying, hmmmmm

If that was to me, I'm still here. I'm in an online class right now and am trying to focus while helping you, so if it says I'm not online anymore it is because I have closed this tab. I have push notifications on my laptop so I get an update every time someone post on a threat that I am watching or if they like one of my posts. Sorry, it is kind of confusing, but I'm still here.
Thank you!!!!!!!?!!

I hope Bunbun will get better, I’ve been through a few gas problems with my bunny Odin. His tiny size make him get gas problems easy 😒

Bloating will feel like a balloon and it can also cause the stomach to feel really tense.

This is my first rabbit and the first time him being sick. I'm not positive but from what you guys are saying, hmmmmm
If you are not positive that he doesn't have gas, that is ok. Giving him gas drops won't hurt him at all, and if it is gas, it should clear it up. DO NOT Syringe Feed! If he has a blockage syringe feeding will make things worse.

Thank you!!!!!!!?!!
You're welcome.

I hope Bunbun will get better, I’ve been through a few gas problems with my bunny Odin. His tiny size make him get gas problems easy 😒

Bloating will feel like a balloon and it can also cause the stomach to feel really tense.
Thank you for the support!

If you are not positive that he doesn't have gas, that is ok. Giving him gas drops won't hurt him at all, and if it is gas, it should clear it up. DO NOT Syringe Feed! If he has a blockage syringe feeding will make things worse.

You're welcome.
How long can a rabbit go without eating or drinking? I'm not even sure if he is drinking.

They can't go very long, 6-8 hours at the most. You can syringe him water very slowly to keep him drinking. You can also put some apple juice in his water if you want to make it more appealing. Apple is full of sugar but it helps with constipation (I probably should have told you to get some apples from Walmart if you don't have any at home).
If BunBun doesn't eat or drink for 6-8 hours you need to take him to the vet ASAP.

Don't worry, we have apples at home. Also, I've never seen him drink the whole time I've ever owned him. He likes to do it without anyone watching.

Did you mean fresh apple juice or the canned kind?

Theo is the same way when drinking water. I have only seen him drinking a couple of times. Fresh juice is the best.

Theo is the same way when drinking water. I have only seen him drinking a couple of times. Fresh juice is the best.
I just wanted to let you know that I'm very thankful to you and the other people helping me. I'm a fairly new bunny owner, and I get so worried about my baby. ♥️

Also..... Is it possible that he might die?

We have a problem, every time I tried to give him the gas drops he turns his head a different way and won't take them. Help!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm very thankful to you and the other people helping me. I'm a fairly new bunny owner, and I get so worried about my baby. ♥
I love helping people when it comes to rabbit care, so this is good for me. I know how you feel too. I have been in this same situation with Theo and I was scared to death!
K
Do you think he actually drinks at all? LOL
Lol, he probably does... 😂
Also..... Is it possible that he might die?
There is a small small small chance of that, but it is unlikely. If he got a blockage, then I would worry, but right now he just has gas.

We have a problem, every time I tried to give him the gas drops he turns his head a different way and won't take them. Help!
Put some banana on the syringe. Or put some gas drops on the outside of the syringe too. Theo loved the taste of them and would pull the syringe out of my hand, lol.
If it gets too hard, wrap him up in a bunny burrito so that he can't wiggle.

I managed to get a little bit into him. I'm thinking about bringing him to a vet. What do you suggest?

Latest posts

Back