For those who've had pregnancies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NetherlandDwarf wrote:
I have a question about C-sections, what are they like? can you feel it, i know they give you pain stuff, but it freaks me out thinking about it. if you had to get a c section if there an option where the docs can just knock you out? or would you have to be awake for it?
With my c-section, I didn't even know they had started it, LOL. I could tell that they were doing something, cause my body was being moved around, but the only actual feeling was pressure when they were taking the babies out. It's better for you and for the baby if they keep you awake, because if they knock you out your baby will be groggy too, and slower to breathe on it's own and stuff. I think the worst thing for me was feeling like my body stopped at the bottom of my rib cage, LOL, until the epidural wore off it basically felt like I had no legs. Very creepy, but not painful.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
DeniseJP wrote:
I had to wear double pads in my bra as if I heard Andy or Benn cry, I had double geysers going and would go through everything. If I was a cow, I would have been a Holstein. :p
I use to joke with my mom when we were out and a baby was near us crying that she had to go over and tell the mom to keep her baby quiet before i sprung a leak,lol

LOL!!! Iknow the feeling...to this day (and I do not have little babies any more), if I hear a newborn baby cry, I get that "tingle..."

Denise

Denise

Yes, my cousin had a broken collar bone from birth also, and Alex (niece's baby) sure went through some stuff. He's doing really well tho!

Jason is just beautiful. He looks strong and healthy! I'm really so happy for you!

when you know you are going into labor and you are on your way to the hospital, would it be best to stop to get something to eat on the way there? because once your there they wont feed you until after you have the baby and that could be hours/days until you have the baby... right? please correct me if im wrong :biggrin2:i remember the first time around they didnt let me eat for days even after i had the baby :cry2. it was torture lol

I'd think eating at the beginning of labor would be good... You need energy to get through what could be a long delivery. Probably eat something nutritious versus fast food (which I only mention since you talked about getting something on the way to the hospital). It will likely be hours before you actually give birth so whatever you ate would be out of your stomach and into your intestines by then. Something like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich would probably good, it has lots of calories and protein and it would be very quick to make. Remember to drink lots of fluids too.

pb&j sandwich actually sounds good right now, i havent had one of those in awhile! I need to put jelly on my shopping list. i have been trying to keep things around the house for when the time comes, i just happen to eat it before the time comes lol. would engery bars (i think thats what they are called) be helpful as well? Ive had an incease of cramps and back spasms once again, but no hardening of the belly, i did start having some cramps on the upper part of the belly. i should be having a docs appt this week. once you go into labor does the baby still move around or does the baby's movement slow down since the baby is beginning their downward journey?

thanks everyone who has been answering my questions and giving advice and sharing their stories, it has helped soo much!

Even the not so good deliveries gives you a good view,,,time ages one and if I knew then what I knew now, I would be a good advocate for myself.

Denise

I had my doc appointment today, they want to induce me. we are waiting on test results to find out how soon i'll be induced, but either way they areto induce me by the latter part of next week :nerves1but if my test results are showing even worse signs they are going to call me in right away. :cry2my doc is and has been trying to hold off for as long as possible and he says we probably cant wait much longer. my blood pressure is way up, my swelling is out of control now & now we are waiting for my protein count which has been going up steadily & also to check my sugaroutput in my urine.so he tells me if we can hold off at least after this weekend, with it being a holiday, to enjoy it as much as possible.

I have made it to 38 weeks! so i am pretty much there and they just wanted to have the baby in as long as possible, but i guess i have reached my limit :(

2 weeks ago at my last appt they were talking about inducing... but i got out of that one...

Your babies movements may not slow down all that much during labour. i remember my first daughter kicking me through the best part of it and karla was hiccupping until she was born:)

NetherlandDwarf wrote:
I have made it to 38 weeks! so i am pretty much there and they just wanted to have the baby in as long as possible, but i guess i have reached my limit :(

2 weeks ago at my last appt they were talking about inducing... but i got out of that one...

I had toxemia with my son and at 38 weeks I was induced. It's not bad at all. You will feel so much better and it's not worth the risk.

With my daughter..... they didn't want me to go too long because of the first delivery and my problems so at 37.5 weeks, Doc said "let's see, you'll be 38 weeks....." and I said "NOVEMBER 30, next thurs which is your delivery day!" I seemed to know when to schedule my delivery myself! See, I had told him I didn't want another December birthday in the family..... too many ...... so when I had her on Nov. 30th he laughed and said I was pretty darned determined! LOL!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
NetherlandDwarf wrote:

I had toxemia with my son and at 38 weeks I was induced. It's not bad at all. You will feel so much better and it's not worth the risk.

With my daughter..... they didn't want me to go too long because of the first delivery and my problems so at 37.5 weeks, Doc said "let's see, you'll be 38 weeks....." and I said "NOVEMBER 30, next thurs which is your delivery day!" I seemed to know when to schedule my delivery myself! See, I had told him I didn't want another December birthday in the family..... too many ...... so when I had her on Nov. 30th he laughed and said I was pretty darned determined! LOL!
lol thats funny, i really want to have a May baby, so we'll see.

now when they induce much later in the pregnancy is it a lot faster labor & delivery Vs. being induced early in pregnancy? or it really doesnt matter?

i dont think it matters much and really is up to how fast your body responds and how ready your body is to have the baby. they use things to help labor along like Cerva getl (or cervadil cant remember what the name was), breaking your bag of water, pitocin

If you are starting to progress it might go a bit quicker, but then again, I was at barely 3 cm and had my son in 4 hours.... I pushed once.... Then my daughter. it took longer because she was in a transverse lodge... (not quite head down - more head to the side of the pelvis) but when I got my epidural and sat up for 45 min while they attempted to get it in (I was tense, they kept having trouble - I had sticks all down my back) they got a little in but drew back blood but with that in there, I relaxed and they got it in and then BOOM! she was crowning! Had I not gone with the epidural, I'd have had a c-section after my doc came out of a meeting - he had the OR scheduled for me LOL! He came running in the room telling me to WAIT! until he got his labcoat on! LOL!

well my doc called me this afternoon. we are proceeding with the induction but more test need to be done before they can start the process.

he told me right now things are more elevated again, more then he would like. chronic hypertension and protein urea http://www.babycenter.com/0_chronic-hypertension-during-pregnancy_1427404.bcso more bed rest, which i have had plenty last few weeks, but i guess it keeps me out of the hospital. i'm still borderline to preeclampsia, i guess with this its called superimposed preeclampsia. i really thought i was going to be good with this pregnancy, at least this is all happening at the end of the pregnancy. my first it happend so soon.. i had severe PE and HELLP syndrome.

so this weekend we have been doing all the last minute things, well, my husband has lol i just point and tell him how to do it lol poor guy.

Good luck with the induction... did that with Andy and he's 19 now... (they deliver babies of diabetic moms like me 3 weeks early so I was told - both Andy and Benn were 3 weeks early and were off the scale in size) :)

Denise

Back