For those who've had pregnancies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can pump to help with engorgement, but pumping is not the same as actually breast feeding as you can sometimes have trouble with the let down of the milk if you pump.

I would sometimes pump to help with engorement of when i was driving to VA for Charger i pumped the whole week before , along with feeding so that i would have a supply for my mom to feed him while i was gone, and when we were on the road i pumped,lol. When they are new born sometimes they will sleep l onger and sometimes they will nurse more often so if he started to hit spurts like during the nights i would sometimes have to get up and pump a little to help with the pressure,lol

Lol I think I'm the only person in the world who wouldn't let their doctor check for dilation. It hurt more than the contractions did.

DyemondRabbitry wrote:
Lol... yup... we've got him home right now. I'll be posting a little more later when we've got everything together and some pictures!

OMG!!!!:biggrin2:you had your baby!!! Congrats!! How was it? Did everything go well? love to hear details!! & cant wait for lots of pictures!!!

:hug1

DyemondRabbitry wrote:
Lol... yup... we've got him home right now. I'll be posting a little more later when we've got everything together and some pictures!
Congratulations :D

oh congratulations, and yes we want all the details and pics as soon as you can

That's WONDERFUL! I knew you were on your way, and I was waiting to see what you had/when you post!

Congrats :)

Ok- here it goes! We are finally home and settled so I'll get a post going here. We first went to the hospital on Friday night (the 8th) at about 11:00 with contractions about 4 minutes apart for over an hour- has to be it, right? Well, contractions decreased over night and they gave me "something to help me sleep" which made me really jumpy and jittery. The next morning at about 11:00 I was still having contractions but only about 20 minutes apart so they sent me home to walk. Yeah, that was fun. We came home and started walking like crazy. Contractions came on so hard it was almost constant. Besides that, I had back labor (come to find out later that the little one was sunny side up instead of down.. great..). So... we went back to the hospital. Guess what? I only dialated to 2 cm! So they tell me I have to walk back and forth in the hall, while having constant contractions, for the next hour- that was pure torture.

So we went to walking. My poor husband, he was rubbing my back, getting his had killed by squeezing (no, not the one he broke the night before- now he has two sore hands..lol). By the end of that hour I had only dialed to 4 cm.. lovely. We spent the next several hours enduring MORE contractions and being stuck in bed without any medication- as you can tell, so much fun! Ok, so at about 10:00 we started the pushing- this was such a relief to me! I had a shot of demerol but didn't want to wait for more pain killers to come up from downstairs so we pushed... and we pushed... and we pushed... for two hours we pushed... then it was obvious that the poor little fella was just plain old STUCK so they called in the surgeons for an emergency c-section. The entire time the baby was doing really well so we weren't worried but I was getting exhausted.

Anyhow, after getting the team in, three different spinals (the first didn't work), and hours of contractions Jason William finally arrived at 12:02 a.m. on May 10th weighing 7 lb 5 oz, 21 inches long and scored a 9 and 10 on his agpar tests- strong little bugger.

IMG_1687.jpg

awww you had a mother's day baby! wow you had quite the ordeal!! long labor.. At least you made it! He's so precious :innocent:bunny19

how are you doing now? I hope you have a nice and smooth recovery!

How many weeks were you when you delivered?

Contractions... I'm still trying to understand them.. i must be really retarded lol i read about them i hear about them and im trying to figure out the whole count method, sorry if this doesn't make sense... so when contractions start, meaning the pain and then stop you wait andwatch how long it takes until the next one starts? and when they get close enough its time to go in.

Im 37 weeks today and I have now made it to full term status! my doc didnt think i would make it.. but this past week my hicks contraction and other pains and pressure has subsided quite a bit! I probably just jinxed myself now.... but i am missing my ankles and if anyone has seen them please let me know :p

Lol I didn't know when I was having contractions. I thought I was just having slight cramps. My medically induced contractions never got as bad as my usual period cramps so I spent my entire labor waiting for "the real contractions" lol.

Lol- if mine wasn't back labor I'd probably still be wondering what the contractions were too. Honestly, I've never been in that much pain. I've had sprains, strains, breaks, concussions... been thrown from horses, wrecked vehicles... all that... never so much pain before. Honestly, it's a tightening with pain.. almost like a charlie horse that keeps coming back.

Latest posts

Back